Thursday's gossip

Tom

AC Milan are lining up a £5m bid for Arsenal defender William Gallas and hope to tempt the Frenchman to the San Siro after his recent troubles at the Emirates. (The Sun)

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is being targeted by Spartak Moscow, who will offer £5m for the Dane in January. (Various)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will make an £11m offer for Middlesbrough's England winger Stewart Downing in January. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City want to sign Schalke 04 goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and will launch a £12m bid for the German, whose team they will be trying to beat in the Uefa Cup on Thursday. (Daily Mirror)

City boss Mark Hughes is set to make a £25m offer for Sevilla's Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano. (Daily Star)

Newcastle's interim manager Joe Kinnear hopes to sign midfielder Alexandre Song and defender Johan Djourou on loan from Arsenal in January but believes the Gunners' progress in the Champions League and Carling Cup means Arsene Wenger will be reluctant to let the duo leave. (The Guardian)

The Magpies have also watched Blackburn pair Stephen Warnock and Christopher Samba but it is doubtful they will have the funds to take them to St James' Park in the transfer window. (The Guardian)

Kinnear is waiting to discover whether his bid to bring in Roma's former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise on loan has been successful. (The Guardian)

Bolton are keen on Hapoel Petach Tikva striker Shimon Abu Hazeira. (Daily Star)

Doncaster are targeting West Brom's Polish striker Bartosz Slusarski to solve their goalscoring crisis. (Daily Mirror)

Ipswich want West Brom right-back Carl Hoefkens, who has made only one substitute appearance for the Baggies since mid-September. (The Sun)

Derby manager Paul Jewell will offer defender Jay McEveley in part-exchange for Charlton striker Luke Varney. (The Sun)

OTHER FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Chelsea boss Phil Scolari is willing to stake his £5m-a-year job on the Blues qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League after seeing his side held by Bordeaux. (The Sun)

Bordeaux 1-1 Chelsea

Scolari's threat to leave his post and go back to Brazil if Chelsea fail to get out of Group A was actually a joke. (The Times)

Disgruntled Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has described the last six months as the worst of his career. The Ivory Coast striker, who has been linked with a switch to join his old Blues boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, was sent off in the Champions League in May, was embroiled in controversy over a coin-throwing incident against Burnley earlier this month, has had persistent injury problems and is yet to score a league goal this season. (Various)

Drogba Inter reports rile Scolari

Arsenal defender Gael Clichy has accused William Gallas of smashing the Gunners' team morale with the public criticism of his team-mates last week that led to Gallas being stripped of the club captaincy. (The Sun)

Gallas launches Arsenal outburst

New Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas admits his side's style of play might be better suited to European football than the Premier League. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal's new chief executive Ivan Gazidis will take a hands-on role in the club's transfer policy. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal name new chief executive

West Ham owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson is being urged to sell the club before he is bankrupted by Sheffield United's £30m claim for damages over the Carlos Tevez saga. (Daily Mail)

West Ham suffer new Tevez setback

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is preparing to give interim boss Joe Kinnear a contract until the end of the season as his hopes of selling the club quickly fade. (Daily Mail)

Mark Viduka will make a surprise return from injury for the Magpies in Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby with Middlesbrough. (Various)

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney says a win in Sunday's derby with Manchester City will show who are the "real kings of Manchester". (Various)

Nottingham Forest are set to sack boss Colin Calderwood on Thursday and former Derby boss Billy Davies has verbally agreed to take charge at the City Ground. (Daily Mirror)

Swindon have asked former boss Glenn Hoddle for help to find a new manager following the departure of Maurice Malpas. (The Sun)

Swindon candidates excite Fitton

Stockport County manager Jim Gannon will reject the vacant manager's job at Crewe. (The Sun)

AND FINALLY

Arsenal forward Nicklas Bendtner thinks he is the Gunners' 'King of Bling' after wearing a shocking pair of pink boots against Dynamo Kiev this week. "I love my pink boots," said Bendtner. "I've wanted to play in that colour ever since I was young. The only way anyone at Arsenal can beat me now is to play with diamond-encrusted boots. And I don't think that is going to happen for a few years." (The Sun)

The Magpies have also watched Blackburn pair Stephen Warnock and Christopher Samba but it is doubtful they will have the funds to take them to St James' Park in the transfer window.

Is probably true mind. Shades of Roeder going to watch Kuyt :lol:

It's gone beyond even slightly amusing anymore, the fun has gone and it's been replaced by a solid bout of depression and general suicidal playing by the team. I think I actually feel as bad now as I did when Souness was in charge, but for a different reason obviously. The same disappointment and not being able to see light at the end of the tunnel has settled over me... I want Ashley to fuck off but it's just not happening and I can't see it happening any time soon. Being an NUFC supporter right now feels like shit.

Mark Viduka will make a surprise return from injury for the Magpies in Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby with Middlesbrough. (Various)

What are the odds on the fat bastard declaring himself injured again before the weekend?

What are the odds on the fat bastard declaring himself injured again before the weekend?

Friday is BOGOF day at the Pie shop.... hence no lardy aussie on Saturday. :lol: