Kinnear given till the end of the season

Tom

I don't understand all the negative attitudes?? I'm not a fan of the bloke but he has got the players on side and they have started playing better. Changing a manager now would just disrupt things even more in the camp. IMO!!!

Cutting off the nose to spite the face. An expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive overreaction to a problem. "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning not to act out of pique or pursue revenge in such a way as to damage yourself more than the object of your anger.

:icon_lol:

"Don't be a patronising wanker" :lol:

:lol:

:o

Much like yourself I think we need to make the most of it and get behind him.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he has bought stability to the team so i think maybe good move

It's not really Kinnear that's the problem (although I doubt anyone would actually want him), it's all the things that Kinnear being here till the end of the season means (no matter how good or bad a job he might do).

The players that are now effectively gone.

The players that now won't be coming (or the "investment" that will be happening if you're from the South East (al la Ashley & Danny) :o ).

The club that won't be sold any time soon.

I don't understand all the negative attitudes?? I'm not a fan of the bloke but he has got the players on side and they have started playing better. Changing a manager now would just disrupt things even more in the camp. IMO!!!

Cutting off the nose to spite the face. An expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive overreaction to a problem. "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning not to act out of pique or pursue revenge in such a way as to damage yourself more than the object of your anger.

"Don't be a patronising wanker" :lol:

:o

Much like yourself I think we need to make the most of it and get behind him.

It's not so much the Kinnear thing - (though I think only one good performance/result is that worthy of praise (Villa)) - its the fact it confirms the lack of sale and all that entails. Players will be sold in January, none will be bought and all those whose contracts are expiring will at best stay until may before leaving (as opposed to at least a chance of them staying with new owners).

We've been better than we were under Houghton, but not by much to my eyes. Houghton bore the brunt of the worst of the chaos in the immediate aftermath of early September, and also had to contend with a significantly worse injury list. With players back and matters - relatively speaking of course - settling down some improvement was to be expected.

The football is still poor and on the pitch we look like what we are: relegation candidates. We've played in fits and starts and managed to scrape a few results together but we've never looked convincing. And the Chelsea game aside there's been far too much reliance on lumping it to Shola and hoping to feed off that. We're reverting to bypassing the midfield again. It's ugly and predictable. Kinnear looks to me like another one-dimensional manager.

We'll be bottom six all season in my view. If we lose Owen in January we become that much more likely to go down.

Of course from where we are today it's perfectly reasonable to argue that the Kinnear contract extension makes sense for several reasons, the biggest one being that no fucker else would come. But we're only where we are because of a disastrous series of events which are ultimately entirely down to the incompetence (and, I suspect, greed) of the owner, and it's all utterly depressing.

tbh I'd much prefer to hear this than us just find out he's been extended each month.

It's fairly evident he was going to be here as long as Ashley is at the helm - if we're honest, we can't expect much better in the current circumstances.

If the club is sold in January, I don't doubt he'll be on his way at the same time.

I don't seeing it being sold tbh

least not till next summer, he's going drag it out and slowly try to weed his way back in thinking everyones forgotten.

LLambias will start making statements more regulary

Wise will pop up a bit more and more edging towards the transfer window with good players leaving and Xisco mkII arriving

JFK will get suspended every other week for Disney references.

stay frosty :lol:

Now is the time for NUSC to spring into action. As has been said, not against Kinnear but against the fact that this shows that the fat cunt is gonna try to ride it out.

Though i seem this coming and im not suprised i dont think its all bad tbh.

As 2bias said he has brought a bit of stability and a dogged nature to the side, i hold my breath when saying this but i dont think KK would of got a draw at stamford bridge. Im not sayin JFK is better than KK, FAR FROM IT. Just KK would of went to chelsea and played openly and i think we'd of got trounced.

Also now there is not gonna be any more uncertanty until the end of the season, it lets JFK and the squad commit and knuckle down now till the end of the season. I now also think that ashley has resigned to the fact he will need to give JFK money in january to build the squad. Thus helping us stay up and making us a more sellable asset.

Hopefully we can tie up owen to a new contract now, JFK has always said he would try his best if he was here for longer so maybe just maybe it can happen. Even if it was just for one more year.

Theres a little hope.

I think you're being overly positive there, but I guess we won't know till January and then the end of the season.

What worries me is even if we manage to scrape though this season without relegation, what state we'll be in for next season.

least not till next summer, he's going drag it out and slowly try to weed his way back in thinking everyones forgotten.

Wise will pop up a bit more and more edging towards the transfer window with good players leaving and Xisco mkII arriving

Or it could see the likes of Ramage replaced by Bassong, Milner replaced by Jonas, Faye replaced by Coloccini...

Or it could see the likes of Ramage replaced by Bassong, Milner replaced by Jonas, Faye replaced by Coloccini...

lol nice one mate

I agree thats its best for the club short term, however as said this is exactly what MA wanted. A manager in place who is in all essence a puppet. Fuck all to do with ambition. Just a yes man and a mouthpiece.

I agree thats its best for the club short term, however as said this is exactly what MA wanted. A manager in place who is in all essence a puppet. Fuck all to do with ambition. Just a yes man and a mouthpiece.

As long as the team is getting positive results then i'm not too fussed

I think you're being overly positive there, but I guess we won't know till January and then the end of the season.

What worries me is even if we manage to scrape though this season without relegation, what state we'll be in for next season.

Through all the years of inconsistency with different managerial regimes, boards, players etc one thing remains the same - The unrealistic expectations of the fans

Yes I know we're the greatest fans the world has ever seen blah blah blah but for fucks sake give the bloke a chance & give him our support at least until the end of the season.

Through all the years of inconsistency with different managerial regimes, boards, players etc one thing remains the same - The unrealistic expectations of the fans

Yes I know we're the greatest fans the world has ever seen blah blah blah but for fucks sake give the bloke a chance & give him our support at least until the end of the season.

Alot of people are and i think he has done ok

These positive results you speak of have us in the relegation zone

Because other teams results went against us

Edited by Geordie Lad...

4 defeats in 6 before he came in, 2 defeats in 8 since he took over.

Because other teams results went against us

All season? :lol:

He's done alright tbf. Nowt special, but alright. The complaints are mainly because his appointment until the end of the season (like KK leaving was) are symptomatic of a larger problem at the club.