Kinnear given till the end of the season

Tom

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree thats its best for the club short term, however as said this is exactly what MA wanted. A manager in place who is in all essence a puppet. Fuck all to do with ambition. Just a yes man and a mouthpiece.

As long as the team is getting positive results then i'm not too fussed

These positive results you speak of have us in the relegation zone

4 defeats in 6 before he came in, 2 defeats in 8 since he took over.

exactly

I think you're being overly positive there, but I guess we won't know till January and then the end of the season.

What worries me is even if we manage to scrape though this season without relegation, what state we'll be in for next season.

Through all the years of inconsistency with different managerial regimes, boards, players etc one thing remains the same - The unrealistic expectations of the fans

Yes I know we're the greatest fans the world has ever seen blah blah blah but for fucks sake give the bloke a chance & give him our support at least until the end of the season.

:lol:

With the best will in the world would Kinnear be in anyone's top 10 for NUFC? Top 20? :o

But that's not really the point, the point is Kinnear is a symptom of what is systematically destroying the club and may well do it's best to utterly destroy it in the long term.

Kinnear is almost irrelevant, no matter how well or badly he does.

I think you're being overly positive there, but I guess we won't know till January and then the end of the season.

What worries me is even if we manage to scrape though this season without relegation, what state we'll be in for next season.

Through all the years of inconsistency with different managerial regimes, boards, players etc one thing remains the same - The unrealistic expectations of the fans

Yes I know we're the greatest fans the world has ever seen blah blah blah but for fucks sake give the bloke a chance & give him our support at least until the end of the season.

With the best will in the world would Kinnear be in anyone's top 10 for NUFC? Top 20? :icon_lol:

But that's not really the point, the point is Kinnear is a symptom of what is systematically destroying the club and may well do it's best to utterly destroy it in the long term.

Kinnear is almost irrelevant, no matter how well or badly he does.

:o Agree

oh the shame I agreed with the fop :icon_lol::lol:

So, about that sale Mike. :lol:

Go to hell and take your cronies with you. Sell to buy? I can only imagine what twisted transfer deals a dream team of Wise, Llambias and Kinnear will think up.

"And when we get to Norwich, this is what we'll sing..."

I think with the players we've got he'll get us comfortably into a lower mid-table spot, which is in-keeping with the last 4 years really.

Sadly that seems to be 'okay' with some people... :lol:

I agree thats its best for the club short term, however as said this is exactly what MA wanted. A manager in place who is in all essence a puppet. Fuck all to do with ambition. Just a yes man and a mouthpiece.

exactly

2 wins in 8 as well btw before you get too carried away.

exactly

But a couple of the draws we were unlucky not to win. And we will win this weekend anyway :lol:

So happy for Joe, he is a top man and a legend. I cant believe those on here who appear to be trying to heap blame on him for your current position.

His record for you is brilliant. It makes me laugh, you say he is a bad manager, then in the same breath, you say the team is rubbish. A rubbish team would not be getting the results you have been getting.

Also get a grip those who are saying "ooooh I dread to think who we will be signing....Well your first team signings up to this point haven't been bad have they??

The reason you are where you are is down to the upheaval of Keegan walking out on you when he did. Unforgivable IMO.

Edited by Danny B

So happy for Joe, he is a top man and a legend. I cant believe those on here who appear to be trying to heap blame on him for your current position.

His record for you is brilliant. It makes me laugh, you say he is a bad manager, then in the same breath, you say the team is rubbish. A rubbish team would not be getting the results you have been getting.

Also get a grip those who are saying "ooooh I dread to think who we will be signing....Well your first team signings up to this point haven't been bad have they??

The reason you are where you are is down to the upheaval of Keegan walking out on you when he did. Unforgivable IMO.

I would agree with alot of that :/

Wise's signings so far:

Bassong - Unproven

Guthrie - Started well under Keegan but has generally been disappointing since

Coloccini - Done alright, but he did cost £9.1m

Jonas - Done well

Xisco - Flop

Nacho - Who?

They're hardly set the league alight.

Wise's signings so far:

Bassong - Unproven

Jonas - Done well

Xisco - Flop

Nacho - Who?

Bassong has been doing well, Guthrie i think has done ok and is one for the future and as for Xisco he has hardly been given a chance so its unfair to judge him. Nacho was a pointless one but apart from that they are not bad signings

Wise's signings so far:

Bassong - Unproven

Jonas - Done well

Xisco - Flop

Nacho - Who?

Xisco is a kid, Bassong is fifty/fifty. I know a few people involved in the proffessional game and they told me that if 50% of your signings are a success, you are doing well. I dont see the need for the girly panic TBH.

you are doing well. I dont see the need for the girly panic TBH.

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :lol:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Joe-pla...Owen.4742920.jp

JOE Kinnear can begin planning ahead after being confirmed as Newcastle United manager for the rest of the season.

And the 61-year-old has been promised funds to strengthen his team in the January transfer window.

The move suggests that the sale of the club has been put on hold by owner Mike Ashley amid a global financial crisis.

And one of Kinnear's first tasks will be to attempt to open contract talks with Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi and Steve Harper, all of whom, as it stands, will be able to leave St James's Park next summer on free transfers.

"I spoke to Mike yesterday afternoon, and he's asked me to stay as manager of the club until the end of the season," said Kinnear, whose side take on Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium tomorrow.

"I'm absolutely delighted. We had a good talk, and he made it clear that he's happy for me to keep going, and that there would be money for the three or four new players we believe we need in the transfer market in January.

"On this score, I can tell our fans that we have three or four irons in the fire, and it's just as case of wait and see, and obviously, there are several players contracts still to sort out.

"After speaking to Mike, I went in to see our managing director Derek Llambias and our football secretary Lee Charnley, and we are all keen to get things up and running.

"Funnily enough, while I was talking to our directors yesterday afternoon, all my family were ringing me from London and saying that all the talk down there was that I was going to be the next manager of Charlton Athletic."

Kinnear had been put on a month-to-month deal after his shock arrival in the wake of Kevin Keegan's controversial departure in September.

He went on: "No one was shocked more than me, but I've loved every minute of being here.

"The fans are great and this is a great football club.

"Obviously, I can't make any promises, but wouldn't it be fantastic if we can climb up the table and also have a good FA Cup run?

"Certainly, I'm looking forward to the FA Cup third round draw on Sunday."

:lol::o:lol: Priceless

and that there would be money for the three or four new players we believe we need in the transfer market in January.

You know I think I might have heard that before......... can't think where though. :lol:

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :lol:

Signings wise you are doing well. Really Fop I would go for a sit down, getting cuffed left and right in the pharmacutical thread has affected you.

I have told you why you are where you are.

exactly

But a couple of the draws we were unlucky not to win. And we will win this weekend anyway :lol:

Haddaway man.

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :o

Signings wise you are doing well. Really Fop I would go for a sit down, getting cuffed left and right in the pharmacutical thread has affected you.

So amazingly well in fact we're in the relegation zone. :lol:

Thank fuck they didn't listen to that idiot Keegan about cover and strength in depth, just think about where we'd be now. :lol:

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :o

So amazingly well in fact we're in the relegation zone. :icon_lol:

Thank fuck they didn't listen to that idiot Keegan about cover and strength in depth, just think about where we'd be now. :lol:

Are you stupid? The reason you are in the relegation zone, is the run of games you went on after KK left you in the lurch. JFK is in the process of proving KK wrong.

Are you stupid? The reason you are in the relegation zone, is the run of games you went on after KK left you in the lurch. JFK is in the process of proving KK wrong.

He's in the progress of proving Keegan right, he's even saying most of the same things Keegan said. :icon_lol: