Kinnear given till the end of the season

Tom

We were fucking shite against the mackems, shite (despite winning) against West Brom, shite against Wigan and shite against Fulham. And not much better against Everton or Man City either. Villa was our best result, but we were no better than decent against a surprisingly poor-on-the-night side. We got away with ten behind the ball at Chelsea and fair play but that won't happen often. I can't remember coming out of a single match recently thinking we'd played well - it's usually been either relief or gloom, and it's never been easy on the eye.

Ten points in eight games with that run of fixtures is hardly 'brilliant'. We've not won away all season and of the twelve remaining home games, four are against the 'big four'. Kinnear's a relic who will be found out I suspect. The rest of the season will be painful and a sell-to-buy January is a fucking massive gamble on Ashley's part.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you prefer to:

1) Keep Kinnear on a month to month and try to push for a sale, ignoring the January window. Ashley out ASAP, whatever the cost.

2) Give Kinnear until the end of the season, put a stop to takeover discussions and concentrate on who to bring in during the January window. Push for a sale after May, wherever we finish in the league and cup.

3) Give Kinnear until the end of the season, put a stop to takeover discussions and concentrate on who to bring in during the January window. Judge Ashley's position on where we finish in the league and cup.

Edited by Happy Face

you are doing well. I dont see the need for the girly panic TBH.

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :o

Signings wise you are doing well. Really Fop I would go for a sit down, getting cuffed left and right in the pharmacutical thread has affected you.

I have told you why you are where you are.

So amazingly well in fact we're in the relegation zone. :lol:

Thank fuck they didn't listen to that idiot Keegan about cover and strength in depth, just think about where we'd be now. :lol:

Are you stupid? The reason you are in the relegation zone, is the run of games you went on after KK left you in the lurch. JFK is in the process of proving KK wrong.

He's in the progress of proving Keegan right, he's even saying most of the same things Keegan said. :icon_lol:

he is getting results with that team. Yes there will be strengthening but he has proven the current lot can contend in the prem

We'll soon see. Let's see if Owen signs a new contract.

The lure of playing under such a big name as Joe Kinnear and the thought of the £10m+ signings that Ashley is going to provide will no doubt be too much for him to resist. :lol:

Hmm..... if being sat in the relegation zone is what you think is doing well, I'd hate to see what you think doing badly is. :o

Signings wise you are doing well. Really Fop I would go for a sit down, getting cuffed left and right in the pharmacutical thread has affected you.

Thank fuck they didn't listen to that idiot Keegan about cover and strength in depth, just think about where we'd be now. :lol:

Are you stupid? The reason you are in the relegation zone, is the run of games you went on after KK left you in the lurch. JFK is in the process of proving KK wrong.

And who was responsible for KK leaving? Who's the same shiteater who lied to us about the club's sale, who lied to us about bringing in a DOF over Keegan, who's lied with almost every breath?

JK proving Keegan wrong? You desperately need to have a word, you cockney tosser. I can't believe some of the shite that pours forth from your mouth.

As many have said, it shows the sale isn't as close as we were led to believe. That being that case, this is the right thing to do imo.

Whether he can keep a hold of Owen et al is a moot point. The wheels will already be in motion for those players looking to leave and short of the sale being completed anytime soon, those players will be on their way. I don't think the appointment of JFK for the rest of the season will make much difference tbh. If we go on a good cup run lets say, Owen is not likely to turn round and think to himself "Well, the club I play for is a shambles, with no direction and nothing but uncertainty on the horizon. But we've just had a good run so fuck it, I'll sign a new contract" is he? Same goes for the other players whose contracts are up.

What it will do is remove one of the unstabling elements of the clubs current position, which can only be a good thing. He's not going to start doing worse now he has a 6 month contract now is he?

In the grand scheme of things, JFK is not our biggest problem, in fact I'd go as far as to say that his is only one of the minor ones.

So happy for Joe, he is a top man and a legend. I cant believe those on here who appear to be trying to heap blame on him for your current position.

His record for you is brilliant. It makes me laugh, you say he is a bad manager, then in the same breath, you say the team is rubbish. A rubbish team would not be getting the results you have been getting.

Also get a grip those who are saying "ooooh I dread to think who we will be signing....Well your first team signings up to this point haven't been bad have they??

The reason you are where you are is down to the upheaval of Keegan walking out on you when he did. Unforgivable IMO.

Fucking hell. The bloke (well, we assume he's a bloke) has reached a new low here like. Never known anyone come on a pipe up with such utter shite. Thing is, I actually think he believes it as well :lol:

Ok lets see. Firstly, most here dont have that much against JFK, more the fact that MA now has a puppet manager which he wanted all along, something KK would not be. I dont actually think he's a bad manager. In fairness, he's steadied the ship "a bit". We were going ok under KK and I dont think we'd be where we are now under KK. The players in the team are ok, but we know they can play much much better. The problem with the possible signing are nothing to do with the manager, they are to do with the lack of funds. While you might say the signing last made by MA weren't bad, thats because only the decent ones are getting a game. Two of them have barely seen the pitch!

KK in my mind was right to go, its a disgrace what happened. Even your own "geezer" you have now I think it was came out and said he was right to go. Funny when he did it was KK walked and yet Curbs, who if you recall left for the very same reason, was upholding his principles :o

As many have said, it shows the sale isn't as close as we were led to believe. That being that case, this is the right thing to do imo.

Whether he can keep a hold of Owen et al is a moot point. The wheels will already be in motion for those players looking to leave and short of the sale being completed anytime soon, those players will be on their way. I don't think the appointment of JFK for the rest of the season will make much difference tbh. If we go on a good cup run lets say, Owen is not likely to turn round and think to himself "Well, the club I play for is a shambles, with no direction and nothing but uncertainty on the horizon. But we've just had a good run so fuck it, I'll sign a new contract" is he? Same goes for the other players whose contracts are up.

What it will do is remove one of the unstabling elements of the clubs current position, which can only be a good thing. He's not going to start doing worse now he has a 6 month contract now is he?

In the grand scheme of things, JFK is not our biggest problem, in fact I'd go as far as to say that his is only one of the minor ones.

Good post.

Would you prefer to:

1) Keep Kinnear on a month to month and try to push for a sale, ignoring the January window. Ashley out ASAP, whatever the cost.

2) Give Kinnear until the end of the season, put a stop to takeover discussions and concentrate on who to bring in during the January window. Push for a sale after May, wherever we finish in the league and cup.

3) Give Kinnear until the end of the season, put a stop to takeover discussions and concentrate on who to bring in during the January window. Judge Ashley's position on where we finish in the league and cup.

4) Have Ashley sell the club for less than £280m.

He's in the progress of proving Keegan right, he's even saying most of the same things Keegan said. :icon_lol:

he is getting results with that team. Yes there will be strengthening but he has proven the current lot can contend in the prem

Again we are in the RELEGATION ZONE. "Contend in the Premiership"..... "investment". :icon_lol:

Again we are in the RELEGATION ZONE. "Contend in the Premiership"..... "investment". :icon_lol:

Fop. Has JFK been in charge all season? No.

Why are you in the drop zone? Because of the results subsequent to KK leaving.

Is JFK starting to get you results? Yes.

Are you now contending? Yes.

If you really dont get it there is no hope for you.

http://www.4thegame.com/football-statistic...urrentform.html

Midtable on form.

Spurs are one point ahead of you. Do you not think Harry has had a positive impact because of our current position one point ahead of you?

PLEASE TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND.

So happy for Joe, he is a top man and a legend. I cant believe those on here who appear to be trying to heap blame on him for your current position.

His record for you is brilliant. It makes me laugh, you say he is a bad manager, then in the same breath, you say the team is rubbish. A rubbish team would not be getting the results you have been getting.

Also get a grip those who are saying "ooooh I dread to think who we will be signing....Well your first team signings up to this point haven't been bad have they??

The reason you are where you are is down to the upheaval of Keegan walking out on you when he did. Unforgivable IMO.

Go and fuck yourself you patronising, tedious, jew cunt.

Post of the decade :o:lol:

Post of the decade :lol: :lol:

QFT :o

So amazingly well in fact we're in the relegation zone. :icon_lol:

Again we are in the RELEGATION ZONE. "Contend in the Premiership"..... "investment". B)

Midtable on form.

Spurs are one point ahead of you. Do you not think Harry has had a positive impact because of our current position one point ahead of you?

Again "contending" is not being in the relegation zone, nor is it 2 wins from 8.

He's going to have to pick up quite a bit of form and contend ( :lol: ) with a shitty January of massive "investment" from Ashley.

Also what do spurs have to do with it?

Do you really think Newcastle and Spurs have equal squads? Do you think Rednapp and Kinnear are on par for that matter?

Midtable on form.

This is correct.

Still not happy about this appointment. Gonna be a close run to the end of the season. Much rejoicing for Duffers, and we can say goodbye to the Zog now for sure.

The lure of playing under such a big name as Joe Kinnear and the thought of the £10m+ signings that Ashley is going to provide will no doubt be too much for him to resist. :lol:

Owen is the only genuine worldwide superstar we have. Allowing ourselves to lose him will be far worse than people realise. Being the person who oversaw it happen would be a fuck up on a spectacular scale.

Owen is the guy who sells the club to other players. He is the player that reminds others that we used to have enough clout and enough money to sign players like him and I can't see us doing it for a very long time if he does go.

Mark my words, if Ashley lets him go, we could be absolutely fucked.

Owen is the only genuine worldwide superstar we have. Allowing ourselves to lose him will be far worse than people realise. Being the person who oversaw it happen would be a fuck up on a spectacular scale.

Owen is the guy who sells the club to other players. He is the player that reminds others that we used to have enough clout and enough money to sign players like him and I can't see us doing it for a very long time if he does go.

Agreed, Owen will be the tipping point.

The lure of playing under such a big name as Joe Kinnear and the thought of the £10m+ signings that Ashley is going to provide will no doubt be too much for him to resist. :o

To be honest bud I think we already are, what I can't understand is what the fuck it's got to do with cock-wipes like Danny B? He's on the constant wind-up and he's allowed to continue in what must be a nice diversion for him in the afternoon while he's sitting around in the jewellers doing fuck all else. :lol:

To be honest bud I think we already are, what I can't understand is what the fuck it's got to do with cock-wipes like Danny B? He's on the constant wind-up and he's allowed to continue in what must be a nice diversion for him in the afternoon while he's robbing the jewellers. :lol:

:o

To be honest bud I think we already are, what I can't understand is what the fuck it's got to do with cock-wipes like Danny B? He's on the constant wind-up and he's allowed to continue in what must be a nice diversion for him in the afternoon while he's sitting around in the jewellers doing fuck all else. :o

Danny B's opinion on NUFC is something I value about as highly as Lorraine Kelly's. :lol:

TBH giving him the job fot the rest of the season is best hope we have if we're not going to be sold (and we're not). No one else better would take the job on and there's a bit more chance of players signing in January with us having a manager in for the rest of the season than one on a month to month deal.

He's done so so although I think the simple fact of having a manager in place was enough to pick us up for a bit as long as it was a proper manager rather than our coach doing the job.

The football (Villa aside) has been pretty poor and we still aren't doing well in terms of results (points dopped to Wigan at home and the scum and Fulham away (what were two of the easiest games of the season) is a poor state of affairs) and we are going struggle with this team and him (although all the teams under Everton are shite so they will all most likely struggle too.

The problem as everyone with sense has said as this is just the confirmation of what we all feared, we are no closer to getting rid of Ashley and his band of clowns and no closer to having a club we can be proud of again. We continue to be a soap opera (not even a decent one, more of an Eldorado) that embarasses us as fans.