Kinnear given full control of transfers... apparently

TheMoog

From SSN:

Joe Kinnear insists he will have full control over Newcastle's activity in the January transfer market.

The Magpies interim boss has been told his role will last until the end of the season after club owner Mike Ashley put unsuccessful attempts to sell the club on hold.

And Kinnear has also been informed that he will be handed a New Year transfer kitty as he looks to reinforce the squad he inherited from former boss Kevin Keegan.

A disagreement over transfer policy was partly responsible for Keegan's shock departure in September but his predecessor is adamant he will be the only man making decisions regarding new signings.

He said: "At the moment, the plan is that I identify the players I want and then that will go back to the chairman, Derek Llambias, and then I assume he will give (football director) Dennis Wise the order to go and get them, that's how it works.

Task

"But they are strictly my players. I identify them, it goes to the board, they will back it, hopefully finances will be made available and then Dennis will be given the task to go and negotiate and get the job done.

"I have spoken to the owner, I have explained to him where I think we need to strengthen up with the squad that we have got.

"He is quite happy with that and if we can get the players I am looking for, he has promised me that he will back me up."

And Kinnear admits that one of his priorities will be to establish the future of striker Michael Owen, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

The England international has been linked with Manchester City over recent weeks as speculation suggests he could be prepared to walk away from St James' Park, and Kinnear is eager to end any doubts.

Receptive

"We have got to sit down with Michael now and actually find out how he feels about the situation," he added.

"At the moment, he is being very receptive. I believe he likes it here, to be honest.

"That's my personal opinion, but until I actually hear it from Michael, I don't know.

"But I sincerely hope I am in a position to keep him, for sure, because I wouldn't want to lose him."

The whole statement boils my piss, the bit in bold sounds familiar though. :lol:

Well people have said that JFK has always said what he was told to, so i see this as being no different.

If we bring anyone in then i'l be suprised. Whether or not they are JFK's players we will never know.

If though we are all being cynical and he has said what he wants and hasnt been told to do so, then we can have a little hope that owen, given and n'zogbia will say and we will add to the squad.

Its guessing games, nothing has changed.

"At the moment, the plan is that I identify the players I want and then that will go back to the chairman, Mephistopheles, and then I assume he will give (football director) Cuntface Dwarf the order to go and get them, that's how it works.

Task

"But they are strictly my players. I identify them, it goes to the board, they will back it, hopefully finances will be made available and then Cuntface Dwarf will be given the task to go and pretend to negotiate while actually signing the players he wants.

"I have spoken to the Greedy Lying Fat Cunt, I have explained to him where I think we need to strengthen up with the squad that we have got.

"He is quite happy with that and if we can get the players I am looking for, he has promised me that he will back me up."

Even dozy old Joe seems vaguely aware that these promises may not materialise.