Shearer snubs Toon role

TheMoog

From SSN:

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has revealed Alan Shearer turned down an invitation to join his coaching staff at St James' Park.

Kinnear, who will continue as Magpies boss until the end of the season after impressing on an interim basis, offered Shearer the chance to work with the club's strikers.

However, Shearer rejected Kinnear's overtures and the Magpies chief admits he may look for someone else to bolster his coaching staff.

"I said he'd be welcome to come in any time to give the place a lift and work with our strikers," Kinnear told The Guardian.

"He said it was a very kind offer but he wasn't ready for it yet, and I said, 'That's fine'.

"There's a possibility I might bring someone else in on the coaching front now."

Backing

Meanwhile Shearer has backed former team-mate Michael Owen to win his place back in the England set-up.

Owen has found himself out of favour with Fabio Capello in recent months with his last appearance coming in the friendly defeat to France in March.

Shearer believes his former club and international strike partner can revive his international ambitions.

"On the England front, it's a difficult one at the moment, though if it were up to me he would be in my squad, there's no doubt about that," Shearer told the Daily Telegraph.

"But you can't say anything against the England manager because most of the results he has had have been fabulous.

"But I don't think Michael Owen's international career is over."

There's a reason for all this I'm sure... just can't quite put my finger on it.

Why would Shearer quit the BBC for a coaching role?

The question is why would Shearer change his mind about working under a regime he's already stated he wouldn't work for? It's like if JFK has nothing to say he just makes shit up for the sake of it or makes news stories from nothing just to get in the media spotlight. Diversion tactics by Fat Cunt maybe I suppose.

There's a reason for all this I'm sure... just can't quite put my finger on it.

There is, they've now started on the "if Shearer loved this club as much as he says he does then he would have come in".

Now when we go down they will point the finger and say "see, if that bastard had just taught Shola how to hit the back of the net and Viduka how to not get injured then the fact we'd sold Owen and Martins in January wouldnt have mattered. Its not our fault at all its Big Al".

I swear I hate this regime more and more every minute that passes.

Shearer would have been a fool to accept that.

What harm could it have done Shearer?

He gets to work for 6-months with the squad, gets to see what they're like in training, who's good, who's not, without the pressure of being the main man, and still gets to spend his Saturday nights on the sofa with Lineker & Hansen.

Then come June when Kinnear's contract is up, he's in an easy position to make a smooth transition into our manager. He didn't spend however many years getting his management qualifications to do punditry for too long surely? Think he's missed a trick tbh.

He gets to work for 6-months with the squad, gets to see what they're like in training, who's good, who's not, without the pressure of being the main man, and still gets to spend his Saturday nights on the sofa with Lineker & Hansen.

Then come June when Kinnear's contract is up, he's in an easy position to make a smooth transition into our manager. He didn't spend however many years getting his management qualifications to do punditry for too long surely? Think he's missed a trick tbh.

I disagree, only because often squads don't react well to a 'coach' taking up a manger's role. I think he would make a greater impact on the team coming in fresh.

I disagree, only because often squads don't react well to a 'coach' taking up a manger's role. I think he would make a greater impact on the team coming in fresh.

If Shearer had agreed to it, how many of the players do you honestly think wouldn't have believed it was so he could take over in June?