Office 2007

khay

I've got it at home too and got it free.... and when I can be arsed, 2003 will be going back on.

It's over-controlling and shite!

In fact Gemmill's said probably the most sensible thing he ever has :rolleyes:

I find it hard to justify anything past Office 2000 really.

And the latest OpenOffice is pretty great, baring a few issues that'll be fixed sooner or later (if anyone knows how to get 2 x spreadsheets windows in 1 Calc window, let me know. :rolleyes: )

The scary thing is past the current version of office Microsoft are after trying to make you pay a monthly fee to "lease" the next version of these Office applications. :finger:

I think it's great. The functionality of Word 2007 is spectacular. I've been working with it since last September. It took me about three weeks to figure out where everything was, but since then I've been absolutely pleased with it. I've actually found that most of the formatting functions and such are much easier to find and use in Office 2007 than they were in 2003.

Also, the OneNote program is brilliant.

Zath, what's OneNote? The Home and Student version of Office '07 is £56 on Amazon at the minute so I'm thinking of getting it.

nov 30th you tell khay to use openoffice instead, 4 days later and you're buying it???????

Zath, what's OneNote? The Home and Student version of Office '07 is £56 on Amazon at the minute so I'm thinking of getting it.

nov 30th you tell khay to use openoffice instead, 4 days later and you're buying it???????

£56 is practically free, cerknose!

This is why they think leasing software will work, the sad thing is it probably will. ;)

Aye but OpenOffice is free and better I thought? :icon_lol:;)

I don't know about better, but nearly as good? Yup.

The fact is though that better isn't what "wins", Word Perfect suite was considerably better than Office, but MS won that battle through other means (same with Netscape/Internet Explorer etc.).

This is why they think leasing software will work, the sad thing is it probably will. ;)

Paying 56 quid as a one-off to own the software is why they think leasing it will work? I don't get it.

Paying 56 quid as a one-off to own the software is why they think leasing it will work? I don't get it.

you sold out to the man maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

This is why they think leasing software will work, the sad thing is it probably will. :birthday:

People will just see the "only £10 a month" bit and not realise (or care) that they don't actually own anything (and will have even fewer install and hardware upgrade rights - how games can get away with 3-5 reinstall DRM's is beyond me), or that they'll likely end up paying more in the long run.

MS are trying to make their next OS after Windows 7 work on the same principle, which really will be a money spinner, as you can't just stop paying for that.

It's been their wet dream for years now.

OneNote is a great program for note taking as a student... or a lawyer... don't know how useful it would be in accounting.

It creates automatic text-boxes wherever you want to type, has built-in audio and video recording (which will allow you to sync the recording and jump to whenever you typed notes during the recording. You can add drawings and charts and stuff quickly and easily.

Like I said, it's great as a student, it'll probably be useful in some situations as a lawyer, but I don't know how helpful it would be as an accountant.

• 4 weeks later...