Keano on his way?

tommo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank the lord!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

we might have a hope of staying up now.....

What's Barry Fry up to these days? :birthday:

advertising Clit Bang? :drinks:

Is that soccermom's cleaning fluid of choice?

Edited by Monkeys Fist

What's Barry Fry up to these days? :birthday:

advertising Clit Bang? :drinks:

HaH, like she cleans down there.

It's worn down like a rifle barrel, needs the occasional oiling, but that's about it.

What's Barry Fry up to these days? :drinks:

advertising Clit Bang? :icon_lol:

HaH, like she cleans down there.

It's worn down like a rifle barrel, needs the occasional oiling, but that's about it.

He/She 's not here to defend such scurrilous badinage!!!!

Probably true mind :birthday:

Even Soccernet getting in on the joke:

Ince's Blackburn have gone nine league games without a win while Sunderland were beaten in five of Keane's final six matches. Initial success in the dugout has been replaced by uncertainty about their future prospects. Keane's future may be spent walking his overworked dogs while Ince clings to a position many Rovers fans do not believe he merits.

:birthday:

Decent article about similarities at Blackburn and Sunderland: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...os1&cc=5901

Even Soccernet getting in on the joke:

Ince's Blackburn have gone nine league games without a win while Sunderland were beaten in five of Keane's final six matches. Initial success in the dugout has been replaced by uncertainty about their future prospects. Keane's future may be spent walking his overworked dogs while Ince clings to a position many Rovers fans do not believe he merits.

:drinks:

Decent article about similarities at Blackburn and Sunderland: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...os1&cc=5901

Good arictle- I particularly enjoyed the last line :birthday:

“Ultimately Roy has decided that it’s in the best interests of the club that somebody else should take the next chapter of where we go.” Having provided Keane with £80 million in transfer funds, there will be a queue of candidates.

Quinn described the parting with Keane as amicable and was protective of his compatriot’s record and reputation. “Roy is his own harshest critic and having slipped in the last few weeks, he felt that he’d completed his journey here,” he said. “He didn’t want to get unstuck any further and find ourselves in deeper, darker territory. That’s the measure of the guy.

“I’d defend him to the hilt and how anybody could label him a quitter is beyond me. This is a decision based on what’s best for the team going forward. There were times when Roy did different things, things the man in the street might find difficult to comprehend, but when they work they’re absolutely superb.

“I think we all know the Premier League hasn’t seen the last of Roy Keane. He’s got great things to come.”

Do you think that the Mackems will handle the transition of manager following the Newcastle method (flounder for a while and lose a few games) or the Spurs method (win more than they did before)?

I'm guessing the first method.

Do you think that the Mackems will handle the transition of manager following the Newcastle method (flounder for a while and lose a few games) or the Spurs method (win more than they did before)?

Im hoping the first, it has to be said this is not a good thing for us.

Depends if Big Sam has learnt how to do anything but put wingers on the opposite flanks or not..... on the really up side he might be in for Alan Smith if it gets it!

it goes to show only the prem counts for these prima donna's

well they're out of the league cup and the FA cup third round isn't til January so what else is there?

I hate his guts but there's no doubt that he's another "old football" man, passionate as hell, who'll soon be out of the game for good. Instead johnny-come-latelies like Ashley, the Glazers, the Liverpool owners, etc. who know nothing about what it means to own a club and what a club means to the fans will continue to pervade the game, bringing on jumped-up little wankers like Wise to run their clubs into the ground.

Normally I'd scoff at all of that business about "the league will miss people like Keane" as media-spawned sentimentalism, but it's true, the league damn well will miss people like him and Keegan.

That said, did he really expect commitment from the likes of Chimbonda and Diouf?

Reid interested in Sunderland job

Former Sunderland boss Peter Reid has admitted he would be interested in a return to the Stadium of Light as successor to Roy Keane.

Reid was in charge of the Black Cats between 1995 and 2002 and is currently coach of the Thailand national team.

He told the Daily Mail: "I would be interested. It's fantastic in Thailand and the experience has improved me but everyone aspires to work in England.

"It's the place to be. The players here dream about it."

And Reid also revealed: "There is a clause in my contract that allows me to speak to English clubs if they show interest, so that would be up to chairman Niall Quinn.

"I do know Niall well. We speak occasionally and he invited me to their first home game of the season against Liverpool. He's a man of stature, he's got good business sense and he's a chairman who has seen all sides - as player and manager as well.

"He has also shown he will back his managers. I know from my time as manager there that there are great expectations but £80m spent on players in two years shows you they are committed to achieving those expectations.

"I had two seventh-place finishes, which I think were the best since the war, before coming fourth from bottom. My being linked with the job may not please all the fans but I left the club in a better state than when I arrived and I'd be confident of success again."

Reid believes former Bolton and Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce should be a contender to take over from Keane.

He said: "Sam Allardyce has rightly been mentioned, too, and I've been talked of as a possible assistant to him but that's disrespectful to Sam. Whoever is manager needs to make their own choices.

"The other option mentioned in the press was a role until the end of the season but that would be difficult for me with the job I have.

"If I did come back I know I'm a lot better for the experience with Thailand. It has widened my knowledge."

Former Sunderland boss Peter Reid has admitted he would be interested in a return to the Stadium of Light as successor to Roy Keane.

Reid was in charge of the Black Cats between 1995 and 2002 and is currently coach of the Thailand national team.

He told the Daily Mail: "I would be interested. It's fantastic in Thailand and the experience has improved me but everyone aspires to work in England.

And Reid also revealed: "There is a clause in my contract that allows me to speak to English clubs if they show interest, so that would be up to chairman Niall Quinn.

"I do know Niall well. We speak occasionally and he invited me to their first home game of the season against Liverpool. He's a man of stature, he's got good business sense and he's a chairman who has seen all sides - as player and manager as well.

"He has also shown he will back his managers. I know from my time as manager there that there are great expectations but £80m spent on players in two years shows you they are committed to achieving those expectations.

"I had two seventh-place finishes, which I think were the best since the war, before coming fourth from bottom. My being linked with the job may not please all the fans but I left the club in a better state than when I arrived and I'd be confident of success again."

Reid believes former Bolton and Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce should be a contender to take over from Keane.

He said: "Sam Allardyce has rightly been mentioned, too, and I've been talked of as a possible assistant to him but that's disrespectful to Sam. Whoever is manager needs to make their own choices.

"The other option mentioned in the press was a role until the end of the season but that would be difficult for me with the job I have.

"If I did come back I know I'm a lot better for the experience with Thailand. It has widened my knowledge."

I BET it has.... :razz:

I BET it has.... :(

With his hankering for banana's I bet more than his knowledge has widened :razz: