No cash in January

peasepud

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/73567/...ld-he-can-t-buy

So lets say this is true (which I personally believe it is), how would you balance the books while getting a team together that can guarantee us first team football?

Who would be in and who out?

Cant see anyone coming in, only can afford to get rid of the likes of Smith. Main fear is the players coming out of contract will try and force themselves a move elsewhere.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/73567/...ld-he-can-t-buy

So lets say this is true (which I personally believe it is), how would you balance the books while getting a team together that can guarantee us first team football?

Who would be in and who out?

Looks like JFK is putting a story a day out to protect his position.

Edited by peasepud

Where's the Milner money gone?

Is a very good question. Wern't we promised a signing that never materialised?

Anyway, I think any from Enrique, Smith, Shola, Geremi could be on their way generating some cash.

Its not just the Milner money though, this club should be fairly self sufficient. Wheres the season ticket money gone? not just the normal but any additionals from the three years up front (I know two people who paid up front for it rather than taking the DD route). As MA will be here in Feb when the DDs start, what will happen to that money when it starts rolling in?

More worryingly though is the players that will want to leave.

I do believe Owen will go, a ) because MA will want him off the wage bill and claw back some cash and b ) the likes of Liverpool are looking a little shaky in their striker cover. The lure of going back there added to potential CL football and he'll be off faster than you can say "Caaaaaalm down"

Martins didnt look too happy yesterday, maybe JFK is now looking to piss him off too. And with Viduka back maybe he thinks he doesnt need him. ooooh Viduka, Smith and Shola as our front men....tempting :rolleyes:

Charlie is nailed on to be going but I dont see who will be rushing to take the likes of Enrique off our hands.

Where's the Milner money gone?

Is a very good question. Wern't we promised a signing that never materialised?

Anyway, I think any from Enrique, Smith, Shola, Geremi could be on their way generating some cash.

I think differently, I reckon anyone and everyone will be up for sale on a most profitable basis. There will be a logic along the lines of "sell two strikers, 2 midfield, a defender and keeper and get in the most money you can". That would be (imo) the MA logic.

Enrique, Duff, Ameobi and (if he doesn't get offered or sign a new deal before Jan) Owen should be offloaded but in the circumstances who of any real pedigree is gonna come here knowing the club's up for sale and the manager is gonna change come the start of the next season, therefore the only players you are gonna get are gonna be ageing foriegners looking for a big final contract before retirement. We can do without that kind of shit so I'd be inclined to keep all of the above and sell Smith to fund the signature of a half decent left back.

Enrique, Duff, Ameobi and (if he doesn't get offered or sign a new deal before Jan) Owen should be offloaded but in the circumstances who of any real pedigree is gonna come here knowing the club's up for sale and the manager is gonna change come the start of the next season, therefore the only players you are gonna get are gonna be ageing foriegners looking for a big final contract before retirement. We can do without that kind of shit so I'd be inclined to keep all of the above and sell Smith to fund the purchase of a new lawnmower.

FYP

Colocinni and Xisco balanced the books with the Milner money

Schweinsteiger was meant to be coming in to replace Milner for about £6m.

That may be what Keegan was told but I'd very much doubt whether Wise & Co. ever seriously thought it was an option.

Colocinni and Xisco balanced the books with the Milner money

Schweinsteiger was meant to be coming in to replace Milner for about £6m.

That may be what Keegan was told but I'd very much doubt whether Wise & Co. ever seriously thought it was an option.

I agree. I just meant that there was supposed to be money available after Milner was sold. And now, there doesn't seem to be any money available. We'll see what happens in January though, I suppose.

I don't like to fantasy transfer but we need a quality central midfielder but there's no way of getting one in January unless Owen/Martins/N'Zogbia/Given leave. I'm also resigned to at least 2 of them leaving as well and if they do, it could speed our decline. I have every hope that they unearth a player of Bassong's quality for cheap though.

I don't like to fantasy transfer but we need a quality central midfielder but there's no way of getting one in January unless Owen/Martins/N'Zogbia/Given leave. I'm also resigned to at least 2 of them leaving as well and if they do, it could speed our decline. I have every hope that they unearth a player of Bassong's quality for cheap though.

Been saying this now for 4 years. :rolleyes:

A few on here have been saying that the likes of N'Zogbia and Owen will go because they are most profitable and thats what MA wants, i totally disagree and think its a biased opinion, from the hate MA ultra. Dont get me wrong i hate MA too but i dont think he is totally fucking clueless as some make himout to be.

Why would he sell our best players? We would be MORE likely to go down? Would that benefit him would it?

And why are so many people buying into what papers are saying? The same papers that were printing shit and getting slagged off by the same people on here. Up and down, up and down.

I actually think no one will leave and we will get a few loans in. If and its a big if anyone leaves, it will be from the likes of smith, geremi, ameobi and cacapa.

Id like us to either get Riise on loan or preferably warnock in if there is any money (unlikely).

As i think no one will leave, i doubt we will get cover for RB as we'd have geremi, i doubt we'd get a midfielder as barton and smith will be back in new year and i think smith will be used in midfield (JFK has already made a statement about his versitility).

In an ideal world with a good owner and a good manager we would:

Get Owen to sign a new contract.

Let Butt and Harper run out there contracts.

Sell shola 1mil, geremi 1mil, Cacapa 500k, Smith 3mil.

Promote Kadar to a bench role.

Bring in Warnock 5mil and Skjelbred 5mil, then RB and RM on loan till end of season.

Then in close season, promote Krul to bench spot as harper will leave, use barton and guthrie as replacement holding mid as butt will leave. Bring in another attacking CM to battle with Skjelbred, and a RB and RM on permanent deals as cover for Beye and Gutierezz.

Thats just my take on it all tbh.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

A few on here have been saying that the likes of N'Zogbia and Owen will go because they are most profitable and thats what MA wants, i totally disagree and think its a biased opinion, from the hate MA ultra. Dont get me wrong i hate MA too but i dont think he is totally fucking clueless as some make himout to be.

Why would he sell our best players? We would be MORE likely to go down? Would that benefit him would it?

N'Zogbia has already stated he wants to leave and Owen has not had a contract renewed, he is away in the summer regardless therefore a businessman (which is what Ashley is) will try and get cash in for him rather than let him go on a free (on top of that we will save £100k every week hes not here).

And why are so many people buying into what papers are saying? The same papers that were printing shit and getting slagged off by the same people on here. Up and down, up and down.

I dont normally, however everything so far is going as I predicted it would, statements made to make us feel better and keep things going until JFK is given a longer role are then countered once hes in the seat.

I actually think no one will leave and we will get a few loans in. If and its a big if anyone leaves, it will be from the likes of smith, geremi, ameobi and cacapa.

Id like us to either get Riise on loan or preferably warnock in if there is any money (unlikely).

I actually think you are deluded ;D :rolleyes:

As i think no one will leave, i doubt we will get cover for RB as we'd have geremi, i doubt we'd get a midfielder as barton and smith will be back in new year and i think smith will be used in midfield (JFK has already made a statement about his versitility).

Bring in Warnock 5mil and Skjelbred 5mil, then RB and RM on loan till end of season.

Then in close season, promote Krul to bench spot as harper will leave, use barton and guthrie as replacement holding mid as butt will leave. Bring in another attacking CM to battle with Skjelbred, and a RB and RM on permanent deals as cover for Beye and Gutierezz.

Nice enough, sensible view on what should happen.

My view is made clear in another thread and Im so confident that Im willing to offer you odds of 10/1 on the following:

None of the following players will go: Owen, Martins, Barton, Given.

(Ive even removed CNZ as a favour to you because its so nailed on its untrue).

Confident enough to back it with a bet?

N'Zogbia has already stated he wants to leave and Owen has not had a contract renewed, he is away in the summer regardless therefore a businessman (which is what Ashley is) will try and get cash in for him rather than let him go on a free (on top of that we will save £100k every week hes not here).

I dont normally, however everything so far is going as I predicted it would, statements made to make us feel better and keep things going until JFK is given a longer role are then countered once hes in the seat.

My view is made clear in another thread and Im so confident that Im willing to offer you odds of 10/1 on the following:

N'Zogbia has not stated he wants to leave at all, his AGENT had made some mumblings in france, of which CNZ came out and said he wants to stay but if the club wished to sell him he could do nothing about it.

Owen has not been offered a contract no, but now the club is not going to be sold until next year id imagine there will be talks of a new contract.

You think im deluded? Rather deluded than narrow minded mate, you blinded by your own opinion, either one of us could be right or wrong, only time will tell.

And if i had some extra money sitting about id take you up on that fella, NONE of them will leave.

N'Zogbia has not stated he wants to leave at all, his AGENT had made some mumblings in france, of which CNZ came out and said he wants to stay but if the club wished to sell him he could do nothing about it.

Owen has not been offered a contract no, but now the club is not going to be sold until next year id imagine there will be talks of a new contract.

You think im deluded? Rather deluded than narrow minded mate, you blinded by your own opinion, either one of us could be right or wrong, only time will tell.

And if i had some extra money sitting about id take you up on that fella, NONE of them will leave.

No, Im a realist, rather get myself into this way of thinking now as frankly I cant be disappointed come February. Im ready for it, if however you're so confident then you wont need to worry about having the money spare as its nailed on, isnt it?

Isnt it?

Or are you slowly realising that everytime theres been something that looks ok its come crashing down under this lot? I would have given you the same odds a month ago on there being a sale before the end of the season. Still if you're willing to believe that a Director of Football who sits with the opposition fans has our club at heart then I stand by the deluded statement.