Credit to the scouting team where it's due

Snake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 4 players are all good spots - especially Bassong - and everybody makes mistakes ie the other 2 so I won't criticise that - but there is no point in making good signings then allowing other players the manager wants to keep leave the club, along with the fact the

whole goal was to spend as little as possible, even to the point where we made a profit in the transfer market

This isn't how progressive clubs operate. Thats why Keegan has gone.

Who did we sell that Keegan didn't want to go? (remembering that Keegan said the Milner offer was too good to turn down)

The Milner offer was too good to turn down - ON THE PROVISION that the money from his sale was reinvested into the team. When Keegan made that statement it was on that basis. He was lead to believe that Milner would be replaced (and not by an injured loan 'signing').

Keegan said when we sold him that "Every player had his price" - £12m for Milner was at least £4m more than his value.

All of a sudden though, this comment got turned into "Whole squad up for sale", after he'd left.

By all accounts the money he was promised was available for 2 more players wasn't, and Owen, Barton and Smith were all touted around behind his back at the last second.

As bizarre as it seems we could currently be sitting on the same squad minus Owen, Barton and Smith (Smith ok, but Owen and Barton aren't players to lose with no replacements).

Again, all speculation. At the end of the day though, they're still here so Keegan should have been happy.

Not really, there's enough been said that the smart money would be on it being true.

But the issue is not whether they were sold at the last second or not (clearly they weren't :finger: ), but that they were touted behind Keegan's back.

Why on earth would Keegan be happy about that? He was lied to in at least two different ways? Would YOU be "happy" about that? ;)

Again, where's the proof that these players were being touted about? If this was the case, why hasn't Keegan came out and said this is the reason why he's left? (think it's pretty shocking how he's said nowt these last 3-months to the fans who are backing him despite not knowing all of the facts.) If it's because of the compensation thing, if he said that and it was true, then what does he have to worry about?

Like I said there's been enough offical and leaked stuff for it to be pretty much dead on.

As for Keegan talking (or not), again what would YOU do if it were a case of losing £3,000,000? If you reckon you would just give away £3,000,000 then I take cheques. :rolleyes:

So are you seriously telling me that if Keegan came out to the press, and said, "I left because the club were trying to sell players above my head", and it was the truth, that Ashley could sue him? Doubt it like.

Yes I'm seriously telling you just that.

Doesnt make you right though.

So are you seriously telling me that if Keegan came out to the press, and said, "I left because the club were trying to sell players above my head", and it was the truth, that Ashley could sue him? Doubt it like.

The LMA released a statement saying more or less that anyway.

So the LMA have said it but Keegan cant as he'd get sued? He can say anything he wants to say at any time, his lawyer may advise against him saying anything that would prejudice his case. Thats assuming there is a case? Keegan is suing us i take it, was never sure?

Putting aside the reason KK left the club, the reason for the "did he jump or was he pushed?" dispute is all about money. KK doesn't want to pay any compo for walking as per the supposed clause in his contract and Ashley doesn't want to pay KK anything (he'll want the money from said clause too).

So the LMA have said it but Keegan cant as he'd get sued? He can say anything he wants to say at any time, his lawyer may advise against him saying anything that would prejudice his case. Thats assuming there is a case? Keegan is suing us i take it, was never sure?

It's complicated as apparently there's a claus with a large payout (basically the rest of the contract IIRC) if either side breaks the contract.

Another reason why Keegan wouldn't just flounce off without pretty good justification IMO (and why he'd be insane to say much until it was settled).

My feeling is that after the last meet with MA and KK they agreed a standoff which imo is best for all involved especially the club.

My feeling is that after the last meet with MA and KK they agreed a standoff which imo is best for all involved especially the club.

Alan Oliver?

Alan Oliver?

I also have it on good authority. :rolleyes:

A period of detente, eh? I hope KK's got that in writing btw.

I'd hope Ashley was sensible enough to realise a legal war isn't going to help anything in the short or arguably long term, especially when he's playing for 10's of millions, not a few million.

Cant be helping any sale if there is a court case as that case would be KK against NUFC rather than Mick Ashley. Whoever buys the club will inherit the case too.

Thats got to be a factor in the sale.

Surely then if he's serious about selling, it's in his interest to settle the case asap........... unless he's notafter selling.Oh cynical me!

Cant be helping any sale if there is a court case as that case would be KK against NUFC rather than Mick Ashley. Whoever buys the club will inherit the case too.

Surely then if he's serious about selling, it's in his interest to settle the case asap........... unless he's notafter selling.Oh cynical me!

But I've been told by everyone that Ashley only bought the club for a quick-sell?

But I've been told by everyone that Ashley only bought the club for a quick-sell?

Who on here is saying that?

You make your case well enough without resorting to Straw man stuff :rolleyes:

From what I heard at the time and from what's happened since I think he'd have sold at any point for a profit and was at least hearing people out, possibly even actively pursuing a sale well before KK left.

I have to say, it's doing my head in a bit.

When I wanted him to stay, the rumours were he was looking to get out and sell.

Now we want him out, the rumours are he wants to stay and is looking for a way back in. :rolleyes:

I wish he'd make up his mind, tell us honestly what his plan is and stick to it.

Call me old fashioned....but people used to value their word.

I have to say, it's doing my head in a bit.

When I wanted him to stay, the rumours were he was looking to get out and sell.

Now we want him out, the rumours are he wants to stay and is looking for a way back in. :rolleyes:

I wish he'd make up his mind, tell us honestly what his plan is and stick to it.

Call me old fashioned....but people used to value their word.

Tbf to him, I think he wanted to sell, but the markets have gone against him.

Needs to get that price down a tad as well.