Kinnear to go Dutch

bawan

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear has revealed he is targeting players from Holland as he looks ahead to bolstering his squad in January.

Kinnear was rewarded with a six-month contract on Tyneside last Friday and is keen to strengthen his ranks when the transfer window reopens.

The experienced coach has explained that, with the club currently 17th in the table, he will seek proven acquisitions in the New Year.

He said in the Sunday Sun: "The players we are looking at now have got to be proven - we don't want to chance our arm with 'maybes'.

"They are all playing in their sides in Holland. I believe that whoever I have identified will be better than we have got."

Meanwhile, Magpies goalkeeper Shay Given has expressed his hope that Kinnear will add depth to the squad.

"Hopefully, Joe can bring in a couple of new players in January now," he said in The Northern Echo.

"We need to bring a few in - it's important that we strengthen I think.

"We haven't got the biggest squad and it is in the second half of the season when things get a bit more stretched with injuries and suspensions.

"If we don't get new players in, we'll be hit quite hard and it might damage us."

Well I suppose players in Holland will be cheaper than those in Italy.

The quality in holland isn't great though hence why all the top players are abroad

Klass Jan Huntelaar

:rolleyes:

Edited by bawan

The quality in holland isn't great though hence why all the top players are abroad

Klass Jan Huntelaar

:rolleyes:

was just thinking of him actually lol

there is a couple ok players but the majority go abroad.

Real madrid have said they will target Huntelaar in jan now that horseface and G.Higauin are both out for a while

even if they didn't someone else would sign him, we've no chance

Afellay is a decent player,

it's iritating when you see the likes of farfan sitting at psv for ages as well, no reason we couldn't have tried for him a while ago either

and we should've tried to sign Huntelaar back when he played against us for heerenveen in the uefa cup, was clearly going to be quality even back then

was thinking of afellay myself

Let me help you by setting up an All-Star Eredivisie team.

__________________Sergio Romero___________________

__De Roover___Wielaert______Hector Moreno__Pocognoli__

____________________De Zeeuw_______________________

______Wijnaldum______Schaars___________Pranjic________

_______________Huntelaar_________Suarez______________

Bench :

Velthuizen (GK)

Stam (RB)

Granqvist (CB)

De Cler (LB)

Vertonghen (DM)

Affelay (AM)

Dembele (ST)

El Hamdaoui (ST)

Honorable Mentions :

De Guzman (AM) , Strootman (CM) , Martens (LM) , Vermaelen (CB) , Elia (LW) , Sulejmani (ST) and Ari (ST)

This might help you a bit as well. The final standings of Eredivisie Footballer of the Year 2007/2008

tjaar20072008eindstandjm7.jpg

Edited by SCF08

Klass Jan Huntelaar

;)

Too late

REAL MADRID have splashed out £17million on Dutch strike star Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

The Ajax favourite, 25, will move to the Bernabeu in January.

He has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal and his transfer fee could rise to a potential £23m.

A statement from Real Madrid read: “Huntelaar is the new Real Madrid player. Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam have reached an agreement for the forward.

“As usual, the deal is dependent on the player passing a medical and the signing of his contract with Real Madrid.

“Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be tied to Real Madrid until June 30, 2013.”

Huntelaar is currently sidelined by an ankle injury which is set to rule him out until early 2009.

But when fit he will be eligible for this season's Champions League after only playing in the UEFA Cup with Ajax.