Looking increasingly like he hasn't paid off the debt.

Park Life

By MARTIN HARDY, 29/11/2008

WOULD-BE buyers of Newcastle have been told Mike Ashley has NOT cleared all of the club’s debt.

A potential buy-out collapsed 10 days ago with Ashley unable to agree a fee with an American company.

It had been thought that the Sports Direct billionaire had wiped out the £100million debt he inherited from outgoing chairman Freddy Shepherd last year.

But Sport of the World has learned that he has, in fact, only serviced part of that figure.

As Stevie would say, I've been a "lone voice" on this issue. :rolleyes:

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he hadnt in his last statement.

He said many thing in his "last" statements, the problem is whatever is his "last" statement tends not always to marry up with his prior statements.

He said he hadnt in his last statement.

He said many thing in his "last" statements, the problem is whatever is his "last" statement tends not always to marry up with his prior statements.

I will only believe what JFK says. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he initially claimed he had cleared all the debts. In any case, Kinnear very recently claimed Ashley had cleared all the debts.

He did and then he changed his story and then changed it again....ad naseum...

So let me get this straight, he bought the club for around £135m and has only cleared the smallest part of the club's debt but he's still got the brass neck to sit tight on selling up with offers of £200m+ on the table over the past few months? What a Fat Cunt. Of course any prick will tell me none of those offers were confirmed and the Fat Cunt is the hard done by one... I say fuck off to you miserable cretins.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Thats a pretty big jump AP.

Why would you pay down player debt that is not subject to interest and is not due? It doesnt make sense.

Any chance to have a dig based on some tin pot rag.

If this was slating KK it would have been written off as lies already.

Keith Harris, Oct 13th 2008:

"In his time of owning it, Mike has cleaned up the balance sheets and Newcastle is one of the few clubs that has no debt whatsoever, so that makes it very attractive to an incoming owner."

but 44% of supporters would welcome him back at the ground

.....i doubt this

it's official the amount of hate i have for him and his cronies has taken over my hate for Souness

at least everyone knew he was a cunt and didn't pretend to be otherwise

There's always an upside. :rolleyes:

Why would you pay down player debt that is not subject to interest and is not due? It doesnt make sense.

So was he right when he said he'd paid off all the debt, meaning he lied about owing on players?

Or was he right when he said there was still owing on players, meaning he lied about paying off the all debt?

He can't be both. :rolleyes:

So was he right when he said he'd paid off all the debt, meaning he lied about owing on players?

Or was he right when he said there was still owing on players, meaning he lied about paying off the all debt?

Ashley Statement 14 Sept 2008:

But like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.

This really is a non story. Written by some Mackem journo looking to deflect attention away from Keane. You lot are too easy.

He can't be both. :finger:

But like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.

This really is a non story. Written by some Mackem journo looking to deflect attention away from Keane. You lot are too easy.

So he was lying when he said he paid off all the debts then. ;)

(assuming he isn't lying now, of course :rolleyes: )

Edited by Fop

Agreed, amazingly.