Band of Brothers: The Pacific

Jimbo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

My sister got me The Pacific on blu ray and it looks stunning.

Not quite Xmas viewing so going to watch it tonight as my Auntie doesn't want to watch bullets flying through heads in HD.

Starts off slow but ends up just as good as BOB, enjoy it. :lol:

Really? I gave up on it like. Might give it another go if that's the general vibe.

Aye, the end is top notch like. That character at the start is shite (main one, can't remember his name) but when Sledge comes into it, it gets a lot better.

Starts off slow but ends up just as good as BOB, enjoy it. :lol:

Really? I gave up on it like. Might give it another go if that's the general vibe.

I thought it was weak as piss all the way through tbh. I had the final episode on my sky plus for about 3 month before I watched it. It wasn't even close to being a patch on BoB, never mind as good as.

BoB seemed.. more heroic, where as the Pacific seemed more about the horrors of war. Wasn't as enjoyable, but was still powerful. Couple of very good episodes, particularly the ones featuring the American War Hero whose name escapes me.