Racism at Boro game

Douggy B

regarding this thread, danny b is a prick.

Kind regards

He was bound to bring it up. He'll still not like it the next time Spuds fans sing about hanging the black/gay/welsh man though. ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are songs about Arabs having bombs not racist, cheap, and juvenile? Songs about black people looking like monkeys are racist, so why is there a debate whether Arabs having bombs is racist? Both are tastless jokes and there should be no double standards. Stop acting like your fans have done nothing wrong, this perpetual victim act you newcastle fans have going on makes me sick. Get over yourselves and don't complain when your fans act like racists and then get punished for it. There are things that simply shouldn't be defended - this is one of them.

How are songs about Arabs having bombs not racist, cheap, and juvenile? Songs about black people looking like monkeys are racist, so why is there a debate whether Arabs having bombs is racist? Both are tastless jokes and there should be no double standards. Stop acting like your fans have done nothing wrong, this perpetual victim act you newcastle fans have going on makes me sick. Get over yourselves and don't complain when your fans act like racists and then get punished for it. There are things that simply shouldn't be defended - this is one of them.

The resemblance to Richard Reid was first "commented" on by Private Eye magazine and then taken up by West Ham - Private Eye then encouraging football fans to "point this out" which was taken up by Boro among others.

Like all religious apologists Mido has ignored the "facts" and got his victim hat out - fuck him.

You're barking up the wrong tree. It would be racist to suggest because he's arabic he's got a bomb. It's not racist to suggest he looks like Richard Reed.

You're barking up the wrong tree. It would be racist to suggest because he's arabic he's got a bomb. It's not racist to suggest he looks like Richard Reed.

Right, very innocent explanation. So only newcastle fans picked up on that resemblance then? You don't see the rest of England singing songs about how he looks like Reed. It's much more likely that your fans are racist and he was being targeted as an Arab and as a Muslim, which is despicable.

Right, very innocent explanation. So only newcastle fans picked up on that resemblance then? You don't see the rest of England singing songs about how he looks like Reed. It's much more likely that your fans are racist and he was being targeted as an Arab and as a Muslim, which is despicable.

Is there any history of us abusing other Muslim players (including our own)? Or are you just jumping to conclusions that suit your agenda again?

Nope see my post - started by Private Eye, first sung by West Ham.

Are you Spanish?

Are you Spanish?

nope, but i am a muslim and am offended that your fans sang songs about a muslim having a bomb. yes i am aware that the spanish are a very racist group of people if that is what you were trying to get at by asking that question. however, it is good that the authorities took action against the people responsible, and i hope this doesn't happen again at SJP or at any other grounds in england. racism in all its forms needs to be tackled agressively throughout europe.

Are you Spanish?

nope, but i am a muslim and am offended that your fans sang songs about a muslim having a bomb. yes i am aware that the spanish are a very racist group of people if that is what you were trying to get at by asking that question. however, it is good that the authorities took action against the people responsible, and i hope this doesn't happen again at SJP or at any other grounds in england. racism in all its forms needs to be tackled agressively throughout europe.

Religion isn't a race.

Are you Spanish?

Religion isn't a race.

Is Arab a race? Song about black man looking like a monkey = racist. Song about arab with a bomb = racist.

Edited by blaugrana909

Middlesbrough striker Mido has launched a stinging attack on the FA and Newcastle United for their handling of racist chanting during the Tees-Tyne derby.

A section of Newcastle fans launched into an abusive song aimed at the Egypt international as he prepared to come on as a substitute in Saturday's goalless draw at the Riverside Stadium.

The song - 'Mido, he's got a bomb you know' - was only brief and not repeated once Mido had replaced Jeremie Aliadiere but it was the same abuse as in last season's derby on Teesside which prompted an FA investigation.

However, Mido has claimed the FA's inaction a year ago has allowed the problem to persist and said he expects them to be no help in the future.

The ex-Tottenham forward told Egyptian TV: 'They kept chanting disgusting words, racist words about Islam and unfortunately this is the second time the same fans have done this. It has happened again as the English FA did nothing the first time. I considered this as an invitation from the FA for the Newcastle supporters to repeat such shameful acts.

'I can assure you that nothing is going to happen again. The FA said they will be investigating the issue and make use of the latest technology to stop such racial abuse of players. But I feel that nothing will happen. I am asking the FA to take serious action to stop such a thing. These chants are not directed at me as a person but they are directed at Islam as a religion.'

For the last time; YOU LOOK LIKE RICHARD REED MAN YOU TWAT. For fucks sake, somebody tell him man.

Aye, other things Newcastle fans have been the only ones to pick up on have been Keano wanking his dog, the mackems going down with the hoaxer and Boro fans having a penchant for diddling their young 'uns. It's called terrace humour.

We're just better at it than most, best Boro could manage was the undoobatably more racist "Fat Aussie Bastard". Can you imagine if we'd chanted "Skinny Egyptian cunt"?

Are you Spanish?

Religion isn't a race.

Is Arab a race? Song about black man looking like a monkey = racist. Song about arab with a bomb = racist.

Song about someone looking like someone else = not racist.

Are you Spanish?

Religion isn't a race.

Mido is Egyptian - not all of them are Arabs or Muslims either for that matter - he whines in his statement about Islam because that's what religious people do - ignore all else and play the privilege card.

Are you Spanish?

I don't think the song was a particularly clever thing to sing. And I do wonder whether everyone was singing it because they thought he looked like the Shoe Bomber. However, the fact that we play matches week in week out where there are any number of races and religions on the pitch, and I hear no racist or religious chanting, means I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. You probably should too, if you really think about it and get down off your high horse.

Are you Spanish?

I don't think the song was a particularly clever thing to sing. And I do wonder whether everyone was singing it because they thought he looked like the Shoe Bomber. However, the fact that we play matches week in week out where there are any number of races and religions on the pitch, and I hear no racist or religious chanting, means I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. You probably should too, if you really think about it and get down off your high horse.

Fair enough. Just making the point that any time there is racism towards a black man anywhere in europe, there are tons of articles about it everywhere. I just feel all forms of racism should be condemned equally. But you're right this was a one time thing by only a few fans, and action was taken against them, so I'm willing to let it go at that.

Fair enough. Just making the point that any time there is racism towards a black man anywhere in europe, there are tons of articles about it everywhere. I just feel all forms of racism should be condemned equally. But you're right this was a one time thing by only a few fans, and action was taken against them, so I'm willing to let it go at that.

So you still don't acknowledge the Reid thing which makes it personal rather than racist/islamist?

We do still have a lot of racist fans being truthful but things have changed massively over the years and I think the majority find any racism unacceptable. I think the few who did abuse Mido probably did include those who thought it was just a chance to "get away with" their nastier views which they've had to supress but I think the rest were genuinely partaking of terrace humour which can be unpleasant at times within certain boundaries. I don't really care about that because I feel that unpleasantness is a side effect of the passion I feel is being lost from the game.

Are you Spanish?

What action? I was at boro and nobody i kno has had action taken against them? beye is muslim and nobody chants about him. silly people, with silly comments should stay quiet unless they actually have something other than unreliable newspaper sources to go on.

Kind regards

So you still don't acknowledge the Reid thing which makes it personal rather than racist/islamist?

We do still have a lot of racist fans being truthful but things have changed massively over the years and I think the majority find any racism unacceptable. I think the few who did abuse Mido probably did include those who thought it was just a chance to "get away with" their nastier views which they've had to supress but I think the rest were genuinely partaking of terrace humour which can be unpleasant at times within certain boundaries. I don't really care about that because I feel that unpleasantness is a side effect of the passion I feel is being lost from the game.

I mean you do have a valid point. On the other hand, let's say you had two Arabs. Even though Turks are not generally considered Arabs, let's use Tuncay since he's been mentioned by one of the previous posters. Now let's assume that the fans were in fact racist. Which "Arab" would they be more likely to target? Obviously the one that looks more like what the media would have us believe possesses the stereotypical attributes of an Arab terrorist. In this case, that would be Mido. Tuncay could easily pass as European if we go purely on appearance, whereas Mido would not. Therefore, while it might be the case that it's an unfortunately coincidence that Mido looks like Richard Reed, I think it has more to do with Mido looking like a stereotypical arab, and that then being associated with terrorism.

I mean you do have a valid point. On the other hand, let's say you had two Arabs. Even though Turks are not generally considered Arabs, let's use Tuncay since he's been mentioned by one of the previous posters. Now let's assume that the fans were in fact racist. Which "Arab" would they be more likely to target? Obviously the one that looks more like what the media would have us believe possesses the stereotypical attributes of an Arab terrorist. In this case, that would be Mido. Tuncay could easily pass as European if we go purely on appearance, whereas Mido would not. Therefore, while it might be the case that it's an unfortunately coincidence that Mido looks like Richard Reed, I think it has more to do with Mido looking like a stereotypical arab, and that then being associated with terrorism.

Then you think wrong.

As has been said, Newcastle fans are not singling out an arab looking Egyptian, they're singling out a Richard Reed looking man.

It wouldn't matter if he was Jewish, Christian, Pagan or French, he looks like Richard Reed, hence the song. If he looked like Gordon Ramsay I'm sure we'd have accused of knocking up a mean Sausage Casserole... but he doesn't so we didn't

Strikes me there's more islamophobophobia than anything else.

Then you think wrong.

As has been said, Newcastle fans are not singling out an arab looking Egyptian, they're singling out a Richard Reed looking man.

It wouldn't matter if he was Jewish, Christian, Pagan or French, he looks like Richard Reed, hence the song. If he looked like Gordon Ramsay I'm sure we'd have accused of knocking up a mean Sausage Casserole... but he doesn't so we didn't

I see your point.

Then you think wrong.

I see your point.

Why, have my trousers fallen down? No, they're up, I can see they're up, oh I see your point [/bottom]