Racism at Boro game

Douggy B

I agree it was a pretty dumb thing to sing given the palaver over the same song last year.Especiallly since football fans en masse are reknowned for their well thought out and reasoned actions :drinks:

I would have thought, though , that the " Get your tits out for your Dad" song, sung far more often at Boro, would knock the "bomb" chant into a cocked hat as far as offensiveness goes*.

Never once heard any one complain about it...........

I wonder why? :birthday:

* still makes me chuckle tho

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two supporters have been charged by police with racist chanting after Mido, the Middlesbrough and Egypt forward, was abused by Newcastle United fans during the goalless draw at the Riverside Stadium last Saturday. Middlesbrough police said last night that the two fans, who live in the Silver Lonnen area of Newcastle and are 49 and 23, had been arrested and would appear at Teesside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

Mido also has a reputation for being kind of a tosser so I'm afraid I really don't have much sympathy for him. He's widely reviled in Egypt for his immature behavior in front of his own fans at the African Nations Cup in 2006 and didn't even make the squad for Ghana 2008 due to a lack of fitness and a bust-up with the Egyptian FA. Obviously Egypt didn't need him all that badly in either tournament (Zaki replaced him as a sub and scored the winner with his first touch in 2006 if you don't remember.)

The abuse was just a section of morons, all clubs have them, they should be punished and case closed.

A song invented by other teams, sang by other teams and never passed comment on previous to us last season. And people wonder why we think we're being victimised?

I wonder how we all know it was invented by West Ham, if it was never passed comment on....of course it was!

And we wonder why people think we play the victim.

Personally, I thought the song was sang without any real thought so whether it was racist or not. Its a shit song and I cringe hearing it. But, its not racist. It doesnt even mention race? If its a muslim/bomb thing, that still nothing to do with race. Still doesnt mean its acceptable mind. Ive not read this whole thread so this may have already been said.

Two supporters have been charged by police with racist chanting after Mido, the Middlesbrough and Egypt forward, was abused by Newcastle United fans during the goalless draw at the Riverside Stadium last Saturday. Middlesbrough police said last night that the two fans, who live in the Silver Lonnen area of Newcastle and are 49 and 23, had been arrested and would appear at Teesside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

Feel sorry for them like. Because the race issue (plus the even more explosive :birthday: Islamophobia one) has come into this they'll probably get treated harshly. Already said what I think about this issue other than that.

The club has said that anyone found guilty will be banned from SJP which is a good move on their part.

Racially motivated or not you've got to be a fucking idiot for singing it again after all of the fuss that was made last time, they deserved to be banned for stupidity.

Are NUSC going to pass comment on our fans being labeled as racists? Even if only to distance themselves from them.

The club has said that anyone found guilty will be banned from SJP which is a good move on their part.

Racially motivated or not you've got to be a fucking idiot for singing it again after all of the fuss that was made last time, they deserved to be banned for stupidity.

Are NUSC going to pass comment on our fans being labeled as racists? Even if only to distance themselves from them.

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually. Even if you are just trying to get a rise.

I think it's time to stick two fingers up to the authorities. What's worse singing a jokey song about the likeness of Mido to Richard Reid, or someone mortal drunk pissed running down the track to get at JFK, yet that kid got let off*?

I know him personally he's a rogue from the West End who went to my school.

The way I see it making a fuss over this sort of nonsense just highlights it, causes resentment and aggravates the situation. It was pretty stupid of people to sing the song but can anyone deny that Mido looks like Richard Reid? Or that Islam is strongly linked to a more extreme culture of people using suicide bombers? No. To be honest it's all just a load of old wank imo.

If I was looking for a rise I would have came out with something better than that.

Isn't that what NUSC is there for though? To represent the fans?

The press are happy to label us a racists yet this lot don't say a word, Tony Jimenez leaves the board and they release a statement about it. :birthday:

If I was looking for a rise I would have came out with something better than that.

The press are happy to label us a racists yet this lot don't say a word, Tony Jimenez leaves the board and they release a statement about it. :birthday:

You don't normally.

You don't normally.

Yet you still can't resist having a nibble.

You don't normally.

Yet you still can't resist having a nibble.

I thought you weren't trying to get a rise though.

How are songs about Arabs having bombs not racist, cheap, and juvenile? Songs about black people looking like monkeys are racist, so why is there a debate whether Arabs having bombs is racist? Both are tastless jokes and there should be no double standards. Stop acting like your fans have done nothing wrong, this perpetual victim act you newcastle fans have going on makes me sick. Get over yourselves and don't complain when your fans act like racists and then get punished for it. There are things that simply shouldn't be defended - this is one of them.

You're barking up the wrong tree. It would be racist to suggest because he's arabic he's got a bomb. It's not racist to suggest he looks like Richard Reed.

Right, very innocent explanation. So only newcastle fans picked up on that resemblance then? You don't see the rest of England singing songs about how he looks like Reed. It's much more likely that your fans are racist and he was being targeted as an Arab and as a Muslim, which is despicable.

No, but apparently Newcastle fans are the only ones to get called "racist" and "islamophobic" about it. :icon_lol:

Private Eye managed to avoid being fire bombed too somehow. :birthday::drinks:

The irony of a greasy Spaniard, accusing Newcastle fans of being racist after what happened in the Bernabeu should not be lost on anyone.

Richard Reid is English, born near London and has and English Mam and a Jamaican father. As this is about his physical likeness it cant have anything to with Arabs and the connection to Islam are merely a consequence of Richard Reid's association with the religion. Its a fucking joke that this question / debate is driven by a physical likeness to a man whose ethnicity is negro/caucasian.

Richard Reid is English, born near London and has and English Mam and a Jamaican father. As this is about his physical likeness it cant have anything to with Arabs and the connection to Islam are merely a consequence of Richard Reid's association with the religion. Its a fucking joke that this question / debate is driven by a physical likeness to a man whose ethnicity is negro/caucasian.

Given his "conversion" to Islam was more about a clever person taking advantage of someone rather vulnerable of rather low IQ and probably more than slightly mentally ill, it's even more tenuous.

For it to be Islamophobic in any way, first Islam would have to officially condone evil fuckers taking advantage of vulnerable, low IQ, mentally ill people and convincing them to try to blow themselves and others up.

Still people shouldn't be daft enough to sing it, but it's being blown out of all proportion as it's NUFC "doing it".

It's a bit like Dyer and the US strong man all over again. Same bloke crying 'r@cism' as well :birthday: