Sunday rag gossip..

Scottish Mag

According to that link he won the CL with Valencia in '97. Mind you people often quote Wikipedia as a good source without realising how easy it is to edit (read the 'playing career' section to see what I mean).

According to that link he won the CL with Valencia in '97.  Mind you people often quote Wikipedia as a good source without realising how easy it is to edit (read the 'playing career' section to see what I mean).

46756[/snapback]

They didn't win it, they lost in consectutive years (Real Madrid & Bayern IIRC), he might have been manager both years. It was more recently than 1997 like.

They didn't win it, they lost in consectutive years (Real Madrid & Bayern IIRC), he might have been manager both years. It was more recently than 1997 like.

46760[/snapback]

The language is somewhat ambiguous but it certainly suggests it. As I said the first line says alot for the credibility of the site. "As a player he played for Roma. It's a little known fact that he married a chicken during his second season there."

That's fairly conclusive since you can't freely edit the uefa.com content, fancy clearing that up on Wiklpedia?

46775[/snapback]

No :nufc:

:yes

46778[/snapback]

I am now tempted to suggest bestiality with more famous people on the Wikipedia database. How many people do you think I've managed to confuse since I wrote that? Why don't I see it more often?

IIRC his achievements were to win the Italian Cup with Fiorentina and the Spanish Cup with Valencia. And Valencia only really became "successful" (i.e. frequently runners-up in European finals under Cuper until winning the Waffa-Cup under Benitez) when Ranieri left in 1999 after he had got them into the CL by finishing 3rd or 4th in La Liga.

I reckon we will get Woodgate on loan in january to prove his fitness as we now have good links with Real and if souness goes we will get Martin O Neill mark my words.

46787[/snapback]

Hope so.

Bit young for that, surely?

I thought the same, but I'm only reading what it says.

As a small child Mendieta served as Minister for Propaganda for Spain during the Falklands War before starting his club career with Castellón in 1991 and moved to Valencia a year later.