NUSC Online payments now available

peasepud

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to sign up, but won't if they're now believing some of the bullshit that Kinnear comes out with!! Why would we want Ashley back- the bloke is a LIAR

Why would we ever trust Ashley again. This is all posturing by the charlatan and his puppet (kinnear) to try and weedle his way back. His statement was mostly lies - family threatened ???, 20M£ to spend - where? Keegan knew his role - contradicts everything previously stated. He was always using the club for a quick profit and this would have come to fruition were it not for the credit crunch. He has wrecked this season with his ridiculous idea of how to run a football club. GET OUT and DONT COME BACK!!!!!!!!

I think their approach is just a pragmatic one in terms of what is best for the club. I agree with most of what you say btw. The trouble is, he can't really be forced to sell imo. Not without doing much more damage to NUFC anyway.

Agreed alex, no matter what you think of the man personally or as a chairman, whats right for the club in the current circumstances (economic) may not be a continuation of an adversarial relationship between the man with the purse strings and those who desperately want to see the club's current situation improve i.e. fucking everyone else.

He wasn't spending money or listening to the fans when everything appeared to be rosey so I don't expect that to change just because NUSC have shown to have no backbone.

Was going to sign up, but won't if they're now believing some of the bullshit that Kinnear comes out with!! Why would we want Ashley back- the bloke is a LIAR

Why would we ever trust Ashley again. This is all posturing by the charlatan and his puppet (kinnear) to try and weedle his way back. His statement was mostly lies - family threatened ???, 20M£ to spend - where? Keegan knew his role - contradicts everything previously stated. He was always using the club for a quick profit and this would have come to fruition were it not for the credit crunch. He has wrecked this season with his ridiculous idea of how to run a football club. GET OUT and DONT COME BACK!!!!!!!!

I think their approach is just a pragmatic one in terms of what is best for the club. I agree with most of what you say btw. The trouble is, he can't really be forced to sell imo. Not without doing much more damage to NUFC anyway.

Agreed alex, no matter what you think of the man personally or as a chairman, whats right for the club in the current circumstances (economic) may not be a continuation of an adversarial relationship between the man with the purse strings and those who desperately want to see the club's current situation improve i.e. fucking everyone else.

He wasn't spending money or listening to the fans when everything appeared to be rosey so I don't expect that to change just because NUSC have shown to have no backbone.

Bassong, Jonas, Colin Cini, Guthrie have all met with my expectations as transfers.

I also think admitting you got some things a bit wrong and endeavouring to find a better way forward is an example of backbone.

Bassong, Jonas, Colin Cini, Guthrie have all met with my expectations as transfers.

I also think admitting you got some things a bit wrong and endeavouring to find a better way forward is an example of backbone.

I'm not talking about individual transfers, I'm talking about the lack of spending and failure to strengthen a threadbare squad despite the request of the manager.

And there is nothing wrong with admitting you've gotten a few things wrong but suddenly welcoming Ashley back without putting up any sort of a fight shows a lack of backbone to me.

For those complaining of the long url - all the good ones were taken. nusc.com, co.uk, org.uk etc were all gone in fairness. I'm sure if anyone can suggest a better one then we can look into it; but for now, just bookmark it and STFU ;)

As for getting away with paying a fiver instead of a tenner, yeah it's possible. Thing is though, people involved in this have full time jobs so it's not like 'pud et al can spend the time verifying NUS numbers or anything - not unless some of the membership monies were used to pay for this and I'm sure that's not the agenda. People have offered their time and involvement in this for nowt so the reliance is on people being honest.

If you want to join, pay what you should as if you don't, you're only ripping off a club which is trying to act as your voice as a member.

I should point out that I'm not involved in the the running or organisation of the NUSC and so they may not agree with what I've written. I just helped out with getting the online payments sorted.

As for how it has run so far; having been involved in clubs and organisations run by volunteers in the past I can say from experience that it is a learning curve. Getting people together from all over (with their own busy schedules etc getting in the way) and managing them as a group is difficult. Mistakes can be made and it is not easy to get it right at first - particularly when you are setting something up from scratch. Look at it this way, if it is funded then it has more chance of getting properly off the ground and doing what it's intended to do.

Edited by maggiespaws

I'm not talking about individual transfers, I'm talking about the lack of spending and failure to strengthen a threadbare squad despite the request of the manager.

And there is nothing wrong with admitting you've gotten a few things wrong but suddenly welcoming Ashley back without putting up any sort of a fight shows a lack of backbone to me.

I really dont get your position here ewerk, you may have clarified before. If you think that Ashley will have a hard task selling then surely this is the right thing to do? If you dont think its hard for Ashley to sell.... well i know that you do realise that. Bit confused here.

The supporters put up such a fight that Ashley decided to leave.

The supportes continued to put pressure on him to sell the club. (Both those show backbone)

The economy and financial environment soured very quickly and our assumptions about the world changed.

The NUSC was then criticised by many for not taking account of the wider picture and the feasibility of selling the club.

They now have accepted the need to work together (showing backbone, circumspection and pragmatism).

Where's the issue in all that?

Exactly, we all want what's best for NUFC regardless, if we're stuck with him for the near future then we want to try and get him to do the right things.

nusconline

nusc-online

newcastleunitedsupportersclub

mynusc

Any good?

Actually, in fairness I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Once my brain caught up I realised that it's not just a case of making a couple of amendments and use a new domain name. All the stuff done around the NUSC to date (links in online articles, newspapers etc) will all use the current domain name.

I think I'll take my own advice and STFU ;)

I'm torn here. For me, the primary purpose must be to get Ashley out of our club (use a forklift if necessary.)

He's a lying cheat whose only interest in NUFC was to fleece us for as much money as possible and for me his position is untenable. What Chez said might well be true - Ashley does hold the purse strings - but I just don't see him opening them up even if we ask him extra nicely and crochet up a nice cover for his doublewide seat at SJP. I don't think he'll put another penny into the club whether he comes back to SJP or not and even if we avoid relegation this season, he has filled the staff with his mindless drones and yes-men and he must be extricated before he can do irreversible damage to the club.

NUSC could get my money, but they must take an aggressive (but professional) stance against Ashley. If this latest about "we would have him back" is true, I can't pledge anything to it.

I really dont get your position here ewerk, you may have clarified before. If you think that Ashley will have a hard task selling then surely this is the right thing to do? If you dont think its hard for Ashley to sell.... well i know that you do realise that. Bit confused here.

The supporters put up such a fight that Ashley decided to leave.

The supportes continued to put pressure on him to sell the club. (Both those show backbone)

The economy and financial environment soured very quickly and our assumptions about the world changed.

The NUSC was then criticised by many for not taking account of the wider picture and the feasibility of selling the club.

They now have accepted the need to work together (showing backbone, circumspection and pragmatism).

Where's the issue in all that?

I'd just like to know what NUSC hope to achieve by attempting to work with the club.

I believe that at a realistic price Ashley could have sold the club, there did appear to be two genuinely interested parties.

To be totally honest with you I don't think NUSC will have any effect by trying to work with Ashley, similarly I don't think they'll have a huge effect by protesting either. Either way I think that NUSC should be representative of their members and I don't see how they've done this so far. Pud, could you shed a bit of light on how the committee reached this decision to reverse their position?

From a personal (and possibly irrational) point of view I'd like to see protests or some sort of action to reflect my frustation at Mike Ashley and how he has lied to us and fucked us over. By saying that we've forgiven him it is basically an admission that he can do whatever the fuck he wants and there's nothing we can do about it. While that may very well be the case, it's the decision to give up the fight that disappoints me, I genuinely don't think that offering an olive branch will benefit us, as fans, in any way.

I disagree that being concilliatory is an admission of defeat. To use a poor analogy, i'd say we've been in a fight and this is us letting him up off the floor and saying lets talk instead of us punching you in the gob repeatedly.

The message i'd like him to receive is this;

"If you genuinely cant sell your asset, then you need to protect it until such times that you can. That requires good stewardship of the asset base, strong leadership of the club, matching the ambitions and continuous improvement of our key competitors and maximising our key strength; the support. This can be acheived with realistic but significant short-term investment and a dialogue between the club's support base and leadership".

I disagree that being concilliatory is an admission of defeat. To use a poor analogy, i'd say we've been in a fight and this is us letting him up off the floor and saying lets talk instead of us punching you in the gob repeatedly.

"If you genuinely cant sell your asset, then you need to protect it until such times that you can. That requires good stewardship of the asset base, strong leadership of the club, matching the ambitions and continuous improvement of our key competitors and maximising our key strength; the support. This can be acheived with realistic but significant short-term investment and a dialogue between the club's support base and leadership".

Spot on mate, spot on.

I agree with the sentiment, I just believe that Ashley will either tell them to fuck off or just pay lip service to their requests.

Not sure he has the cash or the inclination for this right now. In an ideal world of course......

We both share some objectives, the healthier the club the more valuable the asset. Its this common ground that we need to exploit. However, if the price is the same to the buyer whether we are 17th or 7th, this might be difficult to argue.

What intrigues me about all this is that one of the reasons cited as influencing the attractiveness of the club beyond the financial climate was the turmoil between the club's ownership and fans. If he wants to sell, surely he will want relationships to appear to be improving?

We both share some objectives, the healthier the club the more valuable the asset. Its this common ground that we need to exploit. However, if the price is the same to the buyer whether we are 17th or 7th, this might be difficult to argue.

What intrigues me about all this is that one of the reasons cited as influencing the attractiveness of the club beyond the financial climate was the turmoil between the club's ownership and fans. If he wants to sell, surely he will want relationships to appear to be improving?

It's common sense as I see it that the communication footprint needs to move to a fair and open discursive level, with regards to your last point. Personally (and I say this with great difficulty) we need to set aside (for now) our rancor towards Ashley. At this moment in time the club as an entity we all care about must come first. The olive branch is the correct move at this time. All other momentum (finance markets, SD etc) being against us. Anyway against all common perceptions the Parky radar (as usual) goes against common appearances...ie I think we will have a good second half.

It's common sense as I see it that the communication footprint needs to move to a fair and open discursive level, with regards to your last point. Personally (and I say this with great difficulty) we need to set aside (for now) our rancor towards Ashley. At this moment in time the club as an entity we all care about must come first. The olive branch is the correct move at this time. All other momentum (finance markets, SD etc) being against us. Anyway against all common perceptions the Parky radar (as usual) goes against common appearances...ie I think we will have a good second half.

I can see your point regarding discussion, but Ashley has never discussed anything with the fans nor had the decency to let them know what the hell's going on. He never put any money in to the club as investment apart from what he'd spent buying the club. There was plenty of reports stating that he was putting no more moneyy into the club at the weekend and this is what he also said with his tissue of lies (statement after KK). I'm quite sure he still want's to sell the club, but only after making a profit, whereas what he has done to the club should earn him absolutely no profit whatsoever.The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom - JFK (although he is likeable) should not be managing NUFC- This is Ashley's fault, he's had TV money, season ticket money, money from Milner without any sign of this supposed £20M he was prepared to put in to the club. As far as I can see, he's milked the club so far and the change in stance of the NUSC is appalling. All season ticket holders should cancel their DD's for future tickets, and then let's see if he'll take us all to court??? He has missold and misled all of the supporters of Newcastle, and the fact that any supporter would consider taking this shyster back is a disgrace. He has had offers for the club which were not sufficient money for him - hwy doesn't he come out and say how much he would accept??? If the offers were for £250M and the greedy fat prick want's closer to £350M, would you still want him back??? He's fucked up the club and deserves to be tarred and feathered and run out of town with his money back and no more. THE NUSC does not represent my views in any way whatsoever with this lets' talk attitude and it stinks of bending over and letting Fatboy and his cronies do what they want.

Didn't Jabba the Hut have one of them?

I can see your point regarding discussion, but Ashley has never discussed anything with the fans nor had the decency to let them know what the hell's going on. He never put any money in to the club as investment apart from what he'd spent buying the club. There was plenty of reports stating that he was putting no more moneyy into the club at the weekend and this is what he also said with his tissue of lies (statement after KK). I'm quite sure he still want's to sell the club, but only after making a profit, whereas what he has done to the club should earn him absolutely no profit whatsoever.The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom - JFK (although he is likeable) should not be managing NUFC- This is Ashley's fault, he's had TV money, season ticket money, money from Milner without any sign of this supposed £20M he was prepared to put in to the club. As far as I can see, he's milked the club so far and the change in stance of the NUSC is appalling. All season ticket holders should cancel their DD's for future tickets, and then let's see if he'll take us all to court??? He has missold and misled all of the supporters of Newcastle, and the fact that any supporter would consider taking this shyster back is a disgrace. He has had offers for the club which were not sufficient money for him - hwy doesn't he come out and say how much he would accept??? If the offers were for £250M and the greedy fat prick want's closer to £350M, would you still want him back??? He's fucked up the club and deserves to be tarred and feathered and run out of town with his money back and no more. THE NUSC does not represent my views in any way whatsoever with this lets' talk attitude and it stinks of bending over and letting Fatboy and his cronies do what they want.

Mike Ashley is a disgrace and a chancer I don't disagree. I essentially don't trust him either, but due to the fact he's going to be around for the foreseeable future I see no choice but to offer dialogue. A little good is better than no good at all. I really am the last person who wants to give him a chance, but there is big problems coming in football and all our lives....Best try and pull together imo.

Mike Ashley is a disgrace and a chancer I don't disagree. I essentially don't trust him either, but due to the fact he's going to be around for the foreseeable future I see no choice but to offer dialogue. A little good is better than no good at all. I really am the last person who wants to give him a chance, but there is big problems coming in football and all our lives....Best try and pull together imo.

Dialogue was offered to him a few weeks ago by NUSC and as far as I'm aware he didn't reply to that offer. Talk is getting us nowhere, it's time to go nuclear.

Dialogue was offered to him a few weeks ago by NUSC and as far as I'm aware he didn't reply to that offer. Talk is getting us nowhere, it's time to go nuclear.

I agree - he doesn't want to talk with any of the supporters - he only wishes to use us to make money. Why dont the NUSC recommend that everybody cancels their DD for future season tickets!!!!! Let him see that he isn't going to get any more money from the supporters.

Edited by Johnc