NUSC Online payments now available

peasepud

wait hang on

small man

thinks he's hard

links to newcastle

Are you dennis wise?

Small man??? - hope to see you at Newcastle some time big lad lol!!!

6ft 2 actually - Yes hard man in Ireland - now I understand the aggression ooooh. As I stated we've all moved on, but I'm sure you'd like the last word. Make it clever and funny - not I'm 6 ft 1" with a shaven head hahahahahah - what a total tool

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I wish was under 21 , but when you've been going for over 40 years it's unlikely ;)

Now since you seem to think that you are the Oracle on most stuff, let's look at the whole situation. Ashley will not invest in the club - already stated this - has also ruined yet another season - employed a manager who has won 2 games in 9. Would this sort of ratio get him the sack under normal circumstances - probably for a club with our potential. We now have a sub standard squad, substandard manager and and an owner who won't spend any money. He has also put the future of the club at risk due to his short termism, by letting contracts run down, keeping the players in the dark over his intentions etc.

Why would a club valued at £300M by your reckoning attract lower tier investors if it was for sale at £200M. Surely this would attract clever investors. This logic doesn't really work out when you say that the eventual buyer could be anyone. Are yoy now telling me that Ashley has been good for the club in some way??????? You're stretching credulity a long way. What is RISKY for the club is a clown who won't invest any more money, has appointed a Micky Mouse Manager who is merely a puppet who makes increasingly bizarre statements which he then contradicts later.

Emotion is always prevalent within football fans - to deride this makes you as usual a patronising prick. Nobody is asking for a supporter to run the club- just someone who has the club's interests at heart - Ashley does not he has own interests at heart. How do you know who the bidder(s) were who failed to match Ashley's price. What is the price - maybe they bid £300M and he wants £350M. How can you say that a new owner will come in and unsettle the side, when the present owner will not put another penny in. Are we going to improve the side with free transfers and loan players, and is JFK the right man based on results alone. If he keeps up this rate of return , we'll get around 40 points - will that be good enough????

As for the last bit of guff - people like me blah blah I would say that's the majority of Newcastle fans not the ones who write on blogs/forums or even join NUSC - I could alternatively quite easily say that it's people like you who purport to be the Voice of the Fans who cause more harm by spouting off that a fat bastard like Ashley should be allowed back into St James when he has single handedly put us in this situation in the first place. I would think that you'll find there's a majority who do not want him back under any circumstances. As for people like me threatening the future of the club, go and yank yourself, because I'll still be there along with the vast unspoken majority who do not care to be spken for by apologists or attention seekers. I've no doubt if you were around before WW2, we'd all be speaking German.

Auf Wiedersehn you tool!

You know what, i've met enough people over the age of 50 who should have been neutered at birth to know that age means fuck all. You write like you have the mental age of a 14 year old so forgive me for treating you like that. I also think Ashley has been fucking us over and i'm on record saying that every one of his actions during the first 3 months of his tenure were shit PR stunts. September 2007, on another forum, can link you if you want. Heavily critical until he appointed Keegan. Were you lapping it all up in 2007? Happy to get rid of the other "fat bastard"?

I said an opinion was ill-informed and i think i've done a lot to back up that statement without ever dropping to the quite frankly pathetic levels you've displayed in this thread. You've combined personal insults with shit arguments and failed to respond to any of the substantive points that were put to you. 40 years old apparently and acting like a teenager.

But i digress from the stupidity of this - "Why would a club valued at £300M by your reckoning attract lower tier investors if it was for sale at £200M. Surely this would attract clever investors". Thats awesome. I mean really fucking out there beyond the world of stupid.

If a mars bar is £1,000,000 how many people in the world will be prepared to buy it? If its £0.00001, how many people will be prepared to buy it? Has it sunk in yet? Clever investors would question why an asset is being sold at a discount, so you're basically wrong about that one. There is actually a model that predicts the price of assets based on the financials, so the price being asked for has to be in line with that otherwise no one will even engage with the investment opportunity. You've clearly got all this sussed though tbf.

As for me thinking you are being over emotional, if thats patronising, then i'm sorry. As i've said, i think we all need to calm down and reflect on what is best for the long term future of the club, not short-term objectives. This may be a little uncomfortable for a while but i think it will be worth it.

Are your views endangering the club? You think not, so explain to me how during this season a change in ownership is going to increase the chances of staying up? What will happen during the next 2 months that will help the club move forward? What is the chain of events you see that means we change the owner and stay in this league? How will the players react to a 4th manager in one season? Are we or are we not a club crying out for stability? You tell me what happens next, as with my understanding of managing teams, i reckon another wholesale change this season will destroy us unless its Father Christmas that takes over.

Can you promise that for me? If so, i'll happily join up to your positive action group.

Edited by ChezGiven

nusconline

nusc-online

newcastleunitedsupportersclub

mynusc

Any good?

Actually, in fairness I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Once my brain caught up I realised that it's not just a case of making a couple of amendments and use a new domain name. All the stuff done around the NUSC to date (links in online articles, newspapers etc) will all use the current domain name.

I think I'll take my own advice and STFU :icon_lol:

Actually, Maggiespaws, you can still register those particular domain names and have them set as "Park and Points" on your hosting companies Domain Name Servers. That way, you can phase out the current domain name for one that may be a bit easier and more "marketable".

Apologies if you already knew this but if not, it may help.

Yeah I did know that - it was what I was thinking when I first made the suggestion. Fact is though, I'm not involved in the running of the NUSC - I'm not on the committee or anything. I just helped out getting the Paypal stuff sorted for 'pud. That being said, once my brain caught up I realised it wasn't really my place to suggest 'we' could change the domain name when I'm not really part of the 'we' ;) In fact I almost sent a PM apology to 'pud for suggesting it in the first place but I figured my reply to asprilla sort of explained that.

Anyway, you are right in the phasing out, but given the very new status of the NUSC, it could be damaging to change the domain so soon / add another domain - especially as it might cause confusion as to who they are (or if there are two of them). That and the fact that I'm sure someone's £10 membership fee would be better spent on some other aspect of the club than a new domain name.

EDIT: Just caught up with the rest of the thread. It's been a little volatile on here hasn't it. Keep your lighters in your pockets boys - the slightest spark could set it off again :icon_lol:

Edited by maggiespaws

seriously it's a simple enough concept the quote button...

;) for the people trying to read your drivel in the morning

(off to bed now just so you know, if you wanna stay up and work on that Internet stalking, knock yourself out though)

Yawn yawn - another hard lad who insists on stating his height you're very boring, tried to be clever and failed, and fairly typical of somebody who is a coward. Everyone else has moved on, but from the back came the usual hold me back lad!!!! Absolutely pathetic loser

You're both gayers. :icon_lol:

I don't think anyone is entirely comfortable with the idea of Ashley sticking around but as some people have already said - it's not like he's going to go anytime soon because of the current climate. I have mixed feelings about all of this - some of which I've voiced in other threads. When Ashley first took over I liked the sound of his business model. We weren't going to go mental and splash £00's of millions but build from the ground up and inject stability - something we have craved for years. Whilst there was never going to be any £37m signings, I thought with Keegan at the helm and a billionaire owner there would be some strong signings and some exciting (if heart/nerves straining) times ahead.

Well it's certainly been the latter. The departure of Keegan has blown this whole thing open. It has highlighted Ashley's biggest failing in all of this - his recruitment policy and by that I include Keegan. Keegan's appointment was risky as if it worked - great for everyone. If it didn't the fallout would be massive given Keegan's status in the area - lose situation for MA. He's surrounded himself with the wrong people (Wise et al) and that has led to our current situation. He's made some big mistakes, mistakes which in business cost you and it it has cost him dear. But in business you sometimes make mistakes - especially when you are doing something for the first time. As a manager of a business / investor you need to employ the right people to avoid making those mistakes - that has been one of his problems.

Where do we go from here? We've reached a stand off. We support the club but not the management and the man at the top of the tree looks like he's here for a while.

In order for him to sell the club it needs to be an attractive proposition. We are sliding down the league and there is the very real possibility of relegation (the unerring optimist in me still says that won't happen). Some of our best players could leave in Jan - further weakening the side and our chances of survival. We need MA to invest in Jan and strengthen the side and that includes keeping some of those players who could be leaving (too late imo). We need him to do what he has said he will not - put more money into a club that wants him out. The bit that will stick in his crop is that I'm sure he realises he will have to do this too if he wants to ever sell us for a profit (no one ion their right mind ever wants to sell something at a loss).

I'm going to stick my neck out a little bit and admit something else (something I'm sure I will regret doing). Before anyone else says it - I'm not racist or Xenophobic (although I'm sure some will say it anyway). Part of the reason I liked the fact MA bought us was that he was English. Our club was still being run by an Englishman and not a foreigner and therefore, the income generated would still be in the UK economy and not making it's way over the Atlantic/Baltic Sea/whatever into the hands of a foreign investor. This is the bit I'm really going to regret - part of me (albeit a lot smaller now) still likes that idea.

All of that aside, the stand off isn't working. As fans we are all torn as we love the club not what's going on and who is running it. However, if what we are doing isn't working then we need to find something that does.

If the NUSC (or whoever) approaching MA and his cronies with an olive branch in an attempt to open dialogue and establish some common ground to move on from; gets on the the path to recovery then fine. It's going to take someone with a bit of balls to swallow some pride and suggest it otherwise where do we go from here?

I'm as disillusioned as the next man but the pragmatist in me knows things need to change and we need to at least go halfway. MA is not likely to walk the whole way on his own.

Call it an uneasy truce for now?

For the record:

I don't trust MA and I hate what he has done.

I want my club back, I want to feel good about it; I want us to be moving forward in a positive manner

oh and.....

I'm 5'5 1/2 (the half makes a difference you know!)

I'm 31

I'm an exile now living in Manchester

I have messy spikey mousey blond hair

I drink in the Trent when I go to the match

I'm not looking for a fight

;)

Edited by maggiespaws

Joe Kinnear is banking on Mike Ashley’s millions and a healthy run in the FA Cup to dissipate the gloom that has settled on St James’ Park in recent months. The Newcastle United manager, who met directors this week to discuss his January transfer plans, remains confident that his team can pull away from the foot of the Barclays Premier League, although his optimism comes with a caveat.

With Newcastle still up for sale and Kinnear’s first-team squad thin to the point of threadbare, these are challenging and dangerous moments for the club. That was illustrated when the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC), which was formed in the wake of Kevin Keegan’s departure in early September, demanded urgent answers last night from Ashley, the reluctant owner.

“I’m still very confident we will not be relegated at the end of the season, but we also know it’s going to be tough for us if we do not strengthen the squad and start getting players back from injury,” Kinnear said. “If we have everyone fit, our first-choice XI would finish in the top half of the table, no problem. On our day, if we have our full team out on the pitch, we are a match for anyone in this league.”

Kinnear is happy with the quality of players in his squad, but it is its size and its vulnerability to injuries and suspensions that have given him most cause for concern. “We have had no Nicky Butt and no Danny Guthrie and I have been forced to play people out of position in the middle,” he said. “Throw in the fact that Joey Barton is going to be out for six to eight weeks [with a knee injury] and you have almost a first-choice midfield all out.

“Hopefully we will be able to address the problem [the thinness of the squad] in January in the transfer market and we’ll get some better luck on the injury front because it’s been cruel to us recently. There will be money available — it’s just a question of how much.”

The league remains Kinnear’s priority because of the club’s position one place above the relegation zone, but he sees the FA Cup as a chance to lighten the mood on Tyneside. “The Cup can have a positive impact and it’s something we will take very seriously in the new year,” he said. “Everybody is pulling in the same direction. We are getting harder to beat and I will demand the very best from everybody.”

The NUSC believes that the transfer window will be critical in terms of taking “the necessary action to save Newcastle’s United’s season and save our Premiership status”, but it has had no response in its attempts to engage Ashley in dialogue.

“You have said that you will not put any more money into Newcastle United,” the group said in a public statement. “Is that still your position now? You have said that you wish to sell the club, but at the right price. What do you believe to be the ‘right price’ in the event that Newcastle United are relegated?

“Why do you refuse to speak to the fans of Newcastle United? Do we not deserve your attention? Are we, in your view, an irrelevance? Urgent action is needed to save our season, and protect our status as a Premiership football club.”

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5321357.ece

Well, I eventually got around to selling my soul :P

While I may not agree with every statement they make, like anything it takes time to get things right and I'm joining on the assumption that there is a long term picture by NUSC and are not just set up to tackle the current climate. Irrespective of where we are now, we have needed a supporters club / association for a long time.

Well, I eventually got around to selling my soul :P

While I may not agree with every statement they make, like anything it takes time to get things right and I'm joining on the assumption that there is a long term picture by NUSC and are not just set up to tackle the current climate. Irrespective of where we are now, we have needed a supporters club / association for a long time.

Pretty much my feelings on it, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Sir Bobby Robson day v Liverpool, according to NUSC:

18th December 2008

Its official! Sunday 28th December 2008 will be Sir Bobby Robson day, a day to honour this great Geordie figure and promote the work of his charity. A day to celebrate his life and love of Newcastle United. This is our chance to show Sir Bobby what we really think of him, sing your hearts out and get behind the team, bring a banner and scarf and lets get the stadium bouncing. What do you need to do? simply pass the message on to everyone you know and sign his message book here.

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/

Alex,

Now, Now Paranoia? To be fair, you seem to be one of the only rasonable voices on here.

JawD

I agree it would be nice to have a proper supporters club rather than some of the glory hunters who consistently end up on the telly. However blind loyalty is not always the best course of action and there is no guarantee that this try is any better than any that have gone before it. I would love to support it but can not get over the recent comments.

It seems we initially had a few weeks of we are going to fight for this and that and then all of a sudden the white flag is raised. I appreciate the emotiveness of this issue but simply can not back a committee that is taking this approach.

I think with a little more fight from NUSC, Ashley would by now have accepted one of the offers that have been made and would be gone.

Like all, I just wish Mort hadnt left and allowed the cancer in.

At the moment I honestly dont feel protesting in the manner we did would be of any benefit to the club. I dont think it would get the cliub sold any quicker, or persuade MA to spend any more or less. I'm getting behind JFK as he is the manager of the club and thus far, despite talking shite, hasn't done all that bad on the pitch where it matters (all considered). Yes, I know, its this kind of apathy or acceptance that has done us over time and time again. But, I'm looking at here and now and I think any time for action or debate is the end of the season, while we do need to hear from MA in the meantime on his intentions.

It seems we initially had a few weeks of we are going to fight for this and that and then all of a sudden the white flag is raised. I appreciate the emotiveness of this issue but simply can not back a committee that is taking this approach.

I think with a little more fight from NUSC, Ashley would by now have accepted one of the offers that have been made and would be gone.

So I assume you are a member, joining up at the start when we were protesting and trying to organise flash mobs and protest banners? I imagine theres email after email in the NUSC inbox from you offering your services. That you too were cautioned for the heinous crime of handing out leaflets outside the ground.

Or were you more willing to stand back and let others try and do that stuff, talking down their efforts at the time and then calling them for not managing it afterwards?

If you want a say in whats done then join up, if you dont do that then you cant realistically slate it when it fails in those efforts can you?

Just to reiterate the point again (and again and again). The white flag has not been raised however we all come to a point when we realise that realistically you cannot influence something this big in a short period of time. There is no buyer, its not like MA is refusing to sell to some Geordie billionaire thats going to pump his entire life into the club. Nobody wants it therefore in the short term we have to try and get the club back on a stable footing. Like JAWD says the time for protest is not now, its later. We will continue to harangue (sic?) MA, continue to point out the things he does wrong and continue to shout at him to do things better but for the time being thats the best we can hope for. Maybe if we had 20k members then we could arrange the kind of protests that will make a difference but currently we havent, until then we'll continue to plug away at these things, organising stuff such as the SBR day and members nights and building up the membership towards one that can influence stuff.

You assume too much me thinks....

Basically just a normal fan who loves newcastle, loved keegan, has three season tickets and was devestated at the way Kevin was treated.

While I wasnt on the telly, I was there in the organised march on matchday chanting with the rest on the outside and supporting the team on the inside.

I was delighted at the formation of this group and yes, after been prompted on some website, pledged my support to the venture. Maybe it was apathy on my part or too little action from NUSC (understandable as they were bust getting the thing up and running), but I have heard nothing from them until the radio advised me that they were now willing to forgive Ashley and move on. Very grown up but not quite the selling message at the beginning.

Could we not have at least tried some protesting, even a little? I never got emailed to attend any organised protests.

Why did you change tack without giving this option a go. Peaceful, newsworthy protests could have taken place while still giving full support to the team and jfk.

The bottom line is you promised one thing and are trying to deliver another. This is why you are currently emailing all the people who showed an interest but have not yet joined. Perhaps the current committe will be voted out and another more meaningful regime will lead us away from the temptation to be Ashleys poodle.

And above all else, why the need to act like a condescending prick to anyone who takes a different view.

Merry Christmas

Im not though, Im asking some simple pertinent questions. If you wanted and believed in protest so much then you would have joined at the very start and been there getting involved but by your own admission you didnt. Yes you went on a march and it was the likes of these marches that spurred the formation of the NUSC but then after that people went apathetic. Read back through this board and N-O and you'll see that a large number of fans were against hardcore protesting, yes they followed the pie boycott for a while but now you cant get moved at half time for the queues.

The NUSC quickly found out it cannot have enough bite without building up its membership base first, doing the complete opposite of what the average fan on the street wanted was never going to achieve that.

My argument to you though is that you say you wanted the same things as the NUSC did but didnt join up, didnt offer help, didnt give your time etc then when that dies down you have a go at it for not succeeding. You cant always leave these things to others, if you want to make a difference then get out there and do something. If you dont agree with the current stance of the NUSC then join up and make your voice heard otherwise nobody will ever know you think differently.

I reiterate again though the statement from Malcolm was correctly reported but hideously placed under a misleading headline.

He was asked about the fact the Journal logged 44% as being willing to forgive him, he answered correctly in that "yes, if he came back did some good stuff and sorted the shite out then some people will be willing to forgive". What was never said was "Mike come back and the NUSC say all Newcastle fans will forgive you", its highly unlikely that MA can ever do enough to turn around the damage thats already been done but I for one would welcome him trying to.

Mike Ashley has been told he is still not welcome back at St James's Park by Newcastle fans - after their demand for clear-the-air talks was snubbed.

The Sports Direct owner failed to respond to a request from the Newcastle United Supporters Club for a meeting.

Ashley is believed to be preparing for a return to the directors box on match days - he would love to be at St James's Park for Sunday's match against Spurs, a club Ashley has strong links with and has watched as a fan this season.

Ashley, who claimed at the weekend he has "made mistakes", is preparing financially for next season after admitting "no credible" buyer has been found.

It is becoming clear he needs a fresh strategy to build bridges with the Geordie public.

But the NUSC have heard nothing from Ashley several weeks after offering an olive branch of talks - and it has left fans' organisers livid.

The fans group, mobilised after Kevin Keegan was forced out to give the Toon Army a united voice, released a statement yesterday and told Ashley: "The fans have laid off their protests in the hope that Mr Ashley would just go, but here he remains.

"You want to go, we want you to go. Lets start working together on that and then we might just be able to start forgetting all about you. The clock is ticking."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20981795/

So how do you lot plan on helping him sell the club? :aye:

So how do you lot plan on helping him sell the club? :aye:

They'll endorse an NUSC slide in the powerpoint presentation for prospective buyers which lists all the ways we'll gladly be fucked in the ass by an owner and keep paying them for the pleasure.

peasepud, fair enough to some of your comments and yes, most of the people you are trying to get to join, you could accuse of not handing out the leaflets in the beginning.

Lets be very realistic.

There is usually more than one way to solve a problem.

Your way now appears to be lets create a nice warm cuddly supporters club with nights out a few beers and various feel good events. While there is nothing wrong with this and im sure you will all have a canny time. Growth will be deadly slow, you will have no bite and will not be taken serious by the club.

Remember, it was the mass protest ofa few hundred that got Ashley to agree to sell.

My way would have been to do all the warm cuddly things, but not to forget the reason the group was formed. It does not take too many people demonstrating to cause change. This is PR and Sky and various station would be only too keen to follow your activities had they continued in this way. Fathers for justice -- Stunts!!! Now im not saying anyone should hoik up the tyne bridge but a little bit of creative thinking could have put together some juicy protests.

A few hundred got him to commit to sell, the same few hundred could have made his mind up to accept one of the offers that have been made.

The bottom line is most fans are a fickle lot and your softly softly approach im afraid is the wrong one.

Maybe theres too many lawyers or solicitors in the membership committee urging caution.

Anyway, I wish you well in your efforts.

You are kidding aren't you? The protest didn't make Ashley sell, the impending credit crunch and MA's need to put his money somewhere safe did man! Same goes for your comments to Pud earlier about the NUSC being able to force MA to sell the club.

He doesn't give much of a shit about the NUSC, he's shown as much by not responding to any of the requests for dialogue.

The NUSC can't influence his decision to sell or who he should sell too. He's not going to accept some offer just cos we all think he should. He'll sell to whoever meets his price. I don't even believe his comments about only selling to someone who'll look after the club.

EDIT: I should point out that I do think the NUSC can have an impact on the club and I'm all in favour of it. The pragmatist in me just thinks MA will continue to dismiss the NUSC as some after-school club rather than using it as an opportunity to re-connect with the fans.

Edited by maggiespaws