NUSC Online payments now available

peasepud

I think you're all mad, i'm guessing some of you are too young to remember what a recession looks like or what happens during one. Add on top of that one of the the worst financial climates in post-industrial history and you are looking at huge uncertainty for any investor. If you dont know how that connects to the debate here you should have a little think.

What is the overall objective of the DD cancellation or going 'nuclear'? To remove Ashley is not an end-game, it is not a result, it is an intermediate step towards something else. The purchase of the club by someone better is the only way any of those activities could be helpful in the long-run.

I'm not going to connect the dots, it should be obvious. Emotional, narrow sighted, ill informed opinion is going to do nothing for the future of the club. The situation is about as sobering as it gets.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're all mad, i'm guessing some of you are too young to remember what a recession looks like or what happens during one. Add on top of that one of the the worst financial climates in post-industrial history and you are looking at huge uncertainty for any investor. If you dont know how that connects to the debate here you should have a little think.

What is the overall objective of the DD cancellation or going 'nuclear'? To remove Ashley is not an end-game, it is not a result, it is an intermediate step towards something else. The purchase of the club by someone better is the only way any of those activities could be helpful in the long-run.

I'm not going to connect the dots, it should be obvious. Emotional, narrow sighted, ill informed opinion is going to do nothing for the future of the club. The situation is about as sobering as it gets.

Don't be so patronising you prick. I'm fully aware of what a recession is, and the implications. JFK confirmed Ashley had an offer, but he didn;t think this was enough money, so don't come out with crap that no-one is buying. In this market is it not Ashley who is being unrealistic with his asking price which by all accounts is in excess of what he paid.

The objective of cancelling the DD should indicate to Ashley that he is getting no more money from Newcastle supporters and trying to force his hand in selling the club. At this point anybody would be better than Ashley - who could have dome more harm than this fat fool and his midget sidekick????

Emotional and ill informed- what a load of patronising nonsense- is appeasement always the best way????? How has anything that I have said ill informed???? Do you know what price he was offered??????? There is nothing ill informed about trying to force the worst owner in the history of NUFC out of the club.

Edited by Johnc

I was taking the piss with that comment.

Don't be so patronising you prick. I'm fully aware of what a recession is, and the implications. JFK confirmed Ashley had an offer, but he didn;t think this was enough money, so don't come out with crap that no-one is buying. In this market is it not Ashley who is being unrealistic with his asking price which by all accounts is in excess of what he paid.

The objective of cancelling the DD should indicate to Ashley that he is getting no more money from Newcastle supporters and trying to force his hand in selling the club. At this point anybody would be better than Ashley - who could have dome more harm than this fat fool and his midget sidekick????

Emotional and ill informed- what a load of patronising nonsense- is appeasement always the best way????? How has anything that I have said ill informed???? Do you know what price he was offered??????? There is nothing ill informed about trying to force the worst owner in the history of NUFC out of the club.

;) How emotional was that response? Just what we dont need right now. You didnt state what the second part of the plan was, the bit about how the next owner would be better.

Ill informed as you clearly dont appreciate the impact of the financial crisis on the attractiveness of the club to investors.

I was taking the piss with that comment.

Fair enough.

;) How emotional was that response? Just what we dont need right now. You didnt state what the second part of the plan was, the bit about how the next owner would be better.

Ill informed as you clearly dont appreciate the impact of the financial crisis on the attractiveness of the club to investors.

How patronising yet again. Just what who doesn't need - we - do you speak for everybody???? Don't try and be clever you just look smug, patronising and ignorant. There have been two offers for the club - how do you know that the next owner would not be better -could they be worse???

Ill Informed ???? What part is ill informed - the fact is we have had offers so therefore the club is attractive at a certain price - do you know what that price is??? I know what it should be - certainly no more than what Ashley paid for it, and possibly less due to the financial crisis. Unless you know what the offers were, and I'm sure you don't then you are the one making ill informed assumptions without all the facts. The plan is quite clear - get rid of an owner who clearly does not care one jot for the club or the supporters. If his investment is not going to make a profit, then with a bit of luck he will cut his losses and leave. Passion and emotion are what loyal supporters feel for their club - you apparently do not - I feel sorry for you in that case.

Edited by Johnc

nusconline

nusc-online

newcastleunitedsupportersclub

mynusc

Any good?

Actually, in fairness I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Once my brain caught up I realised that it's not just a case of making a couple of amendments and use a new domain name. All the stuff done around the NUSC to date (links in online articles, newspapers etc) will all use the current domain name.

I think I'll take my own advice and STFU :icon_lol:

no worries, I'm not trying to pick holes..... it was just when that fella was on the radio the web address seemed a bit of a mouthful. ;)

How patronising yet again. Just what who doesn't need - we - do you speak for everybody???? Don't try and be clever you just look smug, patronising and ignorant. There have been two offers for the club - how do you know that the next owner would not be better -could they be worse???

Ill Informed ???? What part is ill informed - the fact is we have had offers so therefore the club is attractive at a certain price - do you know what that price is??? I know what it should be - certainly no more than what Ashley paid for it, and possibly less due to the financial crisis. Unless you know what the offers were, and I'm sure you don't then you are the one making ill informed assumptions without all the facts. The plan is quite clear - get rid of an owner who clearly does not care one jot for the club or the supporters. If his investment is not going to make a profit, then with a bit of luck he will cut his losses and leave. Passion and emotion are what loyal supporters feel for their club - you apparently do not - I feel sorry for you in that case.

:icon_lol: I'll deal with you later.

:icon_lol: Chex calmly raises the smugness stakes.

We both share some objectives, the healthier the club the more valuable the asset. Its this common ground that we need to exploit. However, if the price is the same to the buyer whether we are 17th or 7th, this might be difficult to argue.

What intrigues me about all this is that one of the reasons cited as influencing the attractiveness of the club beyond the financial climate was the turmoil between the club's ownership and fans. If he wants to sell, surely he will want relationships to appear to be improving?

It's common sense as I see it that the communication footprint needs to move to a fair and open discursive level, with regards to your last point. Personally (and I say this with great difficulty) we need to set aside (for now) our rancor towards Ashley. At this moment in time the club as an entity we all care about must come first. The olive branch is the correct move at this time. All other momentum (finance markets, SD etc) being against us. Anyway against all common perceptions the Parky radar (as usual) goes against common appearances...ie I think we will have a good second half.

Didn't Jabba the Hut have one of them?

;) .....i never noticed the resemblance before but MA could be a hutt

:icon_lol: Chex calmly raises the smugness stakes.

I'm sure you'll try to - better run along and check with Fat Mike/NUSC/Turncoats to check what is ok?????

The thing is, I don't see how stopping DD payments and presumably therefore not going to games helps the club out of the current on the field crisis. And I don't see how it would help in terms of attracting potential investors to buy Ashley out either.

I'll put a full reply on when I get to a proper computer. DD wise though we have investigated and fans don't have a leg to stand on. Cancelling a DD agreement will go against your credit rating and ultimately cause you grief. That's why the NUSC haven't recommended it.

I'm sensing a carefully masterminded onslaught is materialising in Adam's mind... :icon_lol:

FWIW, I think far too many people believe that Ashley is as worse as it can get.... THAT in my mind, is a very narrow minded view.

Hounding him out of the club is not the end goal. It's replacing him with someone better - and there is no guarantee that the next man to want to buy the club will be.

I'll put a full reply on when I get to a proper computer. DD wise though we have investigated and fans don't have a leg to stand on. Cancelling a DD agreement will go against your credit rating and ultimately cause you grief. That's why the NUSC haven't recommended it.

#

It is incorrect that cancelling DD payments for next seasons tickets will go against you on your credit rating. That is absolute tosh - cancelling a credit agreement because of a reasonable cause would have to result in court action being taken by the supplier -NUFC -do you think for one minute that the club will take their own season ticket holders to court???

These are scare stories being used by the club. This man has taken all of the TV Money, season ticket money, and spent nothing. Newcastle will post an operating profit at the end of the season - this is fact. As regards who would be better, why doesn't Ashley come out and say that the bids made by XXX are insufficient due to my wanting £300M+ for a club which I paid £134M and then cancelled out a debt for £60M. all other debts have been transferred into loan payments due back to Ashley. If anybody can come up with a reasonable argument as to why this Fat Shyster deserves a profit on a club he has nearly destroyed feel free???? The gullibility factor of some fans??? is astonishing. Do you not realise what this man has done and why he is now using his puppet JFK to try and smooth the way. He has no feeligs whatsoever towards NUFC and is purely looking to make a profit at our expense. WAKE UP and see what this bastard has done

#

It is incorrect that cancelling DD payments for next seasons tickets will go against you on your credit rating. That is absolute tosh - cancelling a credit agreement because of a reasonable cause would have to result in court action being taken by the supplier -NUFC -do you think for one minute that the club will take their own season ticket holders to court???

These are scare stories being used by the club. This man has taken all of the TV Money, season ticket money, and spent nothing. Newcastle will post an operating profit at the end of the season - this is fact. As regards who would be better, why doesn't Ashley come out and say that the bids made by XXX are insufficient due to my wanting £300M+ for a club which I paid £134M and then cancelled out a debt for £60M. all other debts have been transferred into loan payments due back to Ashley. If anybody can come up with a reasonable argument as to why this Fat Shyster deserves a profit on a club he has nearly destroyed feel free???? The gullibility factor of some fans??? is astonishing. Do you not realise what this man has done and why he is now using his puppet JFK to try and smooth the way. He has no feeligs whatsoever towards NUFC and is purely looking to make a profit at our expense. WAKE UP and see what this bastard has done

Go on then fucking do it. cancel your DD and see what happens, we've taken advice on it from experts (including the three solicitors on the committee) and all advice says its a bad move to do it. No doubt however you would have blamed us if we had said it should be done.

I havent got a fucking clue who you are but frankly mate if I was you Id take the time to research through my previous posts before even thinking about having the bastard fucking gall to accuse me of giving in to MA or being swayed by anything hes said.

#

The second paragraph is expressing the same sentiments as plenty of other people on here (myself and Peasepud included) have done previously. Where we differ is over what is right for the club right now. It's not that we've been taken in by Ashley or anything but we have to move forward in the best way possible.

#

Go on then fucking do it. cancel your DD and see what happens, we've taken advice on it from experts (including the three solicitors on the committee) and all advice says its a bad move to do it. No doubt however you would have blamed us if we had said it should be done.

I havent got a fucking clue who you are but frankly mate if I was you Id take the time to research through my previous posts before even thinking about having the bastard fucking gall to accuse me of giving in to MA or being swayed by anything hes said.

Firstly already cancelled any DD - I'll be over the moon to go to court over that. So you are a member of NUSC??? Are you happy with your chairman's spineless statement, because I think you'll find the answer as to which way the fans think if Fatboy shows up at St James. As for blaming NUSC - what a crock of shit- you don't represent the majority of the Newcastle fans - why the turnaround - has he now replied and invited you into the boardroom for a chat and a drink? As for accusing you about what - I don't have the time to research all your posts - get ower yersel you big tart. Answer the question as to why the turnaround/cave in/????????

fwiw i will sign up tomorrow, not doing it now cos my wallet is in car ;) and its fooking freezing out there!!!

i have a confession, i am really really really really sorry, i had to buy a small suitcase for a trip to eyeland and the only place that had one at short notice was Sports direct, i was GUTTED to hand over the cash, it was only 699 but fook me i felt bad :icon_lol:

i will say 3 Walking in a robson wonderlands and a eee aye ee aye ee aye ohh for my sins

#

The second paragraph is expressing the same sentiments as plenty of other people on here (myself and Peasepud included) have done previously. Where we differ is over what is right for the club right now. It's not that we've been taken in by Ashley or anything but we have to move forward in the best way possible.

There are threads on this very page where we've all shown anger and dissapointment, but at this point we need to all rally together.

#

Firstly already cancelled any DD - I'll be over the moon to go to court over that. So you are a member of NUSC??? Are you happy with your chairman's spineless statement, because I think you'll find the answer as to which way the fans think if Fatboy shows up at St James. As for blaming NUSC - what a crock of shit- you don't represent the majority of the Newcastle fans - why the turnaround - has he now replied and invited you into the boardroom for a chat and a drink? As for accusing you about what - I don't have the time to research all your posts - get ower yersel you big tart. Answer the question as to why the turnaround/cave in/????????

We got a live one here! ;):icon_lol:

If you're paying for a service you haven't yet used I don't think it's as cut and dry as people are making out, I think you have to write a letter giving warning you are cancelling if you do it by the book. Because you haven't yet used ie been to future matches regardless of contract there are ways out of it.

I dont think Ashley will have any intention of speaking to a supporters group, however by NUSC should definitely try and set up some sort of dialogue with the club.

If they have a sizeable membership, act in a reasonable way and show they are only interested in the best interests of the club a couple of things can happen. If the club meets them they can pass on what they are told about how the club is to be taken forward, and we can all hold the club to account for what they say.

If the club refuses to meet them it strengthens the position of NUSC as a pressure group/focus for supporters.

The biggest problems with the way the club is being run are the complete lack of direction, and the lack of communication from the club. NUSC should be completely dedicated to responsibly trying to communicate with the club, and passing that information to the fans. I shouldnt try and make demands, because that is a pointless exercise.

I dont think Ashley will have any intention of speaking to a supporters group, however by NUSC should definitely try and set up some sort of dialogue with the club.

If they have a sizeable membership, act in a reasonable way and show they are only interested in the best interests of the club a couple of things can happen. If the club meets them they can pass on what they are told about how the club is to be taken forward, and we can all hold the club to account for what they say.

If the club refuses to meet them it strengthens the position of NUSC as a pressure group/focus for supporters.

The biggest problems with the way the club is being run are the complete lack of direction, and the lack of communication from the club. NUSC should be completely dedicated to responsibly trying to communicate with the club, and passing that information to the fans. I shouldnt try and make demands, because that is a pointless exercise.

You said it yourself - Ashley will not speak to anybody - this shows a total lack of respect for the supporters. How does NUSC changing their tack and backing down help in any way. It just shows a lack of conviction on their original target - This was Ashley out. How does bending over backwards to speak to a liar help?

As regards future DD's for next season, the club would not dare to take 10,000+ supporters to court- that is suicide!!!

Edited by Johnc