NUSC Online payments now available

peasepud

peasepud, fair enough to some of your comments and yes, most of the people you are trying to get to join, you could accuse of not handing out the leaflets in the beginning.

Lets be very realistic.

There is usually more than one way to solve a problem.

Your way now appears to be lets create a nice warm cuddly supporters club with nights out a few beers and various feel good events. While there is nothing wrong with this and im sure you will all have a canny time. Growth will be deadly slow, you will have no bite and will not be taken serious by the club.

Remember, it was the mass protest ofa few hundred that got Ashley to agree to sell.

My way would have been to do all the warm cuddly things, but not to forget the reason the group was formed. It does not take too many people demonstrating to cause change. This is PR and Sky and various station would be only too keen to follow your activities had they continued in this way. Fathers for justice -- Stunts!!! Now im not saying anyone should hoik up the tyne bridge but a little bit of creative thinking could have put together some juicy protests.

A few hundred got him to commit to sell, the same few hundred could have made his mind up to accept one of the offers that have been made.

The bottom line is most fans are a fickle lot and your softly softly approach im afraid is the wrong one.

Maybe theres too many lawyers or solicitors in the membership committee urging caution.

Anyway, I wish you well in your efforts.

Well cheers for that, its much appreciated. Thing is (and this isnt me being a condescending prick as you so beautifully put it) if you think that protests will make him sell then go and do it, I'll even provide you with webspace and a site, get yourself sorted and make calls for a new protest group, make it free to join and ask all those that agree with you to turn up and help you force Ashley out. In all honesty Im guessing that Id be able to come along, pick you out of the crowd and buy you a pint (from the Strawberry not Shearers!) on match day because you'll be one of a very small number holding the bedsheet.

But go ahead and do it because if you do then I will have every respect for you, simply because you got off your arse and tried. Top marks to the kidda that organised the march before the Hull game or those that refused to go into the game before it started but frankly where are they now? I havent heard anything more from these people, not because they dont care but because they realise they're pissing in the wind.

Get 10k fans to join it though and then you've got yourself a proper protest. That however cannot happen overnight, this football clubs problem is that we have not had a proper supporters club up until now, that in itself though doesnt appear overnight, it takes time, sweat and toil and as has already been seen it cannot satisfy everybody all of the time.

Oh and by the way, one of the main lawyers on the committee is one of the strongest voices when it comes to wanting to protest.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peasepud, fair enough to some of your comments and yes, most of the people you are trying to get to join, you could accuse of not handing out the leaflets in the beginning.

Lets be very realistic.

There is usually more than one way to solve a problem.

Your way now appears to be lets create a nice warm cuddly supporters club with nights out a few beers and various feel good events. While there is nothing wrong with this and im sure you will all have a canny time. Growth will be deadly slow, you will have no bite and will not be taken serious by the club.

Remember, it was the mass protest ofa few hundred that got Ashley to agree to sell.

My way would have been to do all the warm cuddly things, but not to forget the reason the group was formed. It does not take too many people demonstrating to cause change. This is PR and Sky and various station would be only too keen to follow your activities had they continued in this way. Fathers for justice -- Stunts!!! Now im not saying anyone should hoik up the tyne bridge but a little bit of creative thinking could have put together some juicy protests.

A few hundred got him to commit to sell, the same few hundred could have made his mind up to accept one of the offers that have been made.

The bottom line is most fans are a fickle lot and your softly softly approach im afraid is the wrong one.

Maybe theres too many lawyers or solicitors in the membership committee urging caution.

Anyway, I wish you well in your efforts.

You are kidding aren't you? The protest didn't make Ashley sell, the impending credit crunch and MA's need to put his money somewhere safe did man! Same goes for your comments to Pud earlier about the NUSC being able to force MA to sell the club.

He doesn't give much of a shit about the NUSC, he's shown as much by not responding to any of the requests for dialogue.

The NUSC can't influence his decision to sell or who he should sell too. He's not going to accept some offer just cos we all think he should. He'll sell to whoever meets his price. I don't even believe his comments about only selling to someone who'll look after the club.

EDIT: I should point out that I do think the NUSC can have an impact on the club and I'm all in favour of it. The pragmatist in me just thinks MA will continue to dismiss the NUSC as some after-school club rather than using it as an opportunity to re-connect with the fans.

Beat me to it. Not for one second do I think the 'protests' prompted Ashley to issue that statement about selling the club.

As for NUSC, this is the first chance I have had since its inception to join, and join I will. Will it achieve anything? I don't know. But I reckon it's the best chance of representing me and my thoughts. If I don't agree with the direction it is going - at any time - I will voice my opinions (I wouldn't give a fuck if they/any agreed, or not). I view it (NUSC) as the beginning of an organisation that will become the main outlet of views of supporters of Newcastle United.

I hope to see a mature and constructive statement from NUSC regarding Ashley's announcement with clear outlines as to how Ashley might undo the damage done, instead of some of the juvenile bile we have seen recently.

• 1 year later...
Like yourself, I was horrified to recently here their comments about welcoming Ashley back. Spineless, sold down the river etc etc. Im my opinion they have taken the wrong stance and if anything have made the situation worse.

These comments have probably led to the recent spewings from Kinnear and Ashley. I am sure he will now follow this up by trying to smooth things over for his own benefit, not ours or the clubs.

I feel that the NUSC comittee are hoping for some cosy boardroom chats. It aint going to happen. This guy is a ruthless businessman who knows exactly how to manipulate any situation to his advantage.

I also believe that every day he remains in charge will result in further damage to the club. He has turned down offers that he may have accepted had NUSC kept up the pressure on him through the media.

Anyway, I commend you for fighting your corner. As with most forums, if you are new and dont agree with the "establishment" you are screwed and the sheep will line up to take shots from the sidelines.

And for those who slag off the bedspread brigade, it was that lot that got this whole thing moving, not the armchair fans in Ireland or anywhere else for that matter.

P.S. Yes my spelling and pronounceation may be crap and i dont know how to use the quote thing either but.... Who cares

Couldn't agree more CT

Like yourself, I was horrified to recently here their comments about welcoming Ashley back. Spineless, sold down the river etc etc. Im my opinion they have taken the wrong stance and if anything have made the situation worse.

These comments have probably led to the recent spewings from Kinnear and Ashley. I am sure he will now follow this up by trying to smooth things over for his own benefit, not ours or the clubs.

I feel that the NUSC comittee are hoping for some cosy boardroom chats. It aint going to happen. This guy is a ruthless businessman who knows exactly how to manipulate any situation to his advantage.

I also believe that every day he remains in charge will result in further damage to the club. He has turned down offers that he may have accepted had NUSC kept up the pressure on him through the media.

Anyway, I commend you for fighting your corner. As with most forums, if you are new and dont agree with the "establishment" you are screwed and the sheep will line up to take shots from the sidelines.

And for those who slag off the bedspread brigade, it was that lot that got this whole thing moving, not the armchair fans in Ireland or anywhere else for that matter.

P.S. Yes my spelling and pronounceation may be crap and i dont know how to use the quote thing either but.... Who cares

Couldn't agree more CT

2008 ffs :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_< Move on Happy, move on.

2008 ffs :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_< Move on Happy, move on.

OK

Howabout August '09

Fuck me!

Newcastle united, the joke club.

Ashley you wankstain of human excrement get this fucking deal done and get some fucking dignity back into this club.

We're like the school fucking bike, desperate for anyone.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=658375

Couldn't agree more CT

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_<

2008 ffs :icon_lol:<_< <_< Move on Happy, move on.

OK

Howabout August '09

Fuck me!

Ashley you wankstain of human excrement get this fucking deal done and get some fucking dignity back into this club.

I dont quite get your point. :icon_lol:

If your asking if the last 18 months have been a rollercoaster of emotions and views, the answer is yes and I dont think I've ever denied that. (Im sure you'll find it if I have)

I have hated Ashley, protested against him, joined NUSC, left NUSC, hoped a sale would go through, when we were up for sale, and now considering all that has happened and no shining knights on the Horizon, consider it a good idea to get behind the club and see if the 60th richest man in England really does want to now take us forward.

Thats a grown up, considered view of events, which most Newcastle fans seem to share.

You on the other hand seem to want to remain the angry man compiling compendiums.

I dont know where that gets you other than bitter and twisted.....But hey ho, each to their own. :icon_lol:

I have hated Ashley, protested against him, joined NUSC, left NUSC, hoped a sale would go through, when we were up for sale, and now considering all that has happened and no shining knights on the Horizon, consider it a good idea to get behind the club and see if the 60th richest man in England really does want to now take us forward.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

The point is my friend that you've displayed all the characteristics of a 'fair weather fan'. Because everything is rosy in the league table at the moment, you're quite content to back the people at the top when it's quite clear to the rest of us that it's the gulf in talent between our players and the rest of the league that has got us where we are.

What's your view going to be if we lose the first 6 or 7 games of next season? :icon_lol:

OK

Howabout August '09

Fuck me!

If your asking if the last 18 months have been a rollercoaster of emotions and views, the answer is yes and I dont think I've ever denied that. (Im sure you'll find it if I have)

Thats a grown up, considered view of events, which most Newcastle fans seem to share.

You on the other hand seem to want to remain the angry man compiling compendiums.

I dont know where that gets you other than bitter and twisted.....But hey ho, each to their own. :icon_lol:

There's tens of thousands of people that still get behind the team as much as they ever have and support the club 100%, through thick and thin. Me included. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're not one of those. Weren't you on a total boycott...until we look like we might win the championship.

Most of us don't have to back-peddle to be able to celebrate promotion. We'll be happy about going back up while fully recognising that nothing whatsoever has changed at the club and the outlook is as grim as it ever was.

I understand you have some backtracking to do if you're going to stop your boycott and enjoy our return like the more dedicated fans, but don't be telling us we're wrong to recognise what a grade A twat Ashley is when you've been one of the most vocal of his opponents.

Edited by Happy Face

OK

Howabout August '09

Fuck me!

There's tens of thousands of people that still get behind the team as much as they ever have and support the club 100%, through thick and thin. Me included. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're not one of those. Weren't you on a total boycott...until we look like we might win the championship.

Still havent been as would many others if they could have got out of there three year deal

Most of us don't have to back-peddle to be able to celebrate promotion. We'll be happy about going back up while fully recognising that nothing whatsoever has changed at the club and the outlook is as grim as it ever was.

No back peddling here, time moves on. The outlook is anything but grim. Most realise we would at the very least entered administration under Shepherd.

I understand you have some backtracking to do if you're going to stop your boycott and enjoy our return like the more dedicated fans, but don't be telling us we're wrong to recognise what a grade A twat Ashley is when you've been one of the most vocal of his opponents.

You've honestly got to let go and move on. We all know he fucked up, he's said sorry, he's tried to sell, nobody wants us..... Seriously, you are as obsessed with Ashley as Leazes is with Freddy.

Still havent been as would many others if they could have got out of there three year deal

Everyone was able to get out of their 3 year deals, as many people I know did.

No back peddling here, time moves on. The outlook is anything but grim. Most realise we would at the very least entered administration under Shepherd.

I think it's back peddling. Most people that have read your posts would agree I think.

You've honestly got to let go and move on. We all know he fucked up, he's said sorry, he's tried to sell, nobody wants us..... Seriously, you are as obsessed with Ashley as Leazes is with Freddy.

Au contraire mon ami. In the past month I've started a single thread on Llambias's comments about unreasonable fans and added one post to my blog for the same story. Wheras you're the one who's started threads like "Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets", "Derek comes out fighting", "Mike Ashley named in Forbes rich list".

If all your topics and posts weren't defending him constantly, most posters would be happy to leave it as an underlying hatred while accepting there's no other options out there without kicking up a constant fuss, as they did with Shepherd for many years.

Edited by Happy Face

Everyone was able to get out of their 3 year deals, as many people I know did.

I think you'll find people like Alex who made cash in advance were fucked

I think it's back peddling. Most people that have read your posts would agree I think.

Makes no sense really. Its like all the people who think Leon Best is currently shite, arnt aloud to change their view of him if he turns out to do very well for us????

The same with Ashley. Because it was Keegan we were all a lot more upset than if it had been allardyce or someone who had walked. I've hated Ashley, hoped we would be sold, and now consider he could be our best chance to progress, given the finacial climate, his wealth and the fact no other fucker wants us.

Perhaps you could explain how any of that is "backpeddling???

Au contraire mon ami. In the past month I've started a single thread on Llambias's comments about unreasonable fans and added one post to my blog for the same story. Wheras you're the one who's started threads like "Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets", "Derek comes out fighting", "Mike Ashley named in Forbes rich list".

If all your topics and posts weren't defending him constantly, most posters would be happy to leave it as an underlying hatred while accepting there's no other options out there without kicking up a constant fuss, as they did with Shepherd for many years.

Its a football forum about Newcastle :icon_lol: Ashley is the owner, this is the sort of thing that gets discussed. There is a tide of change towards Ashley and a general feeling that we may as well move forward together (we have no choice anyway)

I see no problem in trying to state the case for why this might be a good idea where as some on here just want to harp back and back and back. Some are even re-writing history and seem to forget the shit we could be in now if Ashley wast here. But rather than debate these things seriously, some just want to het hysterical about the past. Pointless imo.

Seriously, you are as obsessed with Ashley as Leazes is with Freddy.

Its a football forum about Newcastle :icon_lol: Ashley is the owner, this is the sort of thing that gets discussed.

Make your mind up mate.

Edited by Happy Face