'We are ready to forgive Ashley'

Snake

From when this fiaso started and we were up in arms what has changed?

It is a long time since we have been front page of the tabloids his return will put us back there.

Could he not behave like a nomal owner / director, dress accordinly and sit in the directors box, not standing on the terrraces in his top drinking lager. This also heaps derision upon the club.

If he had found a buyer at a huge profit would he still be such a staunch NUFC supporter?

Mr Ashley please do not come back it will only hurt the club, distract the players and cause factions amongst the fans.

It's not your club it is ours.

NUSC fuck off as well. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've also lost any faith I had in the 'supporter club'. Un-fucking-believable.

If there was honestly 44% of 'real' Newcastle fans who are prepared to forgive and forget then fuck them and their 'support', they can fuck off and support a team closer to their heart like the fucking Mackems. I knew it'd come to this, fucking disgrace.

So do you think any of the previous regimes in say the last 30 years at SJP have been so much better than Ashley and his muckers?.....or is it just because he let KK walk off into the sunset? I don't think anyone bar Sir John Hall has really moved the club forwards, and KK was a pretty stupid appointment if the plan was to have a "continental" management structure above him....it was always going to end in tears,the whole football world told us but most of us chose not to listen.

Mostly we've always in my time been run by a shower of self serving twats, and Ashley is just the latest. The club has changed since the days of "sack the board" 20 years ago, two new generations of fans have come into the club. The club is virtually unrecognisable in form and structure from what was there in those days, so to think we can get rid of Ashley by sitting down in protest on the Gallowgate or outside the Stawberry/ waving badly spelt bed linen at skytv cameras outside Shearers or bycotting matchday beer and the club shop is, sadly, a bit far fetched.

As far as I can see compromise is what is needed on both sides, and this NUSC statement makes a lot of sense.Still won't be joining though....why do they need a tenner from everyone? apparently a thousand have signed up, so they have 10k in the bank less what the flyers handed out before the Blackburn game, website set up costs.....does all that cost 10 grand?.........if they really wanted to put pressure on to force Ashley out, then perhaps a campaign for everyone who had signed up to the 3 year season ticket deal to cancel the direct debits for next seasons ST's? A mate of mine suggested this to them but they've ignored it in favour of compromise when the chance was there to put the club in an awkward posistion....swallow it or take the supporters to court.......it wouldve been interesting to see what wouldve happened, but it may well have damaged the us and them terminally.

So compromise it is, which is very different to their initial stated aims. I cant get away from the feeling though after their bold initial aims and now this sudden about turn that it will be just another talking shop acheiving next to fuck all with a few "media oppurtunities" for those who have got themselves on to the comittee.With us plebs paying 10 quid to let them do it.

I think I've also lost any faith I had in the 'supporter club'. Un-fucking-believable.

If there was honestly 44% of 'real' Newcastle fans who are prepared to forgive and forget then fuck them and their 'support', they can fuck off and support a team closer to their heart like the fucking Mackems. I knew it'd come to this, fucking disgrace.

So do you think any of the previous regimes in say the last 30 years at SJP have been so much better than Ashley and his muckers?.....or is it just because he let KK walk off into the sunset? I don't think anyone bar Sir John Hall has really moved the club forwards, and KK was a pretty stupid appointment if the plan was to have a "continental" management structure above him....it was always going to end in tears,the whole football world told us but most of us chose not to listen.

Mostly we've always in my time been run by a shower of self serving twats, and Ashley is just the latest. The club has changed since the days of "sack the board" 20 years ago, two new generations of fans have come into the club. The club is virtually unrecognisable in form and structure from what was there in those days, so to think we can get rid of Ashley by sitting down in protest on the Gallowgate or outside the Stawberry/ waving badly spelt bed linen at skytv cameras outside Shearers or bycotting matchday beer and the club shop is, sadly, a bit far fetched.

As far as I can see compromise is what is needed on both sides, and this NUSC statement makes a lot of sense.Still won't be joining though....why do they need a tenner from everyone? apparently a thousand have signed up, so they have 10k in the bank less what the flyers handed out before the Blackburn game, website set up costs.....does all that cost 10 grand?.........if they really wanted to put pressure on to force Ashley out, then perhaps a campaign for everyone who had signed up to the 3 year season ticket deal to cancel the direct debits for next seasons ST's? A mate of mine suggested this to them but they've ignored it in favour of compromise when the chance was there to put the club in an awkward posistion....swallow it or take the supporters to court.......it wouldve been interesting to see what wouldve happened, but it may well have damaged the us and them terminally.

So compromise it is, which is very different to their initial stated aims. I cant get away from the feeling though after their bold initial aims and now this sudden about turn that it will be just another talking shop acheiving next to fuck all with a few "media oppurtunities" for those who have got themselves on to the comittee.With us plebs paying 10 quid to let them do it.

It's what the people want apparently.

I'm not willing to forgive him entirely for what he's done but as i've said before my vendetta against him is on the back burner for the time being. We need to pull together and get behind the side to avoid relegation then we can look at the situation in the summer.

I still think he wants rid of the club as it's clearly been more trouble than it's worth for him but the financial situation means buyers aren't going to be braying at his door.

I'm not willing to forgive him entirely for what he's done but as i've said before my vendetta against him is on the back burner for the time being. We need to pull together and get behind the side to avoid relegation then we can look at the situation in the summer.

I still think he wants rid of the club as it's clearly been more trouble than it's worth for him but the financial situation means buyers aren't going to be braying at his door.

I still think they would IF he lowered his price enough......... which is what I suspect he's trying to justify with all this current guff.

We won't get any venture capital funds interested in us at the moment (or any time in the near economic future), but then that's probably a good thing anyway.

He probably should think up another response to interested parties other than ".... £450 million of your Earth pounds.... muahaha..... muahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaa....." as well.

I still think they would IF he lowered his price enough......... which is what I suspect he's trying to justify with all this current guff.

We won't get any venture capital funds interested in us at the moment (or any time in the near economic future), but then that's probably a good thing anyway.

He probably should think up another response to interested parties other than ".... £450 million of your Earth pounds.... muahaha..... muahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaa....." as well.

;)

I don't think I've ever trusted a Newcastle chairman. Ashley's only done one thing to really impress me since he arrived, and he undid that dramatically when he told Keegan to fuck off.

Having said that, I'm open to being impressed by something in January. It's a sensible approach by the NUSC, strange they're getting it right now the online payments are up. ;)

What an absolute fucking disgrace you are, some people have put a shitload of time and money into setting the NUSC up, our own personal time and money that is. unpaid money, unreturned time and frankly personally I wouldnt have it any other way but sometimes I do bastard despair at the level of support that some people think its ok to give.

The NUSC was set up because people wanted a concerted, organised effort when it came to protesting, so we did. Some people put their hands in their pockets and forked out for 10,000 leaflets to be printed, one or two of us received police cautions handing those leaflets out and what did we get in return? People moaning that it was litter.

I build and host the website, again out of my own pocket and not funded by my business (I pay the money into the business myself as its something I believe in and not covered by part of my business plan or structure) and why should my business partner lose out on something they have no interest in. The time taken to update and run the site is my spare, after i get in from the day job and after Ive done all the business work. So its usually 2, 3, 4am when Im doing it.

Others are spending whole nights researching stuff and writing articles, letters and emails to promote and broadcast the clubs aims while yet more are spending their own time and cash travelling to attend FSA meetings to promote the cause of NUFC fans everywhere.

What do we get in return for all that? "Fans" accusing us of lining our own pockets! Even though every penny is accounted for and like I say thousands are saved by us donating our own resources. If I wanted to I could charge the NUSC for webspace and work done but it wont happen, never will, even when a new committee is voted in because its something I believe in, something I agreed to even before the mention of paid subscriptions was made.

Anyway back to topic, we gave people what was asked and were slated for it. People told us that it was our fault he was selling up even though we didnt even have the founding meeting until two days after MA's "Im off" statement.

We then tried stepping up the campaign and were ridiculed for it and yes we've made mistakes with some of the statements made but that was down to people becoming too involved and too passionate about the subject. Again though the likes of yourself slate us for it without offering any alternative.

So finally, MA comes out and admits what I've been telling you for over a month, that there is no buyer and we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future. I wasnt saying that because Id guessed it, I told you it because it was fact, we knew he didnt have a buyer but again people didnt believe us when we said. "Oh leave him alone, you've caused all this" was the general concensus.

So now we get to where we are now, MA is NOT going anywhere before the end of the season, we cant force him out, maybe we could if we had a membership of 50,000 but we dont and we dont have that because people didnt sign up because we were protesting!

So what do you honestly think is the correct course of action for the NUSC to take? We are Newcastle fans, we want what is best for this football club. If MA cant (or wont) get a buyer then we cant force someone to buy it therefore we have to try and get the best out of the situation. That means trying to organise dialogue with MA and getting him to see sense in what he does next. Currently hes stating he wont pay out for players, I believe he will sell players instead. Hopefully by doing this we can get him to see sense and turn things around. It would take a hell of a lot though to forgive him. Malcolm made the statement that if MA did these things then maybe he will be accepted back in. Its a fucking big maybe though.

As for consulting the membership, what exactly would you want us to say? how about "its like this folks we have two options, 1) Try and get MA to invest some cash and ensure our survival as a Premiership club (even possibly as a club full stop) or 2) tell him to go fuck himself and we'll spend some cash on nice new banners that will make {insert name of random lunatic billionaire or sheik here} think "ooooooh I wanna buy that club"

Its not going to happen, I've been more vocal than anyone on here about my dislike of MA but frankly if it meant the survival of this club then Id take it up the ringpiece from him and Wise in a tag team never mind swallowing my pride and sitting down over tea and cakes to discuss what he needs to do.

Id do all that for the good of this club but what do I get in return? some daft fucker deciding Im a makem because of it.

Now lets see you reply with a sensible alternative to what we're doing. Interestingly Im happy to bet that you arent a member even though everything we've done before now has been right up your alley by the sound of things.

As for the website address, has anyone tried nusc.org.uk? its only sitting on the long one because we had to grab one quick (the original site was thrown together and up and running 6 hours after the meeting took place) so I bought that one, we then got the .org.uk one and redirected it to the main one. It was too much hassle and risk in moving the entire database and site to the other when this does just as well. In press interviews people are supposed to use the short one, its probably my fault however that they dont at times because I always work on the big account and automatically paste that into threads, links etc.

Oh and PaddockLad, the money goes into the coffers and is used for things such as the purchase of the membership cards and packs, postage costs to send them out. Theres proper supporters club stuff in the offing as well, members nights planned, talk ins with ex players, that sort of thing. All of which will be subsidised by the NUSC. Overall though its there for future things, if we need a big protest and have to print 50k leaflets then the money is there. At the same time if the club did something along the lines of moving fans from their seats as they did in the past then there will be money there to help those affected with legal assistance etc. At the same time if we built up a good enough membership and werent spending the money then we wouldnt continue to keep pulling it in to just sit in an account. We'd look to reduce the price, offer discounts to members, give something back etc etc. This isnt a money making exercise, frankly we'd love to be able to offer it for free but theres two reasons why we cant, firstly it costs money to run it and secondly to stop it being infiltrated by the makems, if it was free then we'd see concerted efforts by certain fansites etc to bollocks up votes and stuff.

Read the terms and conditions on the site though and you'll see that it will NEVER be wasted and should the club close down then any money left over after its paid its debts will be given to charity.

i cannot get my head around the people that have a pop at the nusc, who has a gun at their head to join, ffs people are giving time and effort in doing this, back them or shut the fuck up!!

that is all

nite

Pud, I've asked this before but how did NUSC reach this decision to forgive/tolerate Ashley?

I'd just like to know whether NUSC is going to represent the fans or just attempt to get the fans round to their way of thinking.

Pud, I've asked this before but how did NUSC reach this decision to forgive/tolerate Ashley?

I'd just like to know whether NUSC is going to represent the fans or just attempt to get the fans round to their way of thinking.

There was no decision to make though. People seem to be reading that statement as a be all and end all of the matter, its not. Its simply a sticking plaster to try and get us through the rest of the season.

Its like saying that you have been diagnosed with a teminal illness and then refusing to take painkillers to allieviate some of the pain until a cure is found. We all want what is best for Newcastle United, it wouldnt matter if the current owner of the club was Ashley, Shepherd, Shearer or Mother Teresa. We would be calling for investment and ensuring that whatever is done is in the best interests of the club.

I would rather eat my own shit than personally sit down with Ashley but as I said in another thread, I would do it if needed because this club is dying on its arse and nobody on here has shouted louder than I have on that subject. I do however acknowledge that you physically cannot force someone to sell a football club if there is nobody out there willing to buy it and currently there is nobody, that is partly down to Ashely and partly to the current climate. Dont be fooled by the newspaper stories about two bids etc, they were bullshit nobody is interested in buying the club in its current state. We cannot do anything to change that but we can try and get Ashley to.

As far as Im concerned this isnt the end of it, we dont just sit there and think "ok hes here so lets forget about things" we now try and get him to invest, try and get him to sort a proper strucutre out and tell us what the hell is going on. Ultimately though everyone on the NUSC committee believes that he cannot do enough to turn around the way he and the board are perceived and will ultimately have to sell. Until then though lets get this club stable and give ourselves a chance of staying in the Premiership, that in itself will beneift all of us, we will still have a football club and he has a better chance of selling it.

If you want my own personal opinion though I dont think he will do anything to work with the fans or turn things round, everything Ive said in the thread I made the other week I believe still stands but I dont want to be right, I want people to laugh at me and say I was a wanker because of how wrong I got it, so until then I'll do whatever small thing I can to help that happen.

Again though the overall problem is with the numbers of members, we cannot do credible protesting or for that matter claim to represent the fans properly until we have a good enough membership base and enough of those members willing to carry out organised protesting. The NUSC only has the best interests of the club at its heart, it however cannot make any difference to it until it has a credible support. Until then we can do what we think is right and hope that people see us for what we are, a supporters club that want to get down to doing the supporters club things such as charity events, fans nights, away game meetings etc etc but cant because all this shit is going on.

An online survey by The Journal last week indicated 44% of Newcastle fans would be willing to take Ashley back and, while there is still considerable opposition to him because of the way he allowed Keegan to be treated, Shiels hopes he has learnt some valuable lessons.

50+% of that 44% being Sunderland fan voting yes. :icon_lol:;)

Good point re: the validity of online polls.

There was no decision to make though. People seem to be reading that statement as a be all and end all of the matter, its not. Its simply a sticking plaster to try and get us through the rest of the season.

Its like saying that you have been diagnosed with a teminal illness and then refusing to take painkillers to allieviate some of the pain until a cure is found. We all want what is best for Newcastle United, it wouldnt matter if the current owner of the club was Ashley, Shepherd, Shearer or Mother Teresa. We would be calling for investment and ensuring that whatever is done is in the best interests of the club.

I would rather eat my own shit than personally sit down with Ashley but as I said in another thread, I would do it if needed because this club is dying on its arse and nobody on here has shouted louder than I have on that subject. I do however acknowledge that you physically cannot force someone to sell a football club if there is nobody out there willing to buy it and currently there is nobody, that is partly down to Ashely and partly to the current climate. Dont be fooled by the newspaper stories about two bids etc, they were bullshit nobody is interested in buying the club in its current state. We cannot do anything to change that but we can try and get Ashley to.

As far as Im concerned this isnt the end of it, we dont just sit there and think "ok hes here so lets forget about things" we now try and get him to invest, try and get him to sort a proper strucutre out and tell us what the hell is going on. Ultimately though everyone on the NUSC committee believes that he cannot do enough to turn around the way he and the board are perceived and will ultimately have to sell. Until then though lets get this club stable and give ourselves a chance of staying in the Premiership, that in itself will beneift all of us, we will still have a football club and he has a better chance of selling it.

If you want my own personal opinion though I dont think he will do anything to work with the fans or turn things round, everything Ive said in the thread I made the other week I believe still stands but I dont want to be right, I want people to laugh at me and say I was a wanker because of how wrong I got it, so until then I'll do whatever small thing I can to help that happen.

Again though the overall problem is with the numbers of members, we cannot do credible protesting or for that matter claim to represent the fans properly until we have a good enough membership base and enough of those members willing to carry out organised protesting. The NUSC only has the best interests of the club at its heart, it however cannot make any difference to it until it has a credible support. Until then we can do what we think is right and hope that people see us for what we are, a supporters club that want to get down to doing the supporters club things such as charity events, fans nights, away game meetings etc etc but cant because all this shit is going on.

Some good points there and after my initial revulsion and the idea of 'forgiving' Ashley I'm beginning to come round to your way of thinking.

My point concern about NUSC is the decision making process and it's also a similar problem we also face with MPs. Are NUSC there to represent our views? Or are they there to make decisions on our behalf?

If they're going to represent the fans' views then there are obviously going to be problems with guaging those views and having a 'pure' democracy, similarly, if NUSC try and move away from the popular opinion then they could lose the support and confidence of the fans. It's a tricky situation and one in which there are no clear cut answers.

I've been saying ever since they brought back Local Hero before the match that Ashley has decided to stay put and is just slowly trying to arse lick us back onto his side. As much as I like Kinnear, all of his press conferences are soundbites for the Ashley regime. The Shearer story in the papers last week, I reckon Shearer has been approached to try and get us all to forget about the KK fuck up but Shearer quite rightly has said no way. I'm still of the opinion that Ashley fucked up big style and should fuck off, but am now resigned to the fact that he's probably going nowhere, judging by how the queues at the match for the pies and pints appear to be getting bigger and bigger every week.

Some good points there and after my initial revulsion and the idea of 'forgiving' Ashley I'm beginning to come round to your way of thinking.

My point concern about NUSC is the decision making process and it's also a similar problem we also face with MPs. Are NUSC there to represent our views? Or are they there to make decisions on our behalf?

If they're going to represent the fans' views then there are obviously going to be problems with guaging those views and having a 'pure' democracy, similarly, if NUSC try and move away from the popular opinion then they could lose the support and confidence of the fans. It's a tricky situation and one in which there are no clear cut answers.

Agreed, its a no win situation but again is one of the reasons why you need a paying membership and not giving it out for free otherwise it will be hijacked by opposition fans and even NUFC fans with hidden agendas and multiple accounts.

Ive detailed before the plans for the website, which I will be working on this weekend, that will contain a members area with a questionnaire in which can be updated at any time. This (if used properly) will allow us to see what the current feeling is at any time. It cant ask every question but the likes of this one would be in there.

To reiterate though for the likes of johnnyc, this is not a turnaround as far as the NUSC is concerned its simply making the best of what we are stuck with to try and ensure some kind of Premiership survival for the club. For the immediate future we have no alternative answers and JC can shout and slag off people all he likes but I dont see him coming up with a solution. When he does then Im sure people will happily listen to his pearls of wisdom.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

I’m a NUSC member and livid about the lack of consultation with members over this matter. It’s not like the committee unilaterally decided to redesign the logo or something. This is a significant shift. It’s not what it said on the tin and a motion should have been tabled at the next meeting. What was the rush?

All the good work and effort that’s been put into getting NUSC up and running will go to waste if the basic principles of representation are ignored.

My personal opinion for what it‘s worth? Give Ashley an inch and he’ll take a mile. He plays hardball and if NUSC don’t do likewise he’ll walk all over them and the club. Offering any kind of olive branch is a sign of weakness.

I’m a NUSC member and livid about the lack of consultation with members over this matter. It’s not like the committee unilaterally decided to redesign the logo or something. This is a significant shift. It’s not what it said on the tin and a motion should have been tabled at the next meeting. What was the rush?

All the good work and effort that’s been put into getting NUSC up and running will go to waste if the basic principles of representation are ignored.

My personal opinion for what it‘s worth? Give Ashley an inch and he’ll take a mile. He plays hardball and if NUSC don’t do likewise he’ll walk all over them and the club. Offering any kind of olive branch is a sign of weakness.

That's all I have asked. Who decided on the change of direction and who appointed them "spokesman".

"To reiterate though for the likes of johnnyc, this is not a turnaround as far as the NUSC is concerned its simply making the best of what we are stuck with to try and ensure some kind of Premiership survival for the club. For the immediate future we have no alternative answers and JC can shout and slag off people all he likes but I dont see him coming up with a solution. When he does then Im sure people will happily listen to his pearls of wisdom."

It may not be a turnaround as far as the NUSC is concerned, but looks that way to most people. Why not keep on boycotting Ashley and preventing him from getting any more money until he lets the supporters know more about the situation. Shoving JFK out every week with a new story about how much he misses going to the games etc is just bullshit. Why not try and get Ashley to say these people offered £x amount and this wasn't enough. If it was only £150M, the I would not blame him for not selling, but what if it was £270M, would you still say that was ok? I do not shout and slag off and since you run the website, would you care to let me know how many members are in the NUSC and how many emails you got agreeing/disagreeing with the statement by your Chairman???? My solution would be to continue the boycott - step it up if possible - and let him know that he will never be welcome back. As regards the imminent danger of relegation, if Ashley sells our better players and replaces them with inferior players, then we will get relegated and he loses even more money. Ashley has shown no respect for anybody connected with Newcastle, and its all down to him!!!!

"To reiterate though for the likes of johnnyc, this is not a turnaround as far as the NUSC is concerned its simply making the best of what we are stuck with to try and ensure some kind of Premiership survival for the club. For the immediate future we have no alternative answers and JC can shout and slag off people all he likes but I dont see him coming up with a solution. When he does then Im sure people will happily listen to his pearls of wisdom."

It may not be a turnaround as far as the NUSC is concerned, but looks that way to most people. Why not keep on boycotting Ashley and preventing him from getting any more money until he lets the supporters know more about the situation. Shoving JFK out every week with a new story about how much he misses going to the games etc is just bullshit. Why not try and get Ashley to say these people offered £x amount and this wasn't enough. If it was only £150M, the I would not blame him for not selling, but what if it was £270M, would you still say that was ok? I do not shout and slag off and since you run the website, would you care to let me know how many members are in the NUSC and how many emails you got agreeing/disagreeing with the statement by your Chairman???? My solution would be to continue the boycott - step it up if possible - and let him know that he will never be welcome back. As regards the imminent danger of relegation, if Ashley sells our better players and replaces them with inferior players, then we will get relegated and he loses even more money. Ashley has shown no respect for anybody connected with Newcastle, and its all down to him!!!!

The vast maj on this board dislike MA. But this isn't the time to hurt the club. I can't make it any simpler than that.

But it wont, what we are saying is that now our focus cannot be on getting him out, it has to be on ensuring the survival of the club we all love. If you can come up with an idea for removing him then please let us know what it is because we cant see any.

The days of "sack the board" dont work anymore, hes the owner, he cant and wont sack himself. The only way he can go is by someone buying him out which we all know now is not going to happen before the end of the season. Would you rather we pissed him off more to ensure he doesnt invest in January or try and make him see the sense in speculating to accumulate?

The fans cannot lose here under this strategy, if he invests then we have a better chance of Premiership survival, if he doesnt then we've lost nothing because currently he is not going to invest anyway. However in the great PR battle he will lose most if not all of those that currently think hes hard done by and that puts the fans in a much better position with the press etc.

But it wont, what we are saying is that now our focus cannot be on getting him out, it has to be on ensuring the survival of the club we all love. If you can come up with an idea for removing him then please let us know what it is because we cant see any.

The days of "sack the board" dont work anymore, hes the owner, he cant and wont sack himself. The only way he can go is by someone buying him out which we all know now is not going to happen before the end of the season. Would you rather we pissed him off more to ensure he doesnt invest in January or try and make him see the sense in speculating to accumulate?

The fans cannot lose here under this strategy, if he invests then we have a better chance of Premiership survival, if he doesnt then we've lost nothing because currently he is not going to invest anyway. However in the great PR battle he will lose most if not all of those that currently think hes hard done by and that puts the fans in a much better position with the press etc.

Survival is primary. In the summer we can get back to mischief.

Has someone made an offer like?

Guest Eleven Donkeys

I doubt I’m the only supporter who sees this as a bit more than a shift in focus, but only time will tell if failing to consult the membership was a prudent move.

As for Ashley? Supporters are divided on the ownership issue. There’s no unity position NUSC can adopt and they should probably take a back seat. Let events run their course and focus on boosting the membership. Come season ticket renewal time he’ll start to rethink his position, and that’s if we stay up. Imagine the scenes at SJP if we get relegated.

I stumped up £10 because I want NUSC to succeed, but it has to be about more than who owns the club. There’s a lot more to NUFC than Mike Ashley, but that’s all NUSC ever talks about. NUSC needs to start doing stuff that shows it’s a long term project, not just a pressure group.

Ashley’s shown his true colours and they’re not black and white. Nor will they ever be.

So do you think any of the previous regimes in say the last 30 years at SJP have been so much better than Ashley and his muckers?.....

Don't really want to piss on your chips - you could go back to the first half of those 30 years, although we are heading that way if he doesn't fuck off - but I don't think too many of us can complain about the last 2nd 15 years.