Staff Christmas Do

Magma

Mine is next Friday the 12th in London. Last year we want to some Italian in Knightsbridge then this poncey club called Movida in Central London afterwards. Free drink all night, canny I suppose, loads of Sarf London slags have started lately as well should be canny. Hope it's not Movida again though. Debating whether to come back Saturday or gan to Pompey on Sunday, donno what the last train home from Kings X is on Sundays.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my first one on Friday. Black-tie which is a load of shit, blatantly just a tactic to prevent us from going straight to the pub at 3pm and being shit-faced before the dinner.

Second one is departmental and much smaller and more informal, a better nights craic.

I'm off to Germany for ours later this week. So much for the environment. ;) Apparently we're going to the Christmas market in Rüdesheim on Friday afternoon to get nicely sloshed on Glühwein, then on to a nearby restaurant for much meat and merriment.

Does the Toon have a 'German xmas market' by the way? It's become a bit of an annual event in Mcr; hundreds of the buggers descend from Germany at the end of November and set up their stalls. I'm sure it's all 'highly authentic' like. :icon_lol:

I'm off to Germany for ours later this week. So much for the environment. ;) Apparently we're going to the Christmas market in Rüdesheim on Friday afternoon to get nicely sloshed on Glühwein, then on to a nearby restaurant for much meat and merriment.

Does the Toon have a 'German xmas market' by the way? It's become a bit of an annual event in Mcr; hundreds of the buggers descend from Germany at the end of November and set up their stalls. I'm sure it's all 'highly authentic' like. :icon_lol:

Aye, well 'Continental Market' anyway. There's one in Belfast too, selling such authentic Xmas fayre as Greek olives and Peruvian knitted hats. The German beer tent is canny like.

Aye, well 'Continental Market' anyway. There's one in Belfast too, selling such authentic Xmas fayre as Greek olives and Peruvian knitted hats. The German beer tent is canny like.

Aye sounds like you've got the same as us then. As you say the German beer tent is canny (if extortionate) but Jesus wepticles at the rest of it. Jumble of shit tbh.

There's two other bars at the one in Belfast, both of which are shit btw. The selling point of one is that it's in a big wigwam. Wtf? I don't even think the one in Newcastle has a beer tent. Probably for the best actually.

There was even one fo them continental markets in Blyth town centre last christmas!

.....Pills from Amsterdam, Smack from Afghanistan, Weed from Ashington iirc.

;)

I heard your company had a methodone stall.

There was even one fo them continental markets in Blyth town centre last christmas!

.....Pills from Amsterdam, Smack from Afghanistan, Weed from Ashington iirc.

;)

I heard your company had a methodone stall.

Aye well, the NHS wouldnt pay for one.

um pint of firewater tbh.

It's supposed to be a 'traditional Irish pub' as well though. And the wigwam has a thing on the side telling you it's made in Norway or Sweden (I forget which).

Mine is next Friday the 12th in London. Last year we want to some Italian in Knightsbridge then this poncey club called Movida in Central London afterwards. Free drink all night, canny I suppose, loads of Sarf London slags have started lately as well should be canny. Hope it's not Movida again though. Debating whether to come back Saturday or gan to Pompey on Sunday, donno what the last train home from Kings X is on Sundays.

It's a lot later than it is on a Saturday, usually. Mind, the last one stops fucking everywhere, dropping post off and all that shite.

Ours is a fortnight on Thursday - Free meal, free room for the night, free bar....

Great until I remind you that it's a Thursday. And no, no leave can be booked on the Friday ;)

Work from home - rarely see anybody as they all work from home too

There is a company one in Manchester but they have kindly advised me I will have to fork out for travel and accommodation but the meal and drinks are paid for

Don't know anybody who works there either!

What a bunch of Twats.

Bah Humbug

There is a company one in Manchester but they have kindly advised me I will have to fork out for travel and accommodation but the meal and drinks are paid for

What a bunch of Twats.

Bah Humbug

Your avatar btw ;)

What a bunch of Twats.

Bah Humbug

Exactly my situation with our UK office (in Nottingham). Or I could get flown to the German Christmas bash at their expense and where I actually know some of my colleagues. Let me think... ;)

travelling back to the main office in beautiful (ahem) Trail BC, where we will engage in a game of high stakes curling my plan is to throw the game and sit at the bar for the rest of the evening.....woohoo

but seriously should be a good time since i don't get to see much of my co-workers anymore as I am a one man satellite office, hopefully not too much snow on the passes

travelling back to the main office in beautiful (ahem) Trail BC, where we will engage in a game of high stakes curling my plan is to throw the game and sit at the bar for the rest of the evening.....woohoo

but seriously should be a good time since i don't get to see much of my co-workers anymore as I am a one man satellite office, hopefully not too much snow on the passes

Where's BC?

Where's BC?

British Columbia.......there is no canada option on the where are you from box, so jamaica was the closest (non-american) option

I reckon at least 50% of people don't want to be there at Christmas do's.

I'm not going to mine. ;)

But I am going to the one my recruitment agency has set up. Free drinks, central London. Once again, great until I mention it's a Wednesday. At least I don't have to start work til 1230... in Manchester. :icon_lol:

I reckon at least 50% of people don't want to be there at Christmas do's.

I'm not going to mine. :icon_lol:

But I am going to the one my recruitment agency has set up. Free drinks, central London. Once again, great until I mention it's a Wednesday. At least I don't have to start work til 1230... in Manchester. :icon_lol:

Can I be your date for the night? ;)