Oscar De La Hoya Vs Manny Pacquiao

Jimbo

23wqssp.jpg

Six-weight world champion Oscar de la Hoya will fight WBC lightweight world champion Manny Pacquiao in a non-title bout on 6 December in Las Vegas.

The fight, which the 35-year-old De la Hoya refused to label his last, will take place at the MGM Grand.

"My focus is on my next fight. I am not going to talk about retiring," said the American, who has won 10 world titles in all.

"I am going to give 100% of my focus to this fight and then we will see."

De la Hoya had been scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather on 20 September before his countryman announced his retirement in June this year.

De la Hoya rose to fame by winning a gold medal for the United States at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona where he earned the nickname "Golden Boy".

Since then he has won titles at six different weight classes and boasts a record of 39-5 that includes 20 knockouts. His last victory, over American Steve Forbes, came in May.

Filipino Pacquiao, 29, has built up a huge following back home and he believes he can upset his opponent by utilising his greater speed.

"I'm faster and younger and I think I can beat him, it is going to be a great fight," he said.

my mate has it on PPV, should be a good one. personally I hope de la Hoya gets his ass kicked, ever since he put out that album I've no respect and Manny IS very quick.

my mate has it on PPV, should be a good one. personally I hope de la Hoya gets his ass kicked, ever since he put out that album I've no respect and Manny IS very quick.

De La Hoya is in good company when it comes to crimes against music ;)

cd_manny-pacquiao.jpg

Whats your prediction Jimbo?

Not sure at all about this one, Speed versus Power, DLH is on the decline, but he might just be too big for Pacman, this fight is at Welterweight rather than Pacquiao's natural Lightweight.

Spoilers ahead.

Just watched the fight, total and utter humiliation for De La Hoya, I've never seen a fighter so dominated and out worked, out punched and outclassed over such a period.

It reminded me of Ali Vs Holmes, it was that much of dominant performance, for one time world class fighter to not win a round it was quite amazing, Hatton next for Pacquiao I hope, what a fight that could be.

watched it this morning and could not believe it, he was so outclassed it was unreal, great shame for a great fighter, also i sky +'d the froch fight and it ran out 1min into final round!!!!! :birthday:

I could've put a tenner on Pacquiao and won around £16 but instead I simply HAD to put it on Udinese to beat Atalanta instead... :drinks:

:birthday: You'll get over it.

I could've put a tenner on Pacquiao and won around £16 but instead I simply HAD to put it on Udinese to beat Atalanta instead... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: You'll get over it.

A tenner is three pints to a student man! :drinks:

it's a whole night out, isn't it? :birthday:

Froch fight was cracking last night.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

there you go, if DLH is at his weight and MP is above his, look for a beating by DLH. MP won't be as fast as usual.

HAHAHAHAHA...boy was I wrong, DLH looked like an old man, look for MP to retire undefeated (not soon or anything) he looked superhuman.

Had to be something with his weight, it was embarrassing in the end, a shame for DLH to go out like that.

I think it was a combination of DLH being in decline (he's 35 after all) and Pacquiao being at his peak, either way DLH should quit, he's the richest fighter in history based on PPV sales, not bad for a fighter who arguably lost all his major fights.