7 days to go.....

peasepud

Today is Sunday, Sunday the 16th October 2005 in just over 7 days the whistle will blow on yet another Tyne/Wear derby and I've already started that Makem match ritual, the whole "Shit yasel one minute super confident the next" routine. Most of us have 5 days now of working alongside them, taking the piss and having the usual 2-1 thrown back at us.

Makems will throw anything in the hope it sticks, its usually 2-1, sometimes its phone boxes others references to invading the pitch in the vain hope of stopping the game. What we dont want to do is give them ammunition for this week, we need to appear (whether its a bollocks front or not) as being behind the board, manager and especially the team yet Im already reading statements such as "If we lose next week he (Souness) will be out". Regardless of the consequences of next weeks match nobody wants us to lose, the abuse, ridicule and downright shite would be unbearable.

Im asking you all to forget the many many problems that we have, put to one side your personal feelings about Souness, Fred, even Amdy Faye (foooookin hell!) and spend the next week bigging up the Toon, telling any makem in earshot how well we're going to stuff them, how Owens getting a hat-trick and how great a manager Souness really is. Lets read threads about great derby days of old, about where you were when Liam O' stuck that beauty in the net etc etc.

Then next Monday we can have a day of rejoicing and laughter in the threads about what they're faces were like when Shearer got his third, how Big Mick lost his rattle and how shite they actually are. Tuesday you can all get abck to normal and have "Souness is shite" threads again :yes

After all, at the end of the day it could be worse....we could have Thick Mick.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46332[/snapback]

We'll struggle to beat them i reckon because their fitter and they'll want it more and tbh i would rather have thick mick than the jock. All my confidence in Newcastle has been slowly drained since the arrival of Souness and the half arsed performances his team produce.

Next weeks game will be the turning point for all the Pro-Souness possy, mark my words.

46332[/snapback]

We'll struggle to beat them i reckon because their fitter and they'll want it more and tbh i would rather have thick mick than the jock. All my confidence in Newcastle has been slowly drained since the arrival of Souness and the half arsed performances his team produce.

Next weeks game will be the turning point for all the Pro-Souness possy, mark my words.

46337[/snapback]

Awww shite! me threads gonna end up as a "I hate Souness" one, Im not pro-Souness just pro-Toon. All Im asking is that people dont go down the "Souness is shite" style of thread for the next 7 days. Lets have "Lets all laugh at Makems" or "Great goals against the scum" threads.

Awww shite! me threads gonna end up as a "I hate Souness" one, Im not pro-Souness just pro-Toon. All Im asking is that people dont go down the "Souness is shite" style of thread for the next 7 days. Lets have "Lets all laugh at Makems" or "Great goals against the scum" threads.

46342[/snapback]

To be fair what do we have to laugh about at the moment? We are not much better on current form.

I agree - anyone who isn't 110% behind the team next week should seriously consider not going and giving their ticket to someone else.

If we lose and anyone isn't as devestated as they should be because "ah well it hurts Souness" (whether it does or not) should be banned for life.

If it goes as far as a humiliation that gets some kind of "celebratory" reaction from a sizeable section of the ground then I hope we are relegated.

I agree - anyone who isn't 110% behind the team next week should seriously consider not going and giving their ticket to someone else.

If we lose and anyone isn't as devestated as they should be because "ah well it hurts Souness" (whether it does or not) should be banned for life.

If it goes as far as a humiliation that gets some kind of "celebratory" reaction from a sizeable section of the ground then I hope we are relegated.

46351[/snapback]

So, I take it you would have been happy if Gullit had won, Robson had never came, and shearer and Lee were sold then?

I want us to win, but I know this is only one game, and tbh it doesn't mean as much to me as a normal derby match - I can see a loss could ultimately be greatly beneficial to us. So what if a few mackems take the piss? After the match in the rain, didn't we have the last laugh? Yes, we did. Do I want to watch this shit week in, week out, for the sake of one match? No, I don't.

As for relegation, have a look at Scottish mag's other thread. The only way we are going to be relegated is if this clueless clown and entourage stay at the club.

I suspect it will be a boring negative draw, and Souness will just keep his job. He'll be gone by Christmas though.

46351[/snapback]

So, I take it you would have been happy if Gullit had won, Robson had never came, and shearer and Lee were sold then?

I want us to win, but I know this is only one game, and tbh it doesn't mean as much to me as a normal derby match - I can see a loss could ultimately be greatly beneficial to us. So what if a few mackems take the piss? After the match in the rain, didn't we have the last laugh? Yes, we did. Do I want to watch this shit week in, week out, for the sake of one match? No, I don't.

As for relegation, have a look at Scottish mag's other thread. The only way we are going to be relegated is if this clueless clown and entourage stay at the club.

I suspect it will be a boring negative draw, and Souness will just keep his job. He'll be gone by Christmas though.

46358[/snapback]

You're missing the point of whats being said though, all I want is for us to appear united for the next week, not sit slagging off the manager/ each other. As NJS points out, anyone who isnt fully behind the team shouldnt be there. Simple as.

We can all have our views, some valid, some shite, but for the next week we should stick to being positive and look forward to beating them. If you're so sure that we're going to be beat then why go? does it not hurt you so much that our bitterest most vocal rivals could turn us over in front of your eyes and make sure you know it that you'd rather stay at home and wash the car?

My bettings not.....

Get behind Souness, Get behind the team and get behind the board!

This may only be one game but its OUR game, the game we dread but are counting down the days!.

Its not just 3 points at stake its local pride and everything that goes with it!.

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!.

46351[/snapback]

46358[/snapback]

You're missing the point of whats being said though, all I want is for us to appear united for the next week, not sit slagging off the manager/ each other. As NJS points out, anyone who isnt fully behind the team shouldnt be there. Simple as.

We can all have our views, some valid, some shite, but for the next week we should stick to being positive and look forward to beating them. If you're so sure that we're going to be beat then why go? does it not hurt you so much that our bitterest most vocal rivals could turn us over in front of your eyes and make sure you know it that you'd rather stay at home and wash the car?

My bettings not.....

46364[/snapback]

Fair point peasepud, of course I will give the lads my backing 100% while I'm there. And I'll try not to post any negative stuff beforehand. But when NJS says that anyone who isn't devestated if we lose should be banned for life, then I'm going to have to disagree. I wasn't devestated after the Gullit match, and I won't be this time if the worst comes to the worst either. I'm sick and tired of watching this shite!

Like Renton I'll try not to hijack whats a good idea either pp...but what would cause the most dismay, losing to the mackems or Souness still being here in 3 or 4 months time and Hitzfeld [or the right manager whoever he is] ending up somewhere else ...

I'm quite willing to accept the "for good of the club" argument - there was a spell when Jim Smith was manager the season after we'd failed in the play-offs where I almost got to the "hope we lose" stage and if I was as vehementally as unhappy with Souness as some are and was offered a humiliation agsint West Brom or even Chelsea then I'd be tempted.

But this Sunderland.

Anyone who entertains the "maybe if we lose" thought for a second should not go to the match.

I also stand by my "banned for life" comment. In hindsight it may have been right for Gullit to leave but after that match all I could do was think about losing to them bastards. None of this "greater good" entered my head. Even when he left I didn't think "maybe losing was a good thing" as I thought that as others have said other events will take care of that.

Coming from South Shields I've had to occasionally put up with grief from "proper" Geordies from the city or just from north of the river who have questioned my right to be a toon fan and gone as far as to call me a mackem,

I tell you one thing - I have no doubts where I stand on Newcastle/Sunderland - it looks like some of you do.

I'm quite willing to accept the "for good of the club" argument - there was a spell when Jim Smith was manager the season after we'd failed in the play-offs where I almost got to the "hope we lose" stage and if I was as vehementally as unhappy with Souness as some are and was offered a humiliation agsint West Brom or even Chelsea then I'd be tempted.

But this Sunderland.

Anyone who entertains the "maybe if we lose" thought for a second should not go to the match.

I also stand by my "banned for life" comment. In hindsight it may have been right for Gullit to leave but after that match all I could do was think about losing to them bastards. None of this "greater good" entered my head. Even when he left I didn't think "maybe losing was a good thing" as I thought that as others have said other events will take care of that.

Coming from South Shields I've had to occasionally put up with grief from "proper" Geordies from the city or just from north of the river who have questioned my right to be a toon fan and gone as far as to call me a mackem,

I tell you one thing - I have no doubts where I stand on Newcastle/Sunderland - it looks like some of you do.

46371[/snapback]

I don't have any doubt either, I like us being near the top of the table and them being near the bottom

But this Sunderland.

46371[/snapback]

So when Robson came and we beat Sheff Wed 8-0, you didn't think, hmm, maybe it was for the best we lost against Sunderland? Presuming of course that he would have stayed if we had won, because undoubtedly he would have.

I hate to tell you this NJS, but you don't have the power to ban me for life for thinking differently to you. I appreciate I am not a proper fan like you for wanting what is best for the club long term, but there you go. Once again, I hope we win, but there's more to my life than being devestated if we lose this one, especially since I think it might be ultimately for the best.

46371[/snapback]

Who exactly would that be?

I have yet to see anyone in this thread state that they didn`t want to win next weeks game or support the lads whilst at the game.

Like Renton I'll try not to hijack whats a good idea either pp...but what would cause the most dismay, losing to the mackems or Souness still being here in 3 or 4 months time and Hitzfeld [or the right manager whoever he is] ending up somewhere else ...

46370[/snapback]

The most dismay for me would be losing to them and Souness still being here in those 3 months or so, theres no guarantee that a loss on Sunday would remove Souness. At the end of the day, hes just spent multiple millions, Freddy knows that hes already seen as a bit of a joke through changing managers more often than socks and no matter what, I reckon hes going to give him another couple of months.

I think the point Im making is that whatever will be will be, all us slagging off the manager, team, board, crowd, each other does is give that lot down the road ammunition. We always have been, always will be the top North East club, we're bigger and better than they ever will be. SO for 7 days lets take the piss and appear as a united group of fans, next Sunday after the game is a different matter.

46351[/snapback]

So you're having a go at fans for maybe accepting (or even wishing for) a defeat for NUFC, but if the fans reacted in a way you don't like you want us to be relegated!!! Thats some seriously fucked up logic :yes

Simple fact, every toon fan wants to win this match and anybody who says there are fans who don't want to is talking bollocks and knows fine well they are.

As for how devestated each fan is personally if we were to lose, well its nothing to do with you at all and the fact you think you can set the "level of devestation" every fan should feel before they be allowed back into St. James (or be banned) is beyond arrognace and into moronic territory.

What is the level of devestation i should feel (if the worst happens and we lose) as i'd really like to know before i ask you if i can come back to the next game. Does it have to be suicidal or can i get away with just being gutted at losing to that shower?

This is a game we have to win. How can anyone justify accepting the kind of flak we'd get if we were beaten. Is 1999 and 2000 really that long ago?

If people want some kind of sacrificial defeat- there are games against Birmingham and WBA for all that.

Sunday isn't even about the three points.

Having read through this thread I have to say that I'm disgusted by the attitude of a few; the "I don't mind losing against Sunderland so Souness gets the boot" brigade. It makes me sick to even think about losing to the Mackems and some of you actually want to!

When we lost to the Mackems under Gullit did you really want us to lose? I certainly didn't hear many people saying that at the time. So Sir Bobby came in after Gullit departed - some of you are talking as if you knew that would happen. Did you get your crystal balls from an internet site? If so I might order one now!

Yes, we can look back on that defeat under Gullit and ultimately say that ended up better in the long term. But we might not have done. We might not have ended up with Bobby in charge. So who's to say that losing to the Mackems will solve our problems? Here's a scenario: we lose to the Mackems, Souness is sacked and Shepherd appoints another baffoon. Great!

Why should it take a defeat against the Mackems to get our manager sacked? The fact is he's not good enough and Shepherd will realise this sooner or later even if we beat the Mackems. I'd certainly prefer the scenario of beating the Mackems and losing Souness later on.

Quite frankly, if some of you are going to turn up next week whinging on before the match has even started then don't bother going! As Peasepus says, this is the Mackems for fuck sake. Get a grip and support the Toon through thick and thin!

Having read through this thread I have to say that I'm disgusted by the attitude of a few; the "I don't mind losing against Sunderland so Souness gets the boot" brigade. It makes me sick to even think about losing to the Mackems and some of you actually want to!

When we lost to the Mackems under Gullit did you really want us to lose? I certainly didn't hear many people saying that at the time. So Sir Bobby came in after Gullit departed - some of you are talking as if you knew that would happen. Did you get your crystal balls from an internet site? If so I might order one now!

Yes, we can look back on that defeat under Gullit and ultimately say that ended up better in the long term. But we might not have done. We might not have ended up with Bobby in charge. So who's to say that losing to the Mackems will solve our problems? Here's a scenario: we lose to the Mackems, Souness is sacked and Shepherd appoints another baffoon. Great!

Why should it take a defeat against the Mackems to get our manager sacked? The fact is he's not good enough and Shepherd will realise this sooner or later even if we beat the Mackems. I'd certainly prefer the scenario of beating the Mackems and losing Souness later on.

Quite frankly, if some of you are going to turn up next week whinging on before the match has even started then don't bother going! As Peasepus says, this is the Mackems for fuck sake. Get a grip and support the Toon through thick and thin!

46398[/snapback]

It's Buffoon :yes

I don't think anyone really wants us to lose. I think some of us are just so disheartened we dont think we are going to win and are just getting our excuses in early so if the miracle does happen and they win we won't feel so bad.

46398[/snapback]

Again i ask - who has said this?

46398[/snapback]

Another high and mighty reply. No-one, not even me, have said we will be going to the match wanting us to lose. The problem is as you say we are dealing in hypotheticals here. So, hypthetically, if losing would gauranteed we'd get Hitzfeld or O'Neill, then personally I'd take that for the good of the club in the long term . Can you understand this? It has very little to do with my dislike of Souness, I simply want us to start playing again, something we haven't been doing now for over a year. However, as this is by no means guaranteed, or even likely, then there's not much point in wishing for the first part of it to happen, is there?

As for the Gullit match, I was there, catching pneumonia, watching the game in disbelief. Playing Robinson instead of Shearer, and saying the game wsn't a derby, was the final straw to me, and I thought at the time the mackems had done us one hell of a favour. And I was proved right.

46398[/snapback]

Who's said they don't want to win though? Renton starts by saying he wants to win, then makes other points and Leazes makes a point about Hitzfeld, but nobody has said they don't want to win as every toon fan will always want to beat the mackems.