7 days to go.....

peasepud

What if Hitzfeld is another Gross?

I did actually want him "last time" but the way people think its a bang on certainty that he would succeed is as presumptious as saying Souness will definitely fail.

46483[/snapback]

Well, as long as he isn't another Souness...

Of course there is no guarantee that Hitzfeld wouldl succeed and it's far from certain that he will even come. Though, to compare someone who won the CL with two different teams and has been the most succesful manager in one of Europe's major leagues in the last decade with a Swiss nobody is plainly ridiculous.

I also don't know what is presumptuous in saying that Souness will fail. That is an assessment by his work over the last twelve months in charge and a string of poor results and poor performances. But of course, it looks very likely that he will be succesful. Is this a flying pig I see outside my window?

46488[/snapback]

some people just won't admit they are wrong because they have been wearing rose tinted specs ©

46535[/snapback]

My position hasn't changed - of the managers on Freddies shortlist (and not any mythical one) I still think Souness was the best choice. If that changes and he will entertain the idea of a Hitzfeld then thats fantastic. If his next list starts Shearer, goes through Allarydyce and Bruce to O'Leary then I will have a similar view - none of them appeal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did actually want him "last time" but the way people think its a bang on certainty that he would succeed is as presumptious as saying Souness will definitely fail.

46483[/snapback]

Of course there is no guarantee that Hitzfeld wouldl succeed and it's far from certain that he will even come. Though, to compare someone who won the CL with two different teams and has been the most succesful manager in one of Europe's major leagues in the last decade with a Swiss nobody is plainly ridiculous.

I also don't know what is presumptuous in saying that Souness will fail. That is an assessment by his work over the last twelve months in charge and a string of poor results and poor performances. But of course, it looks very likely that he will be succesful. Is this a flying pig I see outside my window?

46488[/snapback]

some people just won't admit they are wrong because they have been wearing rose tinted specs ©

46535[/snapback]

My position hasn't changed - of the managers on Freddies shortlist (and not any mythical one) I still think Souness was the best choice. If that changes and he will entertain the idea of a Hitzfeld then thats fantastic. If his next list starts Shearer, goes through Allarydyce and Bruce to O'Leary then I will have a similar view - none of them appeal.

46539[/snapback]

We would be better off managerless than with this fuckwit. The negativity he has imposed on the players beggars belief!!!!!

46483[/snapback]

46488[/snapback]

46535[/snapback]

46539[/snapback]

We would be better off managerless than with this fuckwit. The negativity he has imposed on the players beggars belief!!!!!

46543[/snapback]

I'm sure I made a post a year ago on the other board [or one of them] saying that fuckwit would strangle the soul out of the players ...didn't take much of a crystal ball either

46483[/snapback]

46488[/snapback]

46535[/snapback]

46539[/snapback]

46543[/snapback]

I'm sure I made a post a year ago on the other board [or one of them] saying that fuckwit would strangle the soul out of the players ...didn't take much of a crystal ball either

46545[/snapback]

With a record like his, it does'nt take a genius to work out what is likely to happen, but I can't understand some of the few remaining PRO-SOUNESS brigade, are they unaware or totally out of touch with reality????

46483[/snapback]

46488[/snapback]

46535[/snapback]

46539[/snapback]

46543[/snapback]

46545[/snapback]

With a record like his, it does'nt take a genius to work out what is likely to happen, but I can't understand some of the few remaining PRO-SOUNESS brigade, are they unaware or totally out of touch with reality????

46547[/snapback]

Sorry like but NJS makes a good point and it's something I've been saying too. All this talk of Hitzfeld is fanciful bollocks. Shepherd is NOT INTERESTED in having a progressive foreign manager. He has a shortlist of run-of-the-mill British managers, and it's that shortlist that he'll go back to if and when he gets rid of Souness. You can all talk about Hitzfeld but it isn't going to happen. We'll get Shearer or we'll get one off the previous shortlist and we'll be very little better off than we are now.

46545[/snapback]

You would like a medal for it though, wouldn't you? Seriously, when he was hired it hit me in the pit of my stomach, I was horrified. He was probably my least favourite manager at that point. Backing up criminals like Lucas Neill, falling out with players left, right and centre. But when he was in I had to say get behind him because this is the best that could be got. I think you'll find most people's first reaction was one of horror.

NJS - I'd rather have both Allardyce and O'Leary than Souness, possibly even Bruce. Also did Shepherd not hire Gullit, he being a dirty foreigner.

NJS - I'd rather have both Allardyce and O'Leary than Souness, possibly even Bruce.  Also did Shepherd not hire Gullit, he being a dirty foreigner.

46558[/snapback]

I think its because of Gullit that Shepherd is now "anti-foreign".

On the other ones I don't like that they turned us down - one of the positive things about Souness is how he didn't hesitate - I know that will be twisted to him knowing he was on his way out but I still got the sense of him being eager to come to us - none of this "I haven't finished my work at Bolton" bollock.

NJS - I'd rather have both Allardyce and O'Leary than Souness, possibly even Bruce.  Also did Shepherd not hire Gullit, he being a dirty foreigner.

46558[/snapback]

On the other ones I don't like that they turned us down - one of the positive things about Souness is how he didn't hesitate - I know that will be twisted to him knowing he was on his way out but I still got the sense of him being eager to come to us - none of this "I haven't finished my work at Bolton" bollock.

46559[/snapback]

You'd think after KD he would be anti-Scottish :yes

46558[/snapback]

46559[/snapback]

I don't see Allardyce's loyalty to his current club as a negative. If he came now you know he'd give us the same. O'Leary as a person drives me nuts but as a manager I'd have him, seems very good on the youth side of things and he's a motivator. Milner looked good for him yesterday - put in a few decent crosses. Can someone please explain to me why he coudn't be taught that at Newcastle?

Yes Souness was eager, so was I. In retrospect maybe I should have pushed harder for it. Maybe the whole of Newcastle could have hated me for finishing 8th instead of us ending up 14th. Why is his eagerness a bonus but Allardyce's loyalty (and forward thinking) not? I bet Roeder would have been eager too.

You could be right about Gullit & Shepherd, I really have no idea, how much of that is speculation?

46558[/snapback]

46559[/snapback]

No, it won't be 'twisted', it's a fact that he was about to be sacked from Blackburn. Being offered the Newcastle job must have been the miracle he had asked for, of course he was going to accept it with open arms. Honestly, I seriously cannot believe that anyone could use this as an arguement to support Souness.

It goes without saying that a loss to Sunderland would be the final nail in the coffin for Mr. Souness but I do think that he's going to get the boot sonner or later this season. We can't keep on performing to the level we have been without Freddy getting nervous about his big European bonus.

So...Howay the lads!

Maybe the best result would be to have an appalling performance, but still some how fluking a win. This would have the desired effect of getting us 3 points, dropping Souness in the shit, but most importantly, pissing off the mackems.

Maybe the best result would be to have an appalling performance, but still some how fluking a win. This would have the desired effect of getting us 3 points, dropping Souness in the shit, but most importantly, pissing off the mackems.

46630[/snapback]

Shepherd lacks the brains to see what is actually happenign in terms of football, progression, coaching and the like, he sees results and perhaps listens to crowd reaction.

If we played the very worst 90 mins you have ever witnessed in your life and beat the mackems through an own goal of their keepers arse Fat Fred would be content, so we're better of hoping for a good performance if we win!