ohhh_yeah

God, your dumb

Not the best time to make an obvious error like that tbh. :birthday:

a typo = dumb ? :drinks:

You should stick to being thickmick's monkey lad, spouting the same shite that he does. I see you aren't going to comment on the merits of the DOF anymore, or our precarious league position and immediate future ?

Not that I give a shit what you think, but I'm sure somebody will.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats where your soopa mike and his DOF may well take us, with a big pay off for it.

I fail to see how being relegated will make Mike Ashley any money. I reckon it would cost him about £150m on his target sale price and that's why you'll be a bedgrudging sticking plaster effort in January.

Just stumbled into this thread now. Yet again some of the so-called fans of this club are absolutely embarrassing themselves. We need to wait till everything comes out I agree, but until then we have to go by our better judgment, and at the end of the day what has Mike Ashley done to prove he's more worthy of being trusted with regards to Newcastle United rather than Kevin Keegan?

Hear fucking hear. Quite right Jonny.

Thats where your soopa mike and his DOF may well take us, with a big pay off for it.

I fail to see how being relegated will make Mike Ashley any money. I reckon it would cost him about £150m on his target sale price and that's why you'll be a bedgrudging sticking plaster effort in January.

thats fair comment. But its too little too late, and is doing nothing other than confirming that all he ever wanted was top league survival.

Let's start by banning "40 yards", ok?

Next up, I hope Keegan gets every penny. For me, anything he wins from this suit will be compensation for the wages he would be earning if he were still our manager, which he rightfully should be. The club would be paying him this money anyway if not for that fat bastard and his interfering little monkeys. So to say he's "taking" something from the club is nonsense - he'd still be taking it from us, it's called a salary. And considering how much he's given to the club, I don't begrudge him one little bit.

Unlike Allardyce, who walked away with a fortune.

That's what this tribunal's all about though isn't it? If KK's in the right, then by all means I think he's more than entitled to the £8m or whatever it is that makes up his salary from now until it expires. If however, the tribunal rules in the club's favour in that he walked away in breach of contract, he deserves naff all.

Just stumbled into this thread now. Yet again some of the so-called fans of this club are absolutely embarrassing themselves. We need to wait till everything comes out I agree, but until then we have to go by our better judgment, and at the end of the day what has Mike Ashley done to prove he's more worthy of being trusted with regards to Newcastle United rather than Kevin Keegan?

i'm all aboard this ship, as much as i love keegan, quite blatently all the facts aren't out yet and until they are i'd rather see the money go towards the club and players transfers than somtething in the blur. as much as keegan walked out on us for his reasons, he still walked out and until i hear all sides [which unortunatly won't be until after the payout] i'm sticking with the clubs benefits first,

i'm all aboard this ship, as much as i love keegan, quite blatently all the facts aren't out yet and until they are i'd rather see the money go towards the club and players transfers than somtething in the blur. as much as keegan walked out on us for his reasons, he still walked out and until i hear all sides [which unortunatly won't be until after the payout] i'm sticking with the clubs benefits first,

Unfortunately we probably wont here any sides. I would gues Ashley will make an offer that means Keegan has to sign a gagging contract.

the trouble there is that not everything KK has alluded to is true otherwise why accept out of court? KKs case should be watertight and therefore he should hole out for full amount. Tbh though if Ashley was going to settle out of court then why hasn't he done it beforehand and saved more costs and trouble? Either he's extremely arrogant (likely) or does believe they have a good chance of winning.

the trouble there is that not everything KK has alluded to is true otherwise why accept out of court? KKs case should be watertight and therefore he should hole out for full amount. Tbh though if Ashley was going to settle out of court then why hasn't he done it beforehand and saved more costs and trouble? Either he's extremely arrogant (likely) or does believe they have a good chance of winning.

it may be true that he was wanting to buy players such as Henry, Lampard and Beckham [or one of them], which he would get flak from some quarters for.

But is this such a bad thing to want ?

it may be true that he was wanting to buy players such as Henry, Lampard and Beckham [or one of them], which he would get flak from some quarters for.

Not in the slightest and I think anyone that gives a manager grief for wanting the best is mental.

I cant see how a tribunal could rule in favour of the club because the manager was proven to want to buy top players, that still doesnt make it right to buy over his head.

Not in the slightest and I think anyone that gives a manager grief for wanting the best is mental.

I cant see how a tribunal could rule in favour of the club because the manager was proven to want to buy top players, that still doesnt make it right to buy over his head.

I agree. There will be one or two things in the backround, but I can't see where anything to stain KK's character or anything could come out of it, other than if he had some head to head rows with someone, maybe something which warranted a sacking, but even if this IS the case, they missed the boat by not taking it at the time. No big deal.

The only thing KK will be guilty of is wanting the club to be successful, and whatever one or two people may be saying now, only a complete moron wouldn't support someone who wanted the club to be successful when it comes down to it - anybody who says they wouldn't want top players into the club ie those who are supporting Ashley's prudency andy system instead, ie Baggy, are basically bullshitters and would sharp change their tune, although they wouldn't admit it.

I could probably explain this better, but I'm in a hurry to get going.

Yes, but if Keegan's walked because we couldn't get them, then

a) how pathetic is that?

and

b.) could you blame Ashley for letting Wise, Jimenez, etc. go for more realistic signings?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

a) how pathetic is that?

and

b.) could you blame Ashley for letting Wise, Jimenez, etc. go for more realistic signings?

But why would anyone believe Ashley's claims that Keegan wanted to sign such players over Keegan's word in the first place? Who's the more likely to be lying?... Even with the slightest shred of truth being there then it's unlikely Keegan said more than something along the lines of "Yeah, it'd be nice to sign those players", he's not a fool though. Ashley on the other hand is a proven liar.

a) how pathetic is that?

and

Yes, but it's just not true.

Keegan would have signed the lot of them, perhaps, had it been possible. But clearly it wasn't and Keegan would clearly known that just as well as any internet message-board warrior.

With the possible exception of Owen being touted around (great decision that was as today shows yet again :birthday: ), Keegan left over much more mundane players. :drinks:

a) how pathetic is that?

and

Howay man. Do you honestly think that's the case?

True legend. Great work 2J. Undoubtedly my happiest times as a football supporter.

Equally depressing to watch now :drinks:

There's a parallel universe out there where Keegan has been Newcastle manager for the last 16 years, and it's a very happy place indeed. :birthday: