ohhh_yeah

I can't see it either in all honesty. It was more of a hopeful wish. I can't see Ashley turning out to be anything over than a fat lying cunt either though.

How many times have you used the word cunt in this thread?

Dont stop, I like it :birthday:

you like cunt :drinks:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see it either in all honesty. It was more of a hopeful wish. I can't see Ashley turning out to be anything over than a fat lying cunt either though.

Dont stop, I like it :drinks:

you like cunt :icon_lol:

yes, yes I do, dont you? :birthday:

Whether he was right or wrong to walk, whether the "regime" was right or wrong, even with a clash between the two I still think had Keegan not walked, we'd be at least 7th in the table now imo.

I agree but we cant say that KKs a twat because of that. Whatever the reasons for going, he went. If it turns out that he was wrong then he should rightly get the blame for our current position. Like I say though Im fairly certain that will not be the case.

Dont stop, I like it :drinks:

you like cunt :icon_lol:

yes, yes I do, dont you? :birthday:

of course. I also like swearing

Whether he was right or wrong to walk, whether the "regime" was right or wrong, even with a clash between the two I still think had Keegan not walked, we'd be at least 7th in the table now imo.

If anything KK has done us a favour, but even now some of us it seems don't get it.

If anything KK has done us a favour, but even now some of us it seems don't get it.

Yeah we may have been doing better now, but we'd just have been storing up trouble for the future anyway.

But Keegan would never have stayed as it was (and he wouldn't be Keegan if he did - and for the nth time of repeating, Fergy, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, even Curbishly would have walked in the same position too. In fact the hard thing might be finding a top manager that would have not).

Yeah we may have been doing better now, but we'd just have been storing up trouble for the future anyway.

But Keegan would never have stayed as it was (and he wouldn't be Keegan if he did - and for the nth time of repeating, Fergy, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, even Curbishly would have walked in the same position too. In fact the hard thing might be finding a top manager that would have not).

People just need to consider for a moment how much easier it would have been for him to coast along picking up his 3m a year.

Yes, but the fact is we're looking like relegation fodder now and had Keegan stayed (even with the difficulties he was facing) the club would be doing better.

Who knows, maybe in time they could have worked something out. A good run in the league and maybe Ashley would have got carried away and got the bug seeing that we were doing well.

All ifs and buts and I have no love for Ashley, but Keegan has contributed heavily to the fuckup we are now "enjoying".

Yes, but the fact is we're looking like relegation fodder now and had Keegan stayed (even with the difficulties he was facing) the club would be doing better.

Who knows, maybe in time they could have worked something out. A good run in the league and maybe Ashley would have got carried away and got the bug seeing that we were doing well.

All ifs and buts and I have no love for Ashley, but Keegan has contributed heavily to the fuckup we are now "enjoying".

Maybe I'll find a suitcase full of money in my loft and be able to retire. You just never know :birthday:

Maybe I'll find a suitcase full of money in my loft and be able to retire. You just never know :drinks:

Have you looked? :birthday:

Edited by Asprilla

He has, but for the right reasons, or at least reasons that no one in their right mind wouldn't have expected.

Don't flick a tigers balls and then whine about getting bitten = don't employ Keegan and then whine when he told you to lump it because it wasn't "as advertised".

Frankly I think Ashley could have still salvaged it with Keegan right into October, IF he'd been prepared to shed "the management structure".

He has, but for the right reasons, or at least reasons that no one in their right mind wouldn't have expected.

Don't flick a tigers balls and then whine about getting bitten = don't employ Keegan and then whine when he told you to lump it because it wasn't "as advertised".

Frankly I think Ashley could have still salvaged it with Keegan right into October, IF he'd been prepared to shed "the management structure".

Exactly, 100%

Exactly, 100%

Depends how you look at it.

Ferguson and Souness both have a reputation for not taking any shit.

In one case it works, in the other case it doesn't.

You can say it was unworkable and all the rest of it, but I don't think it's that simple. Keegan has a special place in our hearts but he isn't viewed in the same way as Ferguson by the rest of the football public. I'm sure Ferguson has had to pick his battles over the years and now he can pretty much do what he likes.

I don't know the whole story and as I've said more times than I care to remember, Ashley is 90% at fault, but the fact is we'd be doing an awful lot better if Keegan was still here and had bided his time. Then he would have been in a stronger position (with Ashley) to tell people to fuck off.

Exactly, 100%

You can say it was unworkable and all the rest of it, but I don't think it's that simple. Keegan has a special place in our hearts but he isn't viewed in the same way as Ferguson by the rest of the football public. I'm sure Ferguson has had to pick his battles over the years and now he can pretty much do what he likes.

I don't know the whole story and as I've said more times than I care to remember, Ashley is 90% at fault, but the fact is we'd be doing an awful lot better if Keegan was still here and had bided his time. Then he would have been in a stronger position (with Ashley) to tell people to fuck off.

After what went on in the last few weeks of the summer transfer window, Keegan would have been Wise's poodle - that was never going to happen. Ferguson has never been in a similar situation, he's more or less always been backed, but I very much doubt he would react well to a similar one (Mourinho didn't and largely he was getting very good players forced on him).

Ashley should have known what he was getting (he was certainly well aware of some of what he was getting with Keegan), seemingly he didn't - right up until his talks with him at the end of September.

Exactly, 100%

After what went on in the last few weeks of the summer transfer window, Keegan would have been Wise's poodle - that was never going to happen. Ferguson has never been in a similar situation, he's more or less always been backed, but I very much doubt he would react well to a similar one (Mourinho didn't and largely he was getting very good players forced on him).

Ashley should have known what he was getting (he was certainly well aware of some of what he was getting with Keegan), seemingly he didn't - right up until his talks with him at the end of September.

I think Ashley thought a) He could handle KK :razz: It was worth the gamble as he would immediately get the supporters on his side.

I thought it was quite funny when they said they were trying to run the club on the Arsenal model and (along with Ferguson) Wenger came out in support of KK saying he wouldn't work under those circumstances.

Exactly, 100%

I think Ashley thought a) He could handle KK :razz: It was worth the gamble as he would immediately get the supporters on his side.

Yeah right to the end I think he thought it would be Keegan that would blink, another gamble that didn't pay off.

My point is that once a club is in freefall, anything can happen. I believe that's where we are now.

How many fucking years have we been talking about a transitional season?

We had a chance for ONCE to get our club back to the top end of the table where it belongs. Not "winning the league" or being deluded or any other nonsense people like to accuse us of being but solid, building a squad on the revenues of the 3rd biggest stadium in the country with a genuinely charismatic and talented manager.

I'm just so sick of the shit we keep getting. Crisis after crisis after fuck up after calamity after late equaliser after injury to key player and on and on and on and on.

Keegan shouldn't have walked out because if he'd stayed we'd be talking about who we might be signing in the transfer window from a position of momentum. Again, Ashley is the "mastermind" behind the failing and I'd like to see him have the guts to at least speak to the people he has betrayed, but I can't defend Keegan either because he didn't see the bigger picture. Of course he had a reason to be very fucking pissed off, but to leave us high and dry???

Come on, have a word, he left us (the fans) absolutely well and truly in the shit.

Edited by Asprilla

people keep saying Keegan should have maybe stayed on and bide his time etc.

because they didn't listen to him or were so inept at they're own scouting, our squad would still be the mess it is now, and theres nothing to say Keegan would've made results much better

(granted I think they would've been)

But it is asking the man to risk his reputation at the club he loves through no fault of his own etc

just say he had stayed on under those conditions and results had gone badly like they have... how many fans would have had second thoughts about the guy even with the backroom trouble, which we'd have seen/heard less about if he had stayed on.

I'm sure theres a fair few who would change opinions

Yup,

plus how much more pissed off would people be if we were in the same position with Keegan, he got no spends in January and walked on Feb 1st?

Then we'd really have been in the shit, he gave the club plenty time to sort the mess out when he left, they havent done that.

My point is that once a club is in freefall, anything can happen. I believe that's where we are now.

We had a chance for ONCE to get our club back to the top end of the table where it belongs. Not "winning the league" or being deluded or any other nonsense people like to accuse us of being but solid, building a squad on the revenues of the 3rd biggest stadium in the country with a genuinely charismatic and talented manager.

I'm just so sick of the shit we keep getting. Crisis after crisis after fuck up after calamity after late equaliser after injury to key player and on and on and on and on.

Keegan shouldn't have walked out because if he'd stayed we'd be talking about who we might be signing in the transfer window from a position of momentum. Again, Ashley is the "mastermind" behind the failing and I'd like to see him have the guts to at least speak to the people he has betrayed, but I can't defend Keegan either because he didn't see the bigger picture. Of course he had a reason to be very fucking pissed off, but to leave us high and dry???

Come on, have a word, he left us (the fans) absolutely well and truly in the shit.

Depends what really happened behind the scenes, doesn't it? I'd guess he was lied to and completely undermined though. The buck stops with Ashley anyway. It did with Shepherd and it's no different now. If he thought he could manipulate KK the way he pushes about his staff at Sports Soccer (at a guess) he's a bigger idiot than I gave him credit for.

Depends what really happened behind the scenes, doesn't it? I'd guess he was lied to and completely undermined though. The buck stops with Ashley anyway. It did with Shepherd and it's no different now. If he thought he could manipulate KK the way he pushes about his staff at Sports Soccer (at a guess) he's a bigger idiot than I gave him credit for.

Makes me feel ill thinking about it. He had the one man in situ who could galvanize pygmies at a basketball game.