ohhh_yeah

It makes me laugh reading about how you want Keegan to take £8M from your club. Keegan bottled it just like he bottled every managerial job he's ever had, he left because he couldn't handle it.

Now you are so deluded that you are cheering on his efforts to deprive the club of £8M that you could be spending on players.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me laugh reading about how you want Keegan to take £8M from your club. Keegan bottled it just like he bottled every managerial job he's ever had, he left because he couldn't handle it.

Now you are so deluded that you are cheering on his efforts to deprive the club of £8M that you could be spending on players.

I agree with the sentiment however we all know that the £8million will not be spent on players regardless. It will sit in Ashleys pocket so for that reason I would be more than happy to see KK win.

Regardless however I want to see whoever is telling the truth win, that for me is more than likely to be KK therefore he deserves his cash.

Us the first time: He didn't bottle, he left as a matter of principal because he didn't want to promote the PLC.

Fulham: He didn't bottle, he was recruited by the FA on the advice of Jimmy Armfield for the England job.

England: He did the decent thing when he though he was out of his depth, rather than hanging on for a massive pay-off. Can't hold that against him.

Man City: He didn't bottle, he agreed with the chairman that he would continue until the end of the season, but didn't want a new contract. When the players got wind it was decided it would be better if he let Stuart Pearce take over straight away.

Us the second time: He didn't bottle, he was forced into an untenable position and in all likelihood will win his claim for constructive dismissal.

Don't let that get in the way of your massive preconceptions though.

How much did that book of footballing clichés cost you btw?

How much did that book of footballing clichés cost you btw?

He even managed to shoehorn a 'deluded' in there. Two already marked off in the clueless arseholes bingo

To be honest you are probably correct peasepud that any settlement amount is unlikely to affect how much Ashley is willing to spend in January.

I'm not sure that bottling is exclusively a footballing cliche, it is used in all kinds of professional sporting contexts, where the ability to hold ones nerve is obviously particularly prized. Outside NUFC circles it is widely accepted that Keegan has a reputation for leaving when things get sticky. If Keegan got another managerial job, would you bet your house on him not resigning from his post within a couple of years? No you wouldn't!

Good explaination Dr Ken, and don't get me wrong, I respect Keegan for not being greedy re managerial posts (until now!), but I can't think of any other manager who has resigned "on principle" (ie before he got sacked) so many times. Name a manager who has resigned more times than Keegan.

To be honest you are probably correct peasepud that any settlement amount is unlikely to affect how much Ashley is willing to spend in January.

I'm not sure that bottling is exclusively a footballing cliche, it is used in all kinds of professional sporting contexts, where the ability to hold ones nerve is obviously particularly prized. Outside NUFC circles it is widely accepted that Keegan has a reputation for leaving when things get sticky. If Keegan got another managerial job, would you bet your house on him not resigning from his post within a couple of years? No you wouldn't!

Good explaination Dr Ken, and don't get me wrong, I respect Keegan for not being greedy re managerial posts (until now!), but I can't think of any other manager who has resigned "on principle" (ie before he got sacked) so many times. Name a manager who has resigned more times than Keegan.

Please fuck off.

Is this Danny again btw?

More than likely.

Keegan:

Newcastle - resigned

Fulham - offered England job

England - resigned

Man City - contract expired

Newcastle - constructively dismissed?

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Crystal Palace - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Name a manager who has resigned more times than Keegan.

Without checking, I'd take a punt on Steve Bruce.

Not far off, but Bruce has only resigned from 4 managerial jobs as opposed to Keegans 5.

Not by by reckoning. Pretty sure he left with Fulham's blessing after getting them promoted, his contract ran down at citeh and his departure earlier in the year is still to be determined (although the LMA did release a statement saying he had not resigned).

As I said, don't let those preconceptions get in the way :birthday:

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Hope he wins his claim and gets the full 8m.

I hope Keegan is shown up as a quitter and all of Ashley's claims are proven correct.

It won't happen, but it would be FAR better for the future of NUFC.

Edited by Happy Face

I hope Keegan is shown up as a quitter and all of Ashley's claims are proven correct.

Alternatively it all comes out that it's the other way round and Ashley's position becomes untenable which would be best for the club in the long term.

Alternatively it all comes out that it's the other way round and Ashley's position becomes untenable which would be best for the club in the long term.

There still wont be a buyer though and maybe after that they will be harder to find, would you buy a football club off a man who was proven in a court of law to have lied?

There still wont be a buyer though and maybe after that they will be harder to find, would you buy a football club off a man who was proven in a court of law to have lied?

I'd check the books first anyway. Only a moron wouldn't do that :birthday:

Is this Danny again btw?

More than likely.

Keegan:

Newcastle - resigned

England - resigned

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Whether he left Fulham for the England job or not he still resigned, in the same way Bruce left Birmingham to sign for Wigan.

He also left Man City before his contract expired because he'd lost the dressing room, he was planning on leaving when his contract expired in the Summer though.

Is this Danny again btw?

More than likely.

Keegan:

Newcastle - resigned

England - resigned

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Whether he left Fulham for the England job or not he still resigned, in the same way Bruce left Birmingham to sign for Wigan.

He also left Man City before his contract expired because he'd lost the dressing room, he was planning on leaving when his contract expired in the Summer though.

Ahhh so resigning because you have a new job is now bottling it eh? :birthday:

Is this Danny again btw?

More than likely.

Keegan:

Newcastle - resigned

England - resigned

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Ahhh so resigning because you have a new job is now bottling it eh? :birthday:

Where did I say that?