Newcastle - constructively dismissed?

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Crystal Palace - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Whether he left Fulham for the England job or not he still resigned, in the same way Bruce left Birmingham to sign for Wigan.

He also left Man City before his contract expired because he'd lost the dressing room, he was planning on leaving when his contract expired in the Summer though.

Ahhh so resigning because you have a new job is now bottling it eh? :birthday:

Where did I say that?

Because the conversation is about him "bottling" the jobs, thats why Dr Ken put the list up to disprove the claims however on that logic I can see that the Birmingham one wouldnt count for Bruce either.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he wins his claim and gets the full 8m.

I hope Keegan is shown up as a quitter and all of Ashley's claims are proven correct.

It won't happen, but it would be FAR better for the future of NUFC.

I don't follow that.

The job wasn't attractive to anyone even when Keegan arrived, but now he's walked and told the world that he had no control over transfers it's even less so. Once he's proven correct it does nothing to make us an attractive proposition.

If it turns out Keegan manipulated the situation though, in an attempt to get out of a job he didn't actually want, then it would regain our owner and chairman a bit of the integrity they've lost and perhaps allow someone better than Kinnear to think they could fancy a bash at the job.

Keegan winning has no positives for the club as far as I can tell. Wanting Keegan to win is to want more turmoil at NUFC.

I hope Keegan is shown up as a quitter and all of Ashley's claims are proven correct.

I don't follow that.

The job wasn't attractive to anyone even when Keegan arrived, but now he's walked and told the world that he had no control over transfers it's even less so. Once he's proven correct it does nothing to make us an attractive proposition.

If it turns out Keegan manipulated the situation though, in an attempt to get out of a job he didn't actually want, then it would regain our owner and chairman a bit of the integrity they've lost and perhaps allow someone better than Kinnear to think they could fancy a bash at the job.

Keegan winning has no positives for the club as far as I can tell. Wanting Keegan to win is to want more turmoil at NUFC.

The truth isn't a statistic muppet.

I don't follow that.

What's the benefit of a Keegan win then Fraggle?

I don't follow that.

It will shut cunts like you up.

I don't follow that.

You missed off the wink mate.

:birthday:

It makes me laugh reading about how you want Keegan to take £8M from your club. Keegan bottled it just like he bottled every managerial job he's ever had, he left because he couldn't handle it.

Now you are so deluded that you are cheering on his efforts to deprive the club of £8M that you could be spending on players.

Us the first time: He didn't bottle, he left as a matter of principal because he didn't want to promote the PLC.

Fulham: He didn't bottle, he was recruited by the FA on the advice of Jimmy Armfield for the England job.

England: He did the decent thing when he though he was out of his depth, rather than hanging on for a massive pay-off. Can't hold that against him.

Man City: He didn't bottle, he agreed with the chairman that he would continue until the end of the season, but didn't want a new contract. When the players got wind it was decided it would be better if he let Stuart Pearce take over straight away.

Us the second time: He didn't bottle, he was forced into an untenable position and in all likelihood will win his claim for constructive dismissal.

Don't let that get in the way of your massive preconceptions though.

Aye, if he'd "bottled it" he'd currently be Wise's Poodle.

Probably we'd be doing better than we are :birthday:, but I can't fault Keegan for being what he is.

I don't follow that.

It might force Ashley's hand. Personally I can't see any great benefit with Ashley staying either, most of the damage is done and I can't see us attracting much even if he comes out with some grand statement about not selling and taking NUFC forward.

A clean start at least gives us a chance, assuming we can get a decent buyer.

I don't follow that.

You missed off the wink mate.

:birthday:

Apologies Nicos. :drinks:

I don't follow that.

It might force Ashley's hand. Personally I can't see any great benefit with Ashley staying either, most of the damage is done and I can't see us attracting much even if he comes out with some grand statement about not selling and taking NUFC forward.

Force his hand with what? He can't sell the club, there's not been an offer in over 3 months. He's not going to just walk away and give the keys to the NUSC committee.

I don't follow that.

Force his hand with what? He can't sell the club, there's not been an offer in over 3 months. He's not going to just walk away and give the keys to the NUSC committee.

He might sell it for a realistic price.

I don't follow that.

Aye. :birthday:

Admittedly if it's true that he is already asking for £200m and he's still getting no bites, then we're probably in real trouble, as much because if he lowers the price too much who knows what sort of buyer we may end up with.

I don't follow that.

I can't see him taking a loss either way.

I can't see the case going as far as a ruling either like.

As it stands though, I'd prefer someone outside the club to be the one discredited, not someone inside it. Looking at it the other way reminds me of the people that would hope for a loss when Allardyce was in charge so he'd get the sack. Understandable, but not the way I roll.

Edited by Happy Face

It makes me laugh reading about how you want Keegan to take £8M from your club. Keegan bottled it just like he bottled every managerial job he's ever had, he left because he couldn't handle it.

Now you are so deluded that you are cheering on his efforts to deprive the club of £8M that you could be spending on players.

Us the first time: He didn't bottle, he left as a matter of principal because he didn't want to promote the PLC.

Fulham: He didn't bottle, he was recruited by the FA on the advice of Jimmy Armfield for the England job.

England: He did the decent thing when he though he was out of his depth, rather than hanging on for a massive pay-off. Can't hold that against him.

Man City: He didn't bottle, he agreed with the chairman that he would continue until the end of the season, but didn't want a new contract. When the players got wind it was decided it would be better if he let Stuart Pearce take over straight away.

Us the second time: He didn't bottle, he was forced into an untenable position and in all likelihood will win his claim for constructive dismissal.

Don't let that get in the way of your massive preconceptions though.

not to mention the fact that the team he put together that came 90 minutes from winning the title would wipe the floor with most teams put together by those with "tactical astuteness" who get all the plaudits going for waiting around to be sacked when they lose the plot or whatever

Cue Hoddle, MacLaren, Sven [yes I know he won the italian title] but Keegan has more honour and integrity than all of those put together, and they were all applauded by the southern press as being "the right man for the England job"

To be honest you are probably correct peasepud that any settlement amount is unlikely to affect how much Ashley is willing to spend in January.

I'm not sure that bottling is exclusively a footballing cliche, it is used in all kinds of professional sporting contexts, where the ability to hold ones nerve is obviously particularly prized. Outside NUFC circles it is widely accepted that Keegan has a reputation for leaving when things get sticky. If Keegan got another managerial job, would you bet your house on him not resigning from his post within a couple of years? No you wouldn't!

Good explaination Dr Ken, and don't get me wrong, I respect Keegan for not being greedy re managerial posts (until now!), but I can't think of any other manager who has resigned "on principle" (ie before he got sacked) so many times. Name a manager who has resigned more times than Keegan.

there's a few wankers turning up on here lately or are you just the same person

Is this Danny again btw?

More than likely.

Keegan:

Newcastle - resigned

Fulham - offered England job

England - resigned

Man City - contract expired

Newcastle - constructively dismissed?

Bruce:

Sheff U - resigned

Huddersfield - sacked

Wigan - resigned

Crystal Palace - resigned

Birmingham - resigned

Wigan - ?

Whether he left Fulham for the England job or not he still resigned, in the same way Bruce left Birmingham to sign for Wigan.

He also left Man City before his contract expired because he'd lost the dressing room, he was planning on leaving when his contract expired in the Summer though.

Ahhh so resigning because you have a new job is now bottling it eh? :birthday:

thickmicks monkey strikes again

I don't follow that.

I can't see him taking a loss either way.

I can't see the case going as far as a ruling either like.

As it stands though, I'd prefer someone outside the club to be the one discredited, not someone inside it. Looking at it the other way reminds me of the people that would hope for a loss when Allardyce was in charge so he'd get the sack. Understandable, but not the way I roll.

I can't see it either in all honesty. It was more of a hopeful wish. I can't see Ashley turning out to be anything over than a fat lying cunt either though.

I can't see it either in all honesty. It was more of a hopeful wish. I can't see Ashley turning out to be anything over than a fat lying cunt either though.

How many times have you used the word cunt in this thread?

Dont stop, I like it :birthday: