iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Mate of mine got an S3 the other week, it is massive as gemmil says, very flimsy feeling plastic back as well.

I have a nexus S which is about 18 months old now though with a similar plastic back cover and it's never missed a beat, the size would put me off an S3 though

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If build quality is important, get the HTC. I've got the S2 and whilst it's a good phone, it's pathetically flimsy when compared with an HTC.

Feels cheap to hold in comparison.

Just started using Whatsapp its a great text/messenger app, it allows you to send messages free to other whatsapp users even iPhone to Blackberry, it also searches your contacts and alerts you if anyone in your contacts uses the app too, only 59p.

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Free now.

A lot of people seem to be going with it, even on the apple store, even with iMessage available now.

Much better option than iMessage, being cross Platform.

would that work for international messaging too?

Aye.

Had it on my HTC before and deleted it because not many other contacts available. Like Draw Something though, it seems to be on the way to the tipping point....among my circle anyway.

The group messaging is great, I've hardly done any work today cos it's like I'm in the pub. Wheras before you'd only have half your mates on Twitter, half on Facebook, half on Iphones, this can cut through all that shite.

Whatsapp announced in March that it hit 2 Billion text message per day volume – just five months after it smashed through the 1 Billion daily volume barrier. Rivals like Pinger talk about that kind of volume on a monthly – not daily – basis. There is now a sense that Whatsapp may be pulling ahead of the text message app pack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuittinen/2012/03/27/the-apple-whatsapp-messaging-juggernaut/

I've been keeping an eye on battery usage today and it seems to be the same as normal.

I was worried because it's pretty bloody fast, so I assumed being web based it must be constantly checking for messages to report (a thing that's also shite about mobile Twitter/Facebook/Instagram type options, even on 5 minutely updates).

....I just checked and it was January that it changed to a push service rather than pull....hence no checks required and a healthy phone just waiting for messages to land.

http://forums.crackb...anymore-689053/

Cheers man . I might give it another go then if it's changed it's modus operandi . Ta .

Ed - . . thinking on, I'm sure I previously had Instagram installed at same time so from what you say above that could have been the culprit .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Cheers man . I might give it another go then if it's changed it's modus operandi . Ta .

Ed - . . thinking on, I'm sure I previously had Instagram installed at same time so from what you say above that could have been the culprit .

Nah, Instagram is no worse than FB or Twitter, and they aren't too bad once you set the update interval to your liking. I remember Whatsapp being a right fat bastard of an app before too.

• 2 months later...

Time for 500million people to pay through the nose to upgrade their phone half way through their contracts again!

The phone is already a few years out of date anyway. They were forced to release papers during their recent court case that showed the iphone 3, 4 and rumoured 5 designs. The plans were produced years ago!

Well they bring one out yearly now, I'm sure they already know what the 5S changes will be that will likely follow next year.

My contract renews in Jan so I'll just get a free upgrade then.

Samsung S3 and HTC oneX are superior to the 4S even according to the most pro Apple gadget magazines.

I've decided to wait until the iPhone 5 hits the shelves before deciding my next phone. It'll have to be amazing though to keep me using that abortion that is known as iTunes.

It was slow, too big, really user-unfriendly and androids latest os isnt great (personally prefer the one before it, which I had on my old phone). Also there seems to be a lot of anti-apple fanboys who are so much worse than apple fanboys, I was just surprised they went in about the s3 so much when it didn't seem that great IMO. Also got a friend who works at orange and he says he'd never recommend it, apparently that HTC is deece though, but all androids on the same os seem the same to me