iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decent

Keep up you old fart :whistling:

oh I get what it means, I object to it being used though its one fucking letter shorter than decent, did it save time typing it that way?

fucking deece, honestly.

oh I get what it means, I object to it being used though its one fucking letter shorter than decent, did it save time typing it that way?

fucking deece, honestly.

Probably didn't save time, but objecting to it wastes time, I know which I'd prefer.

Pen a strongly worded letter of complaint to the BBC old chap, get right up in their grill an that

points of view won't know what fucking hit them!

Looks like a fake to me based upon the plethora of rumours flying around. There seems to be some legs in the idea of a taller iPhone (which I'm not sure about) and more than a few sites have been running the change in doc connector (which will be a massive PITA if true) but cosmetically its not going to be hugely different. I have to say, I don't care if it looks largely the same, the design works. You dont see most manufacturers making wholesale changes to their designs very often. The last few iterations of HTC devices and Samsung devices in particular have been creeping ever closer to the iPhone design and layout and even the OS has a more iOS feel.

I think all of the smartphones are reaching a bit of a stalemate imo, there's only so much they can do until the next big technology breakthrough is made. Same with computer CPU's for example. Years ago they were doubling in speed and adding in new tech. Now, the curve has slowed and it needs to make the next leap before the surge of development starts again.

I'll get a 5. My 4 is two years old and my 12 month contract expires on the 28th Oct. I cant stand the feel Android as an OS and the apps just feel poor in comparison.

Given the amount of Apple kit I have, I'm sure I probably count as a fanboy, but that's not the reason why I'll be sticking with them - I just like how the stuff works. I guess I'm pretty invested now too with apps for both phones (the mrs & I), my ipad, & 2x macbooks. I'm expecting a hardware upgrade, but it will likely be in keeping with the more rapid release of Android phones. In fairness Samsung and the like were late to the party and so had to make massive leaps to catch up - hence the rapid releases and in some cases, with higher tech than the equivalent iphone at that time. Android phones always feel like cheap throwaway copies imo. It's not a rational opinion I know, given how much they cost etc. Maybe I am a fanboy after all. Thing is, a Mondeo and a 3 series are both similar sized cars and do the same job (and can have comparable spec). I know which I'd rather have though and you can tell the difference when you sit in each of them.

Arghhh! Heap of shit. My on/off button has stopped working, in addition to my home button (only partially works). Two buttons and they're both fucked. This is forcing me to trade in this weekend for an android, but will wreck my resale. Wish I'd done this last month as I had planned, bet the iPhone 5 is gash anyway.

Edited by Renton

I use macs, the last thing i'd want is a fucking Android phone. My 4S is an iPod which I can use as a phone and to access the internet. I've got tv shows downloaded from the BBC on it but have never watched them. I need a phone to do a limited set of tasks, be a phone, send email, access internet, read news apps and be an iPod.

What other things do people use these Android phones for? Which part of it being a phone/email/internet/news app/ipod require 'customisation'?

From the tech blogs i read, the opinion within the developer community is that the Android ecosystem philosophy produces poorer quality apps

Meanwhile in the discussion on Branch (side note: it's already useful) about Android fragmentation, there's a comment from Matt Brezina - co-founder and chief executive of Sincerely, and previously the founder of Outlook inbox organiser Xobni:

I'm on the front lines - building both iPhone & Android apps. I won't comment on the revenue disparity between the two - that is for a different branch. But I will say we release lower quality, less tested apps on Android because we can never test all devices - we test live with our customers. It sucks. Luckily the Android customers know to submit their android device & OS whenever they send us bug reports.

Fragmentation in my experience has produced less, and lower quality apps.

My understanding is that all the souped up specs that get geek blogs excited are required to handle the inefficiencies in the Android app ecosystem.

Well maybe I inherited a lemon but ffs, it will cost me more to get these buttons repaired than the phone is worth. It's been treated well, never dropped, not a scratch on it. Look on forums about these button problems, hundreds of complaints and no solutions. Definitely a hardware design fault. And then there's iTunes which is hardly compatible with a pc.