iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Once you've had an Android, iphones just feel like Fisher Price versions.

I'm not looking to get into any argument about it, cos I don't really care what phones other people have. Just giving my opinion having owned both - my lass has the latest iphone too and I wouldn't swap it for an S2.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not looking to get into any argument about it, cos I don't really care what phones other people have. Just giving my opinion having owned both - my lass has the latest iphone too and I wouldn't swap it for an S2.

That's exactly how I feel, just the opposite way around :razz: both parents and my sister in law have android phones, as does a sizeable chunk of the guys where I work.

As someone who is involved in developing apps, I can definitely say that the andriod apps are of poorer quality. The hoops we have to jump through to meet apples strict qa and standards is immense.

Arghhh! Heap of shit. My on/off button has stopped working, in addition to my home button (only partially works). Two buttons and they're both fucked. This is forcing me to trade in this weekend for an android, but will wreck my resale. Wish I'd done this last month as I had planned, bet the iPhone 5 is gash anyway.

Home buttons are prone to getting shit under them. They can be cleaned and I have had new hand sets because of it.

Incidentally the early reports of the new iPhone are that apple have spent more time in developed after customer historically complain on new gen models (see 3 and 4) that are corrected in s models. They have a lot of loyalty renewing but know they can't keep doing that.down side is the screen maker have said they cannot reach the demand so will be launch delays (buy apple always use that plot, creat demand by restriction on availability).

Most people I know that go from iphone to android want to go back.

fyp ;)

all better than windows phones and blackberries least we can all agree there

fwiw the htc one x is a lot of phone for the money compared to the more expensive flagship phones.

Ha. The thing is though, bollocks or not; they enforce a set of rules which mean you have to develop apps to a good standard. It's a PITA in some respects, but the overall benefit is there to see. Getting a client to pay for the extra Dev time though.........

Not looking to disagree with you, as you say who is arsed about what phone people have. I really dont get the comment about fisher price though. I have actually had a Fisher Price phone since last Christmas and I have to say the OS leaves a lot to be desired, its bright orange, the screen is really small and the best app is for counting pieces of fruit. My 4S totally burns it.

iPhone apps are ubdeniably better quality than like for like apps in android.

The difference for me is I can normally barter down the contract of the newest android handset to £20pm for 18months.

Try getting the iPhone 5 for less than £30pm for 24months.

Thats £360 more for the iphone over 2years.

I've had my iphone for bloody ages...it's the 3g (not the 3gs...the old 3g) and it has always done the job perfectly for me. The only app I have that isn't included as standard is facebook. I don't see the need for all this app malarkey. I just need phone, email, web, message, alarm. The fact it all works happily along with my mac helps too. I intend to get the iphone 5 in a week or so hopefully just for the speed increase and battery life.

I've had my iphone for bloody ages...it's the 3g (not the 3gs...the old 3g) and it has always done the job perfectly for me. The only app I have that isn't included as standard is facebook. I don't see the need for all this app malarkey. I just need phone, email, web, message, alarm. The fact it all works happily along with my mac helps too. I intend to get the iphone 5 in a week or so hopefully just for the speed increase and battery life.

Absolutely my situation as well.

I don't see the need for all this app malarkey. I just need phone, email, web, message, alarm.

My Nanna would say she didn't see the need for all this PC malarkey, she just needed royal mail, a landline, a telly and a clock.

Her gran just needed the wireless, a homing pigeon and the church bells.

Surely a web designer should be at the cutting edge....and VERY keen to get into app design?

:lol: I've got the 64GB 4S and have integrated it into my daily fitness routine. I'm benching 5 iPhones (5x5 = 25 - battery life) with perfect form whilst chatting to me mam.

:lol:

You fucking beast!

Mines only 32gb , so it must be half the weight.