iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it with my old iPhone when it was still missing some basic functions. Pointless now though, isn't it.

I'm running MIUI on my S2 now 2J. It's quality.

Ah nice one man. That one I'm running is fantastic too.

Can't wait for the Jellybean version of Neat ROM Lite. Or at least I hope there is one being made too. Runs so much smoother.

Ha ha, what a piss take, can you imagine this happening under Jobs? No chance. Be funny if Google and Microsoft could block Apple users access to Google maps and Bing. Is that technically possible?

Aye, it'd be a piece of piss to identify what OS is being used. Though no doubt it would break 1000 anti-trust laws.

What a ball ache waiting for the IPhone 5 car charger to come out!

Had to be without the phone for a couple of hours while it charged up at home.

Demented in the Taxi!

Played with the strings on the radio, Tom Tom, data head, looked for money down the seats, checked the oil etc.

You forget how you take them for granted these days.

Also thought if the car broke down and I needed to ring wife / child etc from a phone box, I wouldn't have a scooby doo what their numbers are! :lol:

My precious is back now :)

Aye, it'd be a piece of piss to identify what OS is being used. Though no doubt it would break 1000 anti-trust laws.

I think there's some mileage in the 'It wouldn't have happened on Jobs' watch". I've used the app in London last week when trying to navigate my way to a meeting. It did get me there, but I'll be honest, I didn't have the same faith in it that I did with Google Maps. It didn't seem to quite show me 'exactly' where I was, more sort of near by.

I'll go as far as to say that I don't think Jobs would have allowed what is essentially a sub-standard app to be released. As an app, it is well below what I'd normally expect from an Apple-written app.

Fair play to TIm Cook for actually saying so though. Tbf, I rather liked the fact that he not only referenced other apps which would do better job in the meantime, but even reminded users how to create shortcuts to webpages - using Google Maps as the example.

BTW, yes; the fact he used the letter to highlight one of iOS6's new features was not lost on me either.

Is that meant to be on the App Store? If do I can't see it.

Tbh CT - it might have helped if I gave you the correct app name :blush:

Its actually CineXplayer: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cinexplayer-best-way-to-enjoy/id384098375?mt=8

I still use iTunes to sync everything, but if you go to the app tab on your iphone / ipad, then you can scroll down past the app view to where the apps are that accept files. From there, select CineXplayer and just drag the video files into that window. You can even organise the files into folders inside the app and hide them from the kids. I use it to hide the stuff my young'uns aren't old enough to watch as they just help themselves to my iPad.

they dont give you one, its £25

That's one of the things that actually pisses me off about Apple. They force you into buying an adaptor that most people would give you for free; and the make you pay nominally £25 for the privilege. They do the same with the VGA adaptor, DVI adaptor, HDMI adaptor (granted, paying for that one is probably ok) for macbooks etc. It feels a bit petty if I'm honest.

Tbh CT - it might have helped if I gave you the correct app name :blush:

Its actually CineXplayer: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cinexplayer-best-way-to-enjoy/id384098375?mt=8

I still use iTunes to sync everything, but if you go to the app tab on your iphone / ipad, then you can scroll down past the app view to where the apps are that accept files. From there, select CineXplayer and just drag the video files into that window. You can even organise the files into folders inside the app and hide them from the kids. I use it to hide the stuff my young'uns aren't old enough to watch as they just help themselves to my iPad.

Cheers for that.

Got the OneX now. A little underwhelmed, it appears its just a smartphone much like the iPhone. Screen is lovely though. Haven't downloaded any apps yet or properly sussed the OS. Hoping the pc interface is much better.

Loving my zillion gigabyte iPhone 5. Got all three seasons of the thick of it loaded up and constantly sat in lay byes chuckling away.

The speed is just out this world and the screen size just seems do right.

Our lass got 30% off the monthly payment so make sure you have a good haggle instore.