iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Apple are gonna have to publish what amount to apologies to Samsung for trying to claim Samsung were copying them. Bit embarrassing.

:lol: Back in the real world everybody knows Apple are the market leader in the segment, saw the gap, made the product work, designed its functionality and then Samsung followed them into the sector. Woo Samsung!

:lol: Back in the real world everybody knows Apple are the market leader in the segment, saw the gap, made the product work, designed its functionality and then Samsung followed them into the sector. Woo Samsung!

Followed them and quickly overtook them due to Apple's insistence on holding back technology for the next iteration. :blush:

Followed them and quickly overtook them due to Apple's insistence on holding back technology for the next iteration. :blush:

Its the same business model for the phones, wait for Apple to innovate, backward engineer it saving millions in R&D costs then spruce up the specs, copy design and under-cut. Its not rocket science.

Still slipping though, ad revenues moving in the wrong direction and net income down.

I haven't taken the time to properly read through their statements but number of paid clicks is well up, CPC is down while net cash from operating activities is also increasing.

I wouldn't say they're on the 'wayne' just yet.

How are they getting their hands on the amazing innovations that Apple make but don't release for 5 years? If Apple are that clever why don't they come to market with these innovations first, rather than let their competitors steal a march on them and constantly have to play catchup?

"With iOS 6 you can share things that interest you direct to Facebook, twitter or email direct from the app that you're in."

That's nice but I could do that on my HTC Desire years ago. Why hold this stuff back? Are you sure this stuff was their idea that someone else nicked, or is it possible that its them that's pinching this stuff off other people.

Besides, the judge has said Samsung aren't playing the role of copycat, which is why Apple are having to publicly apologise.

I haven't taken the time to properly read through their statements but number of paid clicks is well up, CPC is down while net cash from operating activities is also increasing.

I wouldn't say they're on the 'wayne' just yet.

True but the rapid sell off shows where market sentiment is with respect to the robustness of google's business.

Besides, the judge has said Samsung aren't playing the role of copycat, which is why Apple are having to publicly apologise.

Its not an apology per se. Lets not lose sight of the first iPad thread on here (started by me) where nothing existed except some failed early prototypes. In the face of incredulity and piss taking, the product takes off and revolutionises the market. Some years later, Samsung come along with a model that looks just like it. In this industry, it would have been remiss of Apple not to force Samsung into costly and resource-diverting litigation on this basis. Its part of the war games.

True but the rapid sell off shows where market sentiment is with respect to the robustness of google's business.

More of a correction of unrealistic market expectations imo. I have a feeling that Apple will be experiencing something similar within the next couple of years.

Explain.

As I said, it's a feeling rather than anything based on solid fact. Apple has seen it's rapid growth based on three key products: the ipod, iphone and ipad. With the ipod they weren't first to market, they simply made and marketed MP3 players better than anyone else. Their more recent growth has been due to the iphone and ipad which they did very well but more importantly they launched before anyone else.

Their imminent release of the ipad mini is a backward step for me. They're entering into an already developed market rather than releasing anything fresh. Apple need to be leading the industry with fresh innovation and we simply haven't seen that for a few years. They may well have the 'next big thing' in development and launch it next year but I have my doubts. Anyway, just a feeling.

As I said, it's a feeling rather than anything based on solid fact. Apple has seen it's rapid growth based on three key products: the ipod, iphone and ipad. With the ipod they weren't first to market, they simply made and marketed MP3 players better than anyone else. Their more recent growth has been due to the iphone and ipad which they did very well but more importantly they launched before anyone else.

Their imminent release of the ipad mini is a backward step for me. They're entering into an already developed market rather than releasing anything fresh. Apple need to be leading the industry with fresh innovation and we simply haven't seen that for a few years. They may well have the 'next big thing' in development and launch it next year but I have my doubts. Anyway, just a feeling.

Fair enough but i have to point out that its far less likely that Samsung/Motorola/Nokia or Google/Microsoft are going to make the next big thing work. The next big thing is out there and its based around the frontiers of technology, which are more or less understood by all the tech giants. Its which one as a business can develop the segment as a product which sells. Thats Apple's biggest strength, they can go where others can only really follow.

So while the U.K. court did not find Samsung guilty of infringement, other courts have recognized that in the course of creating its Galaxy tablet, Samsung willfully copied Apple's far more popular iPad.

:lol: