iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the best phone I've had tbf:

The Last.fm and Shazam applications, work really well, athough (Urbanspoon) only locates restaraunts in London etc, should be a brilliant app once they update and expand it. The Facebook and Myspace applications are great and efficient.

The texting is rather cool, the converstaion format is a nice touch.

Overall, brilliant so far and things can only get better for the iPhone!

Peer to Peer gaming ! cool

Wireless interfacing with external accesories, bluetooth speaker docking.

Push notification of app updates and IM

I've been looking at getting an iPhone for quite some time. Firstly when is 3.0 coming out, secondly how quickly if it all do you think it will be cracked and thirdly is it worth me buying one online off eBay or somewhere else instead of getting one on contract? I'm assuming that once it's jail broken you can put any sim in you like and I wont need to pay through the nose on O2 for 30 minutes and 170 texts a month just so I can have an iPhone.

I've been looking at getting an iPhone for quite some time. Firstly when is 3.0 coming out, secondly how quickly if it all do you think it will be cracked and thirdly is it worth me buying one online off eBay or somewhere else instead of getting one on contract? I'm assuming that once it's jail broken you can put any sim in you like and I wont need to pay through the nose on O2 for 30 minutes and 170 texts a month just so I can have an iPhone.

You def need an unlimited data allowance, I'm not sure how easy it is to get one unless you have an iphone/Blackberry.

With O2 you can get a bolt-on for an extra £7 or a month or something that will include unlimited texts in your package. That's what I'm going to do once my contract with Vodafone runs out.

OS 3.0 will be available in June as a free update to iPhone 3G users.

Find someone who works at Llloyds, McDonalds etc and take advantage of the 30% line rental discount.

This gets you an 18 month contract reduced from £44 per month to £29.

Free I Phone

Unlimited web

1200 minutes per month

500 Texts

This works out at £522 over 18 months or yoy can buy on Pay and Go for £350

That's what I did, got a mate who works for British Sugar, they get 30% off at o2 for friends and family, I opted for the £44 tariff and up graded to the 16gig White version for an extra £60.

Find someone who works at Llloyds, McDonalds etc and take advantage of the 30% line rental discount.

Free I Phone

Unlimited web

1200 minutes per month

500 Texts

Bastard, my ex lass works at McDonalds! Should've thought about this before we split up :lol:

Free I Phone

Unlimited web

1200 minutes per month

500 Texts

My mate works at O2 and unsurprisingly the deals apply to him too.

Strong, though as yet unconfirmed, industry rumours claim that O2 will reduce the cost of the 3G iPhone come May. It's likely the 8GB model will be offered free on the most popular £34.26/month package (it's currently only free on a £44.05 or £73.41/month tariff), and the 16GB model will be free on the £44.05/month package (currently £57.74 on a £44.05/month tariff).

So if you were planning on buying an iPhone wait and its probably getting cheaper. Though it's worth noting that while significant, these potential cuts hardly make the iPhone a top choice for those who want to cut costs, much much cheaper deals are available with other handsets.

Read the Cheap Mobiles & Mobile Contracts articles to find out how to get real cheap deals.

Why's it doing this?

Its almost certain Apple's set to release a new and improved iPhone this summer. As ever when it comes to the super-secret company, there's no official release date, but if previous years are anything to go by, mid-July seems a decent bet.

There's also speculation that O2 will lose the exclusive rights to sell the next iPhone, with Orange said to be vying for the lucrative contract. Again, though, this is only a rumour at this point.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...47#post19817847

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml...iff-april.phtml

O2 reduces iPhone tariff costs to get free handset For those who sign up for 2-year contracts

O2 has announced that from 3 April it will introduce a new 24 month tariff option for iPhone customers that will see iPhone 3Gs given away for "free" on lower tariffs then ever before.

Following AT&T's introduction of a "commitment-free" iPhone in the US, this will fuel speculation that the operators are attempting to clear down stocks of the phone in anticipation of a new model rumoured for launch this summer.

O2 says the new tariff is for those "looking for added value in return for added commitment".

Customers who sign up to the 24 month tariff can get the 8GB iPhone 3G for free at £34.26 per month and the 16GB iPhone 3G for free at £44.05 per month.

Previously the iPhone 3G 8GB was available from free only on £44.05 a month contracts while the 16GB iPhone was free only on a £73.41 a month contract.

The 24 month iPhone 3G tariff will be available through O2, Apple and Carphone Warehouse from 3 April.

Can anyone explain how I orgainse my iPhone photos into albums using iTunes on a PC ???

Simply create a new folder that you will use to synch with and then create subfolders inside that for albums. Then synch that folder with the iPhone in iTunes and they will be sorted into albums on the phone.

Can anyone explain how I orgainse my iPhone photos into albums using iTunes on a PC ???

Simply create a new folder that you will use to synch with and then create subfolders inside that for albums. Then synch that folder with the iPhone in iTunes and they will be sorted into albums on the phone.

Cheers dude

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
a 2 year contract for a mobile is madness and ive just bought a se c905.

that is all.

Aye, 18 months is bad enough !