iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Take it to you nearest Apple store, the will give you a new one, don't take it to O2 !

Apple Store? Didn't know they had a store in Newcastle?

Did i say there was ?

Then why advise it?

O2 it is then, would I have to return it to the original store (Metrocentre), to obtain a replacement or can I go to another branch?

FFS!

He does say the "nearest" Apple store, not the "Newcastle" apple store. I'm sure you dont expect him to look on the net to see if there is one near your house when you can do that?

Why not just ring them?

The only apple store I know of was in London and obviously thats inconvient. Likewise, I'll just goto the shop and demand a replacement, should work. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it to you nearest Apple store, the will give you a new one, don't take it to O2 !

Apple Store? Didn't know they had a store in Newcastle?

Did i say there was ?

Then why advise it?

O2 it is then, would I have to return it to the original store (Metrocentre), to obtain a replacement or can I go to another branch?

FFS!

He does say the "nearest" Apple store, not the "Newcastle" apple store. I'm sure you dont expect him to look on the net to see if there is one near your house when you can do that?

Why not just ring them?

The only apple store I know of was in London and obviously thats inconvient. Likewise, I'll just goto the shop and demand a replacement, should work. :D

There are some stores which have apple.... accreditation (for the want of a better word) get lookign online for one of those.

John Lewis, Fenwicks may have it.

Bah, well I'm back and little progress. They've demoted me with the first ever mobile you probably bought of a Nokia and told me the repair or replacement will take two weeks onwards. I also asked about the insurance, which didn't cover technical faults and doesn't overcome the standard one year garunatee which Apple have issued, once it's expired. The guy (chinese) didn't appear to have a clue about what I was talking about tbh, and merely offered me what he could. I then asked the option of being recredited, considering I'm not actually using the iPhone and instead using a petty Nokia non-colour, but still I have to continue the original £45 contract on this piece of shite.

Shame you don't have an Apple Store near by, they would have exchanged it there and then for a shiny new one.

Shame, indeed it is. I do hope they send a new phone mind, considering it's a glitch in the firmware which seems unrepairable from most reports and accounts.

does anyone know if there is an app for radio connection?

I use Wunder Radio

To play Music from your phone?

mainly for 5Live and Talksport or to listen to "the legends".

desperate I know :lol:

I use Wunder Radio

Anything I can use to play music straight of my Iphone? Or does this app work for that too?

I use Wunder Radio

Anything I can use to play music straight of my Iphone? Or does this app work for that too?

Other than music already on your iPhone ? :razz:

You can use the Wunder Radio app to tune into any radio station that has an internet feed.

other than that, there will be a Spotify app out soon but you can only use that via wifi, not 3G. (unless you jail break)

The Spotify app sound pretty useless if it's not using the 3G mechanism, where as your restricted using a Wifi serivice.

Where do you get Voice Control, I can't find it on the app store or is it an iPhone 3GS exclusive?

I use Wunder Radio

Other than music already on your iPhone ? :razz:

You can use the Wunder Radio app to tune into any radio station that has an internet feed.

other than that, there will be a Spotify app out soon but you can only use that via wifi, not 3G. (unless you jail break)

I'll explain it for him... He wants an FM transmitter so he can play music from his phone to the radio in his car.

I use Wunder Radio

Other than music already on your iPhone ? :aye:

I'll explain it for him... He wants an FM transmitter so he can play music from his phone to the radio in his car.

:razz: Fucking Bawan.

Omar get yourself an iTrip.

Shame you don't have an Apple Store near by, they would have exchanged it there and then for a shiny new one.

I didnt know there was an Apple store in Newcastle?

Slightly related, isn't there somewhere in Ponteland that does the repairs or sends them off?

Can you not just deal with Apple Online? When an ipod knacks they send you a box to send it to them, and as soon as they receive it they'll ship you one that works back. You can get it back within a week.

Can you not just deal with Apple Online? When an ipod knacks they send you a box to send it to them, and as soon as they receive it they'll ship you one that works back. You can get it back within a week.

I did mine through O2 stores and had it back in under a week all covered on the warranty. Just make sure you have everything backed up.

:icon_lol:

i think i know the answer but here goes....... wor lass had an accident with her iphone the lcd bust on it, its only 7 months old but she took it to 'a fella on the market' to fix, he has put new screen in and now the new screen is buggered!! ie no picture, the hone works cos it rings etc but no screen, now the fella has vanished off the market now!!!

is it worth taking to apple?? we have one in manchester and plead thickness on my park (i'll take the blame lol)

i think i know the answer but here goes....... wor lass had an accident with her iphone the lcd bust on it, its only 7 months old but she took it to 'a fella on the market' to fix, he has put new screen in and now the new screen is buggered!! ie no picture, the hone works cos it rings etc but no screen, now the fella has vanished off the market now!!!

is it worth taking to apple?? we have one in manchester and plead thickness on my park (i'll take the blame lol)

Is it just a white screen with random lines appearing?

If so, it can be returned no problem as it's a hardware fault, unless the screen is obviously different.

They'll probably spot the dodgy screen and tell you you've voided the warranty.

Why the fuck did you take it to a street vendor, when the thing would still be under warranty and you've got an apple store handy? :icon_lol: