iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Android is pissing all over the iphone and will continue to do so imo

Hence version 4 will be released this year which will spunk in the eye of your desire.

http://www.googleandroidblog.com/news/ipho...t=Google+Reader

Playing catch-up tbh. Running to stand still. :razz:

Google rode on Apple's success with the iPhone. The app store is the real area of innovation now for smart phones, which is what everyone else has been copying.

That list ignores the major reason why the iPhone is preferable for me, iTunes. I got an iPhone as i wanted my iPod and phone together, as i suspect most people did. My phone is primarliy a music player, a phone and has apps for when i'm bored or in need of some info.

Anyway, Apple has first mover advantages in terms of brand, Android has second mover advantages in terms of technology, like most markets.

Looking at a youtube video, the only thing the HTC looks inferior on to me is scaling, which is pretty much perfect on the iPhone. I'm not going to use my iPhone as a music player mind - the battery life is bad enough as it is and it won't play half my files. The sound on my Sony is better too.

Having now used both, I'm not sure what itunes offers you that you can't do on an android. Honestly I'm just on through wind-up cos I love my iPhone but not sure about the itunes point.

150Gb of music in iTunes. I just presumed it wouldnt sync with iTunes?

I believe there's an app that allows sending with itunes. I use this thing called doubletwist which basically does the job of itunes - when you install it it finds your itunes library on your computer and is basically an itunes clone.

• 2 weeks later...

just jailbroken my phone, whats the best site for free apps?? been looking on torrent sites so far

ta very much

just jailbroken my phone, whats the best site for free apps?? been looking on torrent sites so far

ta very much

I've just jailbroken mine and have been using an app called installous which is available through Cydia

Clicky

Edited by Paul

Just bought a new car and my old car kit is a: on it's way out and b: not compatible with the new car stereo (although I could buy a new audio lead).

Any suggestions/recommendations? The Parrot ones seem like the ones to go for, but I'm open to suggestion. Does anyone have one of the MKi9xxx series?

I've been looking at the MKi series because the appear to come with leads to plug your iphone in as an ipod (as wells as USB based devices too) so you can play it through the car stereo.

Has anyone done this? Can you use the stereo controls to skip tracks etc? I have a Dension iceLink in the BMW whikch works exactly like that, but I wondered if the Parrot kits will take care of both phone stuff and ipod stuff.

I'm open to suggestions of other makes if anyone has any ideas.

I've been looking at the MKi series because the appear to come with leads to plug your iphone in as an ipod (as wells as USB based devices too) so you can play it through the car stereo.

Has anyone done this? Can you use the stereo controls to skip tracks etc? I have a Dension iceLink in the BMW whikch works exactly like that, but I wondered if the Parrot kits will take care of both phone stuff and ipod stuff.

I'm open to suggestions of other makes if anyone has any ideas.

I had the parrot thingy hooked up, then had a fella just put in an earphone type lead into the car stereo for music, through the AUX option. I can't change songs from the stereo though.

Poking around ebay has unearthed a cable which allows you to retain the use of the controls on your steering wheel - only £10. Just waiting for them to come back and confirm it will work on the Parrot MKI9xxx series kits with the external iphone/ipod cable.

I'd get the cheaper 3200 kit, except I want to plug my iphone or ipod into the car stereo too.

Ive always thought an iphone was for fashion victims and flash harry/harriets, but a lad at work showed me his Wunder radio app on his 3g and now its made me want worldwide internet radio streamed through my phone almost as much as I want Ashley to open his wallet this summer...

The thing is, the Wunder radio download only works on 3 types of phone...iphone,blackberry or windows smartphone....I've got a Sony Ericcson W995 with 18 months left on a 2 year contract.

So..can anyone advise me the best way to go about getting this sorted out?...iphone and blackberry are pretty much out due to price, so I thought Id go down the windows smartphone route but frankly I've had a look on ebay and I dont really know wtf I'm looking at.....any advice would be greatfully received :D