iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know if i should get the iphone 4 or get the 3gs, my 3 is due upgrade now still got 1 year left on contract, is it worth paying the extra ££££ for the 4? :jester:

Yeah, mine just timed out too, with 1sec left to go.

I remembered that my AV seems to get in the way of the updates, from past experience; so I've disabled it for the duration of the download. Now telling me it'll take 2hrs.... :jester:

I remembered that my AV seems to get in the way of the updates, from past experience; so I've disabled it for the duration of the download. Now telling me it'll take 2hrs.... :dancing:

Mine downloads for about half an hour, gets about a quarter of the way then gives me some crap about a network error 3253. Not really too sure what to do :jester:

I remembered that my AV seems to get in the way of the updates, from past experience; so I've disabled it for the duration of the download. Now telling me it'll take 2hrs.... :dancing:

Mine downloads for about half an hour, gets about a quarter of the way then gives me some crap about a network error 3253. Not really too sure what to do :jester:

Its probably just the sheer volume of people trying to get the update making the file unavailable. Apple servers getting hammered at the minute.

I was refreshing like a sad cunt at 6 oclock when it came out. Downloaded and installed fine. Must have just been lucky. Went to take a picture before and it was freezing like fuck which has never happened before. Now I've double clicked the home button and deleted the apps along the bottom its taking pictures faster than ever. This could become a bit of a ball ache

I was refreshing like a sad cunt at 6 oclock when it came out. Downloaded and installed fine. Must have just been lucky. Went to take a picture before and it was freezing like fuck which has never happened before. Now I've double clicked the home button and deleted the apps along the bottom its taking pictures faster than ever. This could become a bit of a ball ache

I've 'upgraded' easily enough but can't say I'm happy. My synched photos now look shit - they've gone all pixellated and blurry. I've googled it and it is a real problem. Apart from that there's nothing in this upgrade I really want or need. No doubt this will be patched in time but its pretty shit really, don't Apple bother to beta test their stuff?

just found a hack to jb the 3g with os4.o will try it tonight, liking the folders but not liking the fact i lost my jb

Thats a bit shit, the OS 4 does nothing for the touch!! no folders, no books, no abiltiy to change background etc. :jester:

What gen touch have you got? I thought some of the features (folders definitely) would work for the 2nd and 3rd gen touches. Multi-tasking won't work on the 2nd gen, but should on the 3rd.

Anyone else having really slow backups might find this site helpful.

http://www.modyouri.com/os-x-daily-feed/12...one-backup.html

Followed most of the advice on here. IE copied pictures to computer, deleted off the phone and did a factory restore which updates to os4

Copied music and photos back on and it now syncs and backs up like shit off a stick.

Thats a bit shit, the OS 4 does nothing for the touch!! no folders, no books, no abiltiy to change background etc. :jester:

What gen touch have you got? I thought some of the features (folders definitely) would work for the 2nd and 3rd gen touches. Multi-tasking won't work on the 2nd gen, but should on the 3rd.

3rd Gen. Multi tasking was restricted to iphone 3GS and iphone4. The only thing that's different is the appearance. It looks more hi-tech'ish the layout. Nothing else different :/