iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there is an official nufc app, £2.99 some shitty wallpapers, highlight videos from last season and last seasons results.....

....keep your money !

A man who flew from Dubai and queued on a London street for 32 hours to be the first in line to buy the new iPhone 4 had his efforts dashed when Apple allowed internet pre-order customers ahead of him.

Alex Lee, 27, who headed a 500-strong queue outside the Regent Street store on Thursday morning, said he would write to Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Asked why he was not first to enter the store, Mr Lee said: "I don't have an answer because I've been queuing here for a lot longer than everybody else."

He added: "I can't do anything about it. If you don't like what you've seen, s.jobs@apple.com is a quick way of getting hold of somebody up in management."

Instead, the first person to buy the new iPhone 4 was 23-year-old graduate Ben Paton, from Stoke-on-Trent, who had queued for 16 hours.

Mr Paton said he felt embarrassed and even asked Apple staff if he could wait his turn.

But with the new handset in his hands, and Apple staff whooping and cheering as he descended the shop's glass steps, he described the feeling as "absolutely incredible, amazing. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd love to do it again".

If Mr Lee had registered on Apple's Reserve and Pick Up website, he would have avoided the disappointment. But despite missing the chance to be first, the dedicated Apple fan insisted his marathon wait was worthwhile.

He said: "It's so thin, maybe five or six credit cards thick - it's amazing. Absolutely worth it, every second of it."

Apple's latest smartphone is slimmer and more powerful than its predecessor and features the new OS 4 operating system as standard, which makes multi-tasking third party apps possible for the first time.

Serves the sad cunt right ;)

A man who flew from Dubai and queued on a London street for 32 hours to be the first in line to buy the new iPhone 4 had his efforts dashed when Apple allowed internet pre-order customers ahead of him.

Alex Lee, 27, who headed a 500-strong queue outside the Regent Street store on Thursday morning, said he would write to Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Asked why he was not first to enter the store, Mr Lee said: "I don't have an answer because I've been queuing here for a lot longer than everybody else."

He added: "I can't do anything about it. If you don't like what you've seen, s.jobs@apple.com is a quick way of getting hold of somebody up in management."

Instead, the first person to buy the new iPhone 4 was 23-year-old graduate Ben Paton, from Stoke-on-Trent, who had queued for 16 hours.

Mr Paton said he felt embarrassed and even asked Apple staff if he could wait his turn.

But with the new handset in his hands, and Apple staff whooping and cheering as he descended the shop's glass steps, he described the feeling as "absolutely incredible, amazing. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd love to do it again".

If Mr Lee had registered on Apple's Reserve and Pick Up website, he would have avoided the disappointment. But despite missing the chance to be first, the dedicated Apple fan insisted his marathon wait was worthwhile.

He said: "It's so thin, maybe five or six credit cards thick - it's amazing. Absolutely worth it, every second of it."

Apple's latest smartphone is slimmer and more powerful than its predecessor and features the new OS 4 operating system as standard, which makes multi-tasking third party apps possible for the first time.

Serves the sad cunt right ;)

The thing where the Apple staff whoop and holler as these people buy their phones is fucking embarrassing. It's like mocking the afflicted.

Might be worth early adopters seeing if the reception is an issue. Beeb.

Lad I work with got one yesterday. Hadnt had this problem but he, and a couple of others I know, say that the reception has dramatically improved.

I'll be getting one, just once the panic has died down.

Might be worth early adopters seeing if the reception is an issue. Beeb.

Lad I work with got one yesterday. Hadnt had this problem but he, and a couple of others I know, say that the reception has dramatically improved.

I'll be getting one, just once the panic has died down.

Got mine yesterday and reception is great when it's sitting on the desk but drops to 1 bar when you hold it. No problem though as Steve Jobs has gone on record to say it's not an issue with the phone, it's the way people are holding it! :lol:

Don't know if anyone knows this already.......

Upgraded to os 4 the other day and when you go in to view the photos it now gives you the option to view by map.

Basically it brings up a map of great Britain with red pin heads on indicating where shouts in the country a photo was taken, even though I have never entered any location details for the photos!!!

It has my lake district photos all together, my Manchester ones etc etc.

Talk about big brother.

Upgraded to os 4 the other day and when you go in to view the photos it now gives you the option to view by map.

Basically it brings up a map of great Britain with red pin heads on indicating where shouts in the country a photo was taken, even though I have never entered any location details for the photos!!!

Talk about big brother.

Its called geotagging and many digital cameras do it automatically, most store image info called metadata basically photos are stored with a load of data such as the camera model, whether flash was used, ISO settings etc quite a bit is held though.

for instance ..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/elliequick/2124898606/meta/

Talk about big brother.

Thats not a new thing. When I imported my photos with the 3GS into iPhoto it did the same thing. Quite handy I find.

Got the iphone first day it came out bang on opening time, Sounds sad but its the only way i would be able to pick up my reservation as some sad fuckers have to work for a living :D was at front of the Q outside but then a load of chinese people ran ahead of me when they opened the doors, Fucking running, Sad gits. I strolled up and ended up like 20 something in the Q but then they all got shifted because they were hoping to buy on the day, ended up 4th or something. Apple employee's are a complete embarrassment aswell, Stood clapping and wooting for 10 minutes while people stood outside, Waiting to pick it up and carry on with their life and all that.

The phone itself is only a tiny bit better than the 3gs, Sharper screen and just general speed is the only noticable things.

Mrs R got hers today. Haven't had a proper look yet but its a bit underwhelming really isn't it? It actually feels bigger and less comfortable than the 3Gs as well.

After much deliberation between it and the iPhone 4, the missus bought a Samsung Galaxy S over the weekend. Almost nothing to choose between them (the iPhone has a flash with its camera but then if it's the camera that floats your boat then surely you should look elsewhere?). However the Samsung is about a third of the weight of the iPhone.

Also what's all this I'm hearing about the antenna being in the side of the phone and that if you hold the phone in what some would consider the normal way (fingers gripped around the edge on lower half of the phone you interfere with the reception. Good design!!! Steve Jobs is apparently suggesting to those who've forked out hundreds of quid on these things that they need to "learn to hold the phone differently" :D

Mrs R got hers today. Haven't had a proper look yet but its a bit underwhelming really isn't it? It actually feels bigger and less comfortable than the 3Gs as well.

After much deliberation between it and the iPhone 4, the missus bought a Samsung Galaxy S over the weekend. Almost nothing to choose between them (the iPhone has a flash with its camera but then if it's the camera that floats your boat then surely you should look elsewhere?). However the Samsung is about a third of the weight of the iPhone.

Also what's all this I'm hearing about the antenna being in the side of the phone and that if you hold the phone in what some would consider the normal way (fingers gripped around the edge on lower half of the phone you interfere with the reception. Good design!!! Steve Jobs is apparently suggesting to those who've forked out hundreds of quid on these things that they need to "learn to hold the phone differently" :D

I dont see it as big an issue. Lad at work got his and after a bit of fiddling we managed to replicate the issue. Or rather non-issue as the way certainly I hold it I wouldnt have the problem.

Got the iphone first day it came out bang on opening time, Sounds sad but its the only way i would be able to pick up my reservation as some sad fuckers have to work for a living :D was at front of the Q outside but then a load of chinese people ran ahead of me when they opened the doors, Fucking running, Sad gits. I strolled up and ended up like 20 something in the Q but then they all got shifted because they were hoping to buy on the day, ended up 4th or something. Apple employee's are a complete embarrassment aswell, Stood clapping and wooting for 10 minutes while people stood outside, Waiting to pick it up and carry on with their life and all that.

The phone itself is only a tiny bit better than the 3gs, Sharper screen and just general speed is the only noticable things.

Chinese people have zero concept of queuing. I used to get a bus that ran through Chinatown in San Francisco and I wanted to kill the little mop-headed fuckers on a daily basis.

I spent half an hour trying to make an MP3 a ringtone on my IPhone yesterday, something I could have done in 10 seconds on my old SE. Still doesn't work. So much for Apples being ultra-intuitive.

Chinese people have zero concept of queuing. I used to get a bus that ran through Chinatown in San Francisco and I wanted to kill the little mop-headed fuckers on a daily basis.

tbf 'queuing' is a largely British culture. The rest of the world seem to see it as 'everyone in it for themselves'.