iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really torn what to do for my next phone. I'm tempted to go back to the iphone, but I don't know if I'll miss some of the stuff that you can do on an android, and get annoyed by lack of flash support etc.

One of the glaring issues with the androids in the past was the lack of a media player to rival the ipod. Winamp for android has gone some way to plugging that gap but ipod is sill better. android are now outselling the iphone in the us as well.

Any thoughts to sway me one way or the other from either side?

Rumours of an iPhone 5 around June, probably not a massive change from the iPhone 4 but more a long the lines of the the 3Gs upgrade, might be worth waiting to see what happens there.

I'm really torn what to do for my next phone. I'm tempted to go back to the iphone, but I don't know if I'll miss some of the stuff that you can do on an android, and get annoyed by lack of flash support etc.

One of the glaring issues with the androids in the past was the lack of a media player to rival the ipod. Winamp for android has gone some way to plugging that gap but ipod is sill better. android are now outselling the iphone in the us as well.

I've used android and iPhone and whilst I like the abilty to do what you want with an android I'd still go for an iPhone.

The thing that gets me with iPhone is that everything must be endorsed by apple. (barring jailbreaks). If you buy a windows computer, you can download or do whatever you want on it but Apple seem to think even once you own this equipment they should regulate what it can be used for.

This is what pisses me off about Apple. Steve Jobs off on the sick again I see. Long term again, still raking in a nice bonus though.

Rumours of an iPhone 5 around June, probably not a massive change from the iPhone 4 but more a long the lines of the the 3Gs upgrade, might be worth waiting to see what happens there.

Aye. I've just changed from O2 to Vodafone and had them agree that assuming the iPhone 5 (or whatever its called) comes out I can get a free handset.

I've used android and iPhone and whilst I like the abilty to do what you want with an android I'd still go for an iPhone.

The thing that gets me with iPhone is that everything must be endorsed by apple. (barring jailbreaks). If you buy a windows computer, you can download or do whatever you want on it but Apple seem to think even once you own this equipment they should regulate what it can be used for.

This is what pisses me off about Apple. Steve Jobs off on the sick again I see. Long term again, still raking in a nice bonus though.

Aye that's what winds me up too. I can't get owt on it without using iTunes, it won't play certain video file formats etc etc. I've ordered an ipod touch, so will see what I think of that and probably base my decision on iPhone vs Android on what I make of the Touch.

Aye that's what winds me up too. I can't get owt on it without using iTunes, it won't play certain video file formats etc etc. I've ordered an ipod touch, so will see what I think of that and probably base my decision on iPhone vs Android on what I make of the Touch.

Oh aye, I kna all about video file format not working. :lol: Only place I get 3g on mine at home is on top of the microwave. No good.

The only thing wrong with android, is it's not an iphone. :o

If you use the VLC app you can play pretty much any movie file format, although you still need iTunes to transfer them to the iPhone but at least you don't need to convert the files.

If you use the VLC app you can play pretty much any movie file format, although you still need iTunes to transfer them to the iPhone but at least you don't need to convert the files.

VLC app's just been pulled from the app store. :lol:

VLC app's just been pulled from the app store. :lol:

Bugger, they pulled it a few months back and it reappeared, thats a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
iPod Touch has arrived. Any recommendations on good apps please?

Loving the touch btw. Genius playlists and mixes are class.

Based on this,

Gemmill is 6'2" and fat by all accounts; he would suffocate you, you little shit. That'd be the end of your silly bloody threads. Bump into him, don't make me laugh. There's only one survivor in that battle.

I'd recommend iMapMyRun, Gym Buddy and ShapeUp :lol:

Based on this,

Gemmill is 6'2" and fat by all accounts; he would suffocate you, you little shit. That'd be the end of your silly bloody threads. Bump into him, don't make me laugh. There's only one survivor in that battle.

I'd recommend iMapMyRun, Gym Buddy and ShapeUp :razz:

If the thing in your gamertag looks owt like you, I'd pipe down if I were you, Rolf. :D

Based on this,

I'd recommend iMapMyRun, Gym Buddy and ShapeUp :lol:

If the thing in your gamertag looks owt like you, I'd pipe down if I were you, Rolf. :D

:razz: Fair point Boris.

Nothing decent I've noticed in months anyway.

Word Lens is impressive looking.

Gorillacam is a good camera app.

Mirrors Edge was free over Christmas and is an alright game.

I'm sure you know Cut the Rope and Angry Birds from android.

iFF is an app for the Fantasy Premier League game. Very tidy.

MyFitnessPal helps track calories/exercise plans etc.

Pic2shop is a barcode scanner and automatically gives you alternative prices online for whatever you scanned.

Remote

MyEpisodes

IMDb

Flixster

Sky+

Football SC

SoundHound (first impressions are that it's far better than Shazam)

TimeWheel

Air Sharing

Dropbox

20 Min Meals

Dictionary

Tipulator

Kindle

AppBox Pro

RedLaser

Speed Test

iLuvAppClock - More useful if you have the docking system for it

Sleep Talk