iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Can you not just reinstall from the app store. It'll look like it's gonna charge you, but if you use the same apple account, anything you bought in the past is free to download again.

Is there really any point in jailbreaking tthese days?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I'd anyones not aware of this, but you can add a search function to the iPhone, (similar to how you'd use CTRL & F on a pc).

First off bookmark any page, then go into that bookmark and edit the URL to this java script

java script:void%28s%3Dprompt%28%27Find%20text%3A%27%2C%27%27%29%29%3Bs%3D%27%28%27+s+%27%29%27%3Bx%3Dnew%20RegExp%28s%2C%27gi%27%29%3Brn%3DMath.floor%28Math.random%28%29*100%29%3Brid%3D%27z%27%20+%20rn%3Bb%20%3D%20document.body.innerHTML%3Bb%3Db.replace%28x%2C%27%3Cspan%20name%3D%27%20+%20rid%20+%20%27%20id%3D%27%20+%20rid%20+%20%27%20style%3D%5C%27color%3A%23000%3Bbackground-color%3Ayellow%3B%20font-weight%3Abold%3B%5C%27%3E%241%3C/span%3E%27%29%3Bvoid%28document.body.innerHTML%3Db%29%3Balert%28%27Found%20%27%20+%20document.getElementsByName%28rid%29.length%20+%20%27%20matches.%27%29%3Bwindow.scrollTo%280%2Cdocument.getElementsByName%28rid%29%5B0%5D.offsetTop%29%3B

You can then rename the bookmark from 'iPhone Toontastic' or whatever to

Text search'.

Nifty.

I realised late last night, it wasn't iTunes I used to use at all - it was Installous.

Seems thats not available now.

Itunes just complains of an unknown error. It does it with every ipa, so I know its not just a corrupt one.

:lol:

I'll have another look on the web.

Is that because these are paid apps that you got for free with Installous?

• 2 weeks later...
I realised late last night, it wasn't iTunes I used to use at all - it was Installous.

Seems thats not available now.

Itunes just complains of an unknown error. It does it with every ipa, so I know its not just a corrupt one.

;)

I'll have another look on the web.

Is that because these are paid apps that you got for free with Installous?

No, ones I 'acquired' off the internet.

In the past I'd used Installous when I jailbroke my 3GS. After my backup got corrupted and goosed the phone I did a full restore and never jailbroke it again. Since then, I've not jailbroken my iphone 4 either. After jailbreaking an ipad1 from the office, I looked for installous and it no longer exists. I tried downloading apps from the web and then installing using itunes but it wont work.

Since then, I've done some reading and its been mentioned that you install the ssh app on the device (through Cydia), change the password and then copy the apps from your PC/Mac over to the device using SSH.

I've not had the ipad much in the last month or so, so I've not tried this yet. Problem is, it seemed quite long winded and the old way was more user friendly. I know what I'm doing, so I can do it; however it struck me that many people wont have a clue about SSH and so there must be an easier way for average people.

How do other people who've jailbroken theirs get their apps on. Is it the SSH method or is there an easier/more user friendly way?

• 1 month later...

I hate Apple fanboys/'clever' Apple marketing attempts.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology...pple-store.html

People get very excited about the release of new Apple products. They drool. They caress and cradle them like newborns. They tweet and post about them nonstop.

Rob Shoesmith is planning to top all that. In what is either a clever gimmick or foolhardy challenge, the 29-year-old has camped outside the Covent Garden Apple store in London to await the arrival of the iPhone 5.

Keep in mind that Apple hasn't even announced the new iteration of the iPhone yet, or what it will be called, or when it will hit store shelves -- so the man could be sleeping in a tent for months.

Shoesmith, who works in marketing for app developer Medl Mobile, is blogging the experience from his tent and called the wait a "marketing and PR experiment."

He is also seeking sponsors to feed, entertain and keep him washed during the duration. "I am camping out on the streets of London for the launch of the iPhone 5," he wrote. "There is one rule! I can't spend money on anything I take with me. I'm asking companies to donate products and services to test out whilst I'm here. Can you help?"

Plenty of companies said yes. Skype, Domino's Pizza, Cadbury, Mountain Dew, Kenneth Cole, Weight Watchers and Gillette have all signed on to send free products or sponsor his stay in some way.

Among the most useful -- and grossest -- contributions? A portable, foldable toilet from British firm Bog in a Bag.

Edited by Tecato

People get very excited about the release of new Apple products. They drool. They caress and cradle them like newborns. They tweet and post about them nonstop.

Rob Shoesmith is planning to top all that. In what is either a clever gimmick or foolhardy challenge, the 29-year-old has camped outside the Covent Garden Apple store in London to await the arrival of the iPhone 5.

Keep in mind that Apple hasn't even announced the new iteration of the iPhone yet, or what it will be called, or when it will hit store shelves -- so the man could be sleeping in a tent for months.

Shoesmith, who works in marketing for app developer Medl Mobile, is blogging the experience from his tent and called the wait a "marketing and PR experiment."

He is also seeking sponsors to feed, entertain and keep him washed during the duration. "I am camping out on the streets of London for the launch of the iPhone 5," he wrote. "There is one rule! I can't spend money on anything I take with me. I'm asking companies to donate products and services to test out whilst I'm here. Can you help?"

Plenty of companies said yes. Skype, Domino's Pizza, Cadbury, Mountain Dew, Kenneth Cole, Weight Watchers and Gillette have all signed on to send free products or sponsor his stay in some way.

Among the most useful -- and grossest -- contributions? A portable, foldable toilet from British firm Bog in a Bag.

well that should be fun when the riots hit Covent Garden tonight :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

• 1 month later...
there wont be anything new on the iphone they play catchup on there models there were rumors it was gonna be a 4s instead of the 5

the 4S is a sure thing today

whether the 5 hits today is another matter though

well that was underwhelming

Amazons event was much more fun

rumours of the ipod classics death were greatly exaggerated it seems

Edited by Semimental