iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

You've probably still got the right to cancel within the first 30 days. I'd look into it tbh cos that's a long time to be stuck with the phone. 2013 man! The world's gonna end in 2012 so 27 month contracts are a false economy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've probably still got the right to cancel within the first 30 days. I'd look into it tbh cos that's a long time to be stuck with the phone. 2013 man! The world's gonna end in 2012 so 27 month contracts are a false economy.

They should have at least offered me the same deal (18 months) :(

My bro's better than me at this, so 'once again' I think I'll be giving him a call :calmdown:

You all Jailbreak'd it?

Yup

I got as far as finding out I need redsn0w 0.9.6b6 then got stuck!

Used limera1n to jailbreak my iPhone 4. Trouble is Apple keep releasing updates and it's a pain in the ass having to re-jailbreak then re-install all your JB apps.

What are the benefits to jailbreaking the latest iphone? Is there stuff that you can't do on the standard OS? If so, what?

Just apps that arent apple approved. Fuck all point imo.

Apple don't give the App Store developers access to all the phones functionality, so stuff like improved SMS apps and Wi-Fi/3G/Bluetooth quick toggles can only be done on jailbroken phones.

If you're not interested in any of that then there is fuck all point, but there are a few canny JB apps out there that make the phone better to use imo - Google BiteSMS and LockInfo for 2 good examples.

That language app looks amazing!

Does it really work that quick?

Quite pants from what I've seen. It comes with 2 demos and neither seem to work that well but then I am only pointing it a an A4 printed sheet. Perhaps it works best with big fuck off letters. :calmdown:

What are the benefits to jailbreaking the latest iphone? Is there stuff that you can't do on the standard OS? If so, what?

Apple don't give the App Store developers access to all the phones functionality, so stuff like improved SMS apps and Wi-Fi/3G/Bluetooth quick toggles can only be done on jailbroken phones.

If you're not interested in any of that then there is fuck all point, but there are a few canny JB apps out there that make the phone better to use imo - Google BiteSMS and LockInfo for 2 good examples.

Am more concerned about its performance on high-powered apps like the video camera and its editing tool. The best thing about them for me is airtunes. Great at partys with the DJAY app. You know, all the big lush stuff the OS is meant to do.

Am pretty sure Apple use's the people who work on JB as an unofficial developer community. Most of their ideas seem to eventually migrate over to the official OS.

Tell them to do one thats shocking, your rental should be nowhere near £35 a month for that phone.

i paid £33 a month for the same sort of deal but i got my 3gs when that model of iphone came out over a year ago.

I've looked on the dialaphone, phones4u and carphone warehouse websites and can't see a better deal tbh. the extra 3months just comes from my lack of patience to wait until april as that's when my contract expires, but I'm entilted to upgrade as of from Monday.

The £30 per-month deals offer a lot less in terms of minutes, texts and you have to pay either £40 odd or over £100 for the iphone, which isn't even the latest addition....it's shit like... :calmdown:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-monthly

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/aw1/

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/

or apps and games that you don't want to pay for....which is a plus when you think things like tomtom was £100.

i've mine changed about to have a a lockscreen like the android phones as well, weather applets and dropdowns for latest emails/messages and the like, and some themes to make it look a bit fancier

Do tell me more....

I've always been interested in jailbreaking my 3gs - But honestly always been concerned i'll bugger the phone up in the process xD or be unable to reverse it in case of an emergency.

Even looking at the comments in that redsn0w page theres a ton of people throwing jargon around i just cant comprehend!

just got one of these beauties

Buy-Iphone-4-Case_11576.jpg

:huff: that's hideous Jimbo! Guess it'll stop any um... fluids from affecting your phone mind. :nufc:

I can confirm it is both jizz and fanny-batter proof.