iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Apple event starts at 6pm tonight.

One company who make the covers have already let the cat out the bag and confirmed the new size according to pc adviser.

Apple_iPhone_5_case.jpg

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/apple/3380698/first-iphone-5-case-announced/

That looks horrendous if true. I had a good play with the OneX at the weekend and it was far better than my iPhone, so this seals it for me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf that case looks gash

It must be me.

Personally I can't fathom how one of those cases represents the greatest piece of phone technology available today, the one that blows all others out of the water and requires cult worship, queues around the block and a cost twice as high as other comparable phones.

...but the other case represents an horrendous phone that requires everyone to abandon the brand.

I can't even tell which is which :lol:

It must be me.

Personally I can't fathom how one of those cases represents the greatest piece of phone technology available today, the one that blows all others out of the water and requires cult worship, queues around the block and a cost twice as high as other comparable phones.

...but the other case represents an horrendous phone that requires everyone to abandon the brand.

I can't even tell which is which :lol:

I just think the case is ugly.

im not even talking about the phone

It's not the case it's the dimensions. It's like they've just added some extra screen on the vertical dimension only. How will that be useful other than watching a widescreen film in landscape? It simply doesn't work.

Never understood why the iPhone has such huge expanses at the top and the bottom without any screen. The home button/speaker could be much smaller or elsewhere.

Agreed. It looks like its going to be a 16:9 aspect ratio which is shit imo; will not even benefit most apps.

Not a great deal but thats mainly because its not really worth it with 3g. If normal mobile signal allowed it, possibly 4g, then I might.

You can download TV with the new iPlayer App and watch it wherever\whenever you want. But why would you want to?

Well I'll be interested to see if they have produced any innovation for this, cos the iPhone has barely changed since its inception. Interested to read there that they spend less than 2% of revenues on R&D and it shows.

Bit different if you are stuck in a taxi all day or night .

Even still, long haul flights, public transport etc, I don't watch my phone then either.

There seems to me to be a conflict of interest between the home & mobile electronics providers...(and even internally for companies like Samsung) where on the one hand they need to convince us the ONLY way to watch is in 55" crystal clear super HD Bluray and THX surround sound....but on the other hand they want us to believe that we're so desperate to watch telly, we'll do it on a 4 inch screen with a single tinny mono speaker.

That said I'm all for youtube videos being in the best quality they can be on the best possible screen.....and it has proved handy being able to watch the football on Sky when stuck at a christening of people I hardly know.

Loved my HTC Desire HD, but think I'll go with the Samsung Galaxy S3 next. Gonna ditch Orange and go with GiffGaff as everyone I know seems to be doing....

Orange offered a £900+ package

£36/month contract

24 month tie in

£50 for the phone

Unlimited minutes/Texts

1GB Web

Monthly total over 2 years - £38.08/month

Giff Gaff save more than a quarter of the price if you whack the phone on an interest free credit card.....

£10 monthly top up

£426 for the phone

250 minutes/month

unlimited texts

unlimited web

Monthly total over 2 years - £27.75/month

Any horror stories to put me off?