iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand it's massively underwhleming (oh wow, a new row for apps!), and on the other hand that's not Apple's fault - there isn't much more that can be added to smartphones that hasn't already been introduced. From now on it's about improving things, such as more powerful processors and better battery life.

Not really sure why anyone would feel a desperate need to upgrade to this from a 4/4S unless they're massively into their mobile gaming/a rabid Apple fanboy.

But if you're upgrading from a 3g ........ :banana::bunny::dancing::yahoo:

That's fair enough CT but I'd check out the top end Androids first if I were you. This phone is massively underwhelming considering the delay, I'm not sure it's worth the premium. I'm definitely going Android now, can't stand the closed ecosystem of Apple any more and iTunes. IOS is looking ancient now as well, which it is, because IOS6 is backwardly compatible with the 3GS I believe. Unlike the new adapter. Really don't like the shape of this either; all the rumours were true.

Edited by Renton

Whats the difference between that and the instagram thing.

They're two completely different things, as in anybody can see your photos on Instagram.

WhatsApp is just a free text messaging app that comes from data instead.

I have both and rarely send a proper text message now as most of my mates use WhatsApp.

CT, get an iphone, as if you care about a 'closed ecosystem'. Looks nice to me, we are getting them at work next year as we are dumping Blackberry.

:lol: No the closed ecosystem wont deter me.

The big decision over here is whether to go with the new company EE, who have just launched 4G (In 4 cities only) or stick with O2 who I think are yet to name a date when they will launch 4g.

:lol: Ignore him man. Have you not read some of his posts about iPhones/Android?

Yes, I've had two android phones and one iphone, prefer the latter instead of the former and you give it the bigg'un as if i'm some WUM :unsure: . To each their own I guess :)

The big decision over here is whether to go with the new company EE, who have just launched 4G (In 4 cities only) or stick with O2 who I think are yet to name a date when they will launch 4g.

Got a mate who works for Orange (Well, EE), apparently the 4G is going to be EE exclusive for a long time. Cue an O2 press conference in the morning :lol:

Tech radar constantly update their top 20. They place the 4 at 20th when compared to other smart phones and the 4s 3rd....

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440?artc_pg=1

Strange they see such a difference between them when they also damn the 4s with faint praise such as "OK, so it doesn't feel different in the pocket...and the updates don't seem to be that ground-breaking"

Also pointing out "identical in looks to the iPhone 4...It's one of the most expensive phones on the market... the iPhone 4 and 3GS are cheaper alternatives"

...and "a lack of Bluetooth transfer, no Flash integration with the internet browser and an uninspiring contacts app still grate"

:unsure2:

No, thats what deters me. Personally though I can't wait to drag and drop again (ironically what Apple pioneered). What I'm saying is compare handsets cos the iPhone 5 is a fucked up shape.

I reckon in a couple of years it'll become apparent that the 4s signalled the end of Apple's dominance. You can't maintain a closed system without being technically superior and innovative, but Apple are now playing catch up.

As for 4g, not sure it will make sense to become an early adopter unless you're willing to pay the premium which I expect will be a lot.

Does Android have an iTunes match equivalent? Does it live update things like bookmarks using a cloud service?

Live updating of things like music playlists and bookmarks across laptop, tablet and phone is the number one feature for me from Apple.

Is the iphone 4 not the oldest phone on that list? There's none higher than the 4s

There is not a lot between the 4 and 4S phones but one thing i can categorically say as a Blackberry user is that nothing they have even beats the 3G, nevermind the 4.

There is not a lot between the 4 and 4S phones but one thing i can categorically say as a Blackberry user is that nothing they have even beats the 3G, nevermind the 4.

Agreed, but having the 4 and the 4s on the list is dafter than having any blackberries. There's a lot of blackberry fanboys.

Not sure why anyone would look beyond the top 10 anyways.

Howay Chez, credit where it's due, even your average urchin knows Blackberries are the number one device for organising basmati theft.

article-0-0D5C421400000578-88_634x663.jpg

Does Android have an iTunes match equivalent? Does it live update things like bookmarks using a cloud service?

Live updating of things like music playlists and bookmarks across laptop, tablet and phone is the number one feature for me from Apple.

Spotify & Chrome?