iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Spotify & Chrome?

Have you had any experience with spotify on a phone? Contemplating going premium so I can get it on my phone (use youtube occasionally to play songs that I don't have on my iPod) but can't be arsed if it's shite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the browser yes but for other apps too. I know google has a cloud service but know nothing about it, does it live update contacts, diaries all that sort of shit.

Spotify is not iTunes match.

Oh aye, Google calender/contacts are the dogs bollocks.

Have you had any experience with spotify on a phone? Contemplating going premium so I can get it on my phone (use youtube occasionally to play songs that I don't have on my iPod) but can't be arsed if it's shite

Aye, it's champion. You get a free trial anyway so no harm trying it.

iPhone as chrome as well

spotify doesn't even compare to music match, not by a long shot, i'm not really an apple fan, ive an ipod and iphone but thats it, but credit where it's due the music match stuff works considerably better than i expected it to.

Not sure why you would need match if you had spotify though?

Anyway, if you did, don't you need the space in your cloud for all your music with Itunes match.

Google Music (Play) streams all the music in your collection so you aren't limited by space.

Only in the US right now, but think it's a better solution once available in the UK...which it will be soon now Google are placating the labels by hiding the piracy sites in their search results.

The other thing Google Music can do is offer your music library for streaming on any device capable of running an HTML5-compatible browser. Forget installing iTunes every time you want to grab a song on a new computer, all you need to do is open a browser somewhere.

Finally, Google Music is free. iTunes Match isn't.

I dont understand how Spotify works then, do you store your entire music collection inside Spotify?

No need to....it's got just about every album going stored in the cloud. You just stream it directly. Also allows you to make any playlists you like available offline.

The other thing Google Music can do is offer your music library for streaming on any device capable of running an HTML5-compatible browser. Forget installing iTunes every time you want to grab a song on a new computer, all you need to do is open a browser somewhere.

Finally, Google Music is free. iTunes Match isn't.

Why would anyone want to grab a song on a new computer?

Google Play isnt available in Europe and is limited in size where it is.

Why would anyone want to grab a song on a new computer?

Google Play isnt available in Europe and is limited in size where it is.

I go to work and use a work PC...my entire collection is available via the browser.

I go round a friends or family members....ditto on their PC.

Or the library, or doing a DJ set at the clerb.

No need to install Itunes or owt.

Google is limited to 20,000 tracks, match to 25,000....Match costs £20+ a year, Google costs nowt.

No need to....it's got just about every album going stored in the cloud. You just stream it directly. Also allows you to make any playlists you like available offline.

So i can buy a few albums, shut laptop, get in cab and listen to them offline on the plane without syncing anything?

I go to work and use a work PC...my entire collection is available via the browser.

I go round a friends or family members....ditto on their PC.

Or the library, or doing a DJ set at the clerb.

No need to install Itunes or owt.

Google is limited to 20,000 tracks, match to 25,000....Match costs £20+ a year, Google costs nowt.

Its not available here, how do you know it works? Is your whole collection really there? Is the streaming reliable enough for public performance etc?

So i can buy a few albums, shut laptop, get in cab and listen to them offline on the plane without syncing anything?

You mean on your phone?

You'd need to sync to your phone....but I would just buy on my phone and make available offline without even touching the laptop if that's what I wanted to do.

Its not available here, how do you know it works? Is your whole collection really there? Is the streaming reliable enough for public performance etc?

You could get it with an IP hidden.

I think it works, I mean there's some people that use it.

Just answering your question on what the android options are.

Yes, I've had two android phones and one iphone, prefer the latter instead of the former and you give it the bigg'un as if i'm some WUM :unsure: . To each their own I guess :)

I haven't got you down as WUM, it's posts like this that make you sound utterly ridiculous.

I had an android and once I switched to an iPhone felt almost embarrassed that I paid the same for an inferior copycat os

You mean on your phone?

You'd need to sync to your phone....but I would just buy on my phone and make available offline without even touching the laptop if that's what I wanted to do.

So it wouldnt be available on your tablet then either? Sure? I find the iTunes store is best on the macbook, more features, drives you to new music, access wish lists so i manage all lists (smart ones) in itunes and then on the plane it was on my phone, in my hotel room on the tablet.

When is it planned to be released in EU/RoW? I suspect it may be like Pandora etc.

You could get it with an IP hidden.

I think it works, I mean there's some people that use it.

Just answering your question on what the android options are.

Sure and for the record i dont think Apple is the best solution i just think its very very good and a few extra euros per year is neither here nor there to me. As an infrastructure its fantastic, i am surprised to hear google's music cloud will be free but that probably reflects the business analysts perspectives on the tech industry rather than the end-user. A lot of analysts think Google is already dead because Apple has monetised everything and Google is still working that bit out. In business thats all that matters in the medium term.

I haven't got you down as WUM, it's posts like this that make you sound utterly ridiculous.

Why? People are saying similar but the other way around, it's merely opinion. Android is quite obviously copied from IOS, nothing wrong in that in general, I merely think it's also inferior. I pay £23 a month for unlimited everything on an iPhone so couldn't believe I paid the same for Android is all

The price scale doesnt work that way. Its 6 times as much for the 'discoverability' of new music. Which is fair enough iyam, not knocking their business at all.

Aye.

Apple charge £20 for space and then charge for the music to fill it or expect you to source it elsewhere. Google only charge for the New music, not the space.

Spotify charge £120 to stream all the music you like and to store it on your own memory, however much you have available. While not allowing you to keep it once the subscription ends.

You lot must listen to shit loads of music! Not quite sure how you fit it in with wives, kids, work, tweeting, facebooking, forums, wRatching films, TV and reading. :lol:

This. Amazes me how anyone can squeeze as much audiovisual entertainment as these guys, particularly HF. Does he sleep?

This. Amazes me how anyone can squeeze as much audiovisual entertainment as these guys, particularly HF. Does he sleep?

What else is there to do whilst travelling to and from work?