iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

iTunes, the program, is a complete bag of shit IMO. It desperately needs a streamlined, smaller version for people who don't want to spend 15 minutes assembling playlists to stock their iPod.

Seriously, give me a new 200GB iPod that comes with a basic file loader so I don't have to use iTunes and its clunky, slow interface and I'll buy one right away.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is there to do whilst travelling to and from work?

20 mins on the metro? I read the metro paper on the way in and the Internet back (have to stand). I'm not going to want to watch a film or listen to several hundred hours of music.

This. Amazes me how anyone can squeeze as much audiovisual entertainment as these guys, particularly HF. Does he sleep?

Unfortunately not tonight. Caught up on my Tim Hartford, Glenn greenwald, Charlie Brooker, Matt Bors and Xkcd instead.

Supposed to be up at 6.30 :(

20 mins on the metro? I read the metro paper on the way in and the Internet back (have to stand). I'm not going to want to watch a film or listen to several hundred hours of music.

You know people dont all live your life right?

I travel for more than 2 hours a day for work.

You know people dont all live your life right?

I travel for more than 2 hours a day for work.

That's kind of the point I was hinting for clarification on. What mode of transport do you use to commute, and what do you use on it? We seem a bit spoiled for choice is all.

Exactly, sums Apple's monopolistic ethos up. Honestly, you say it like its a good thing.

:lol: so how good is Android on a mac then?

I have no idea what you even mean by that though, are you referring to Apple's closed system? As I don't think monopoly applies to any of Apple's markets. Sorry I don't think, it just doesnt.

:lol: so how good is Android on a mac then?

I have no idea what you even mean by that though, are you referring to Apple's closed system? As I don't think monopoly applies to any of Apple's markets. Sorry I don't think, it just doesnt.

Oh you meant the reason iTunes is shit on the PC is because the PC is shit? I honestly thought you meant its shit to encourage users to adopt other Apple products, an approach you've endorsed in the past. Given iTunes is easily the worst PC software I have ever used and Apple is the richest company in the world, I think the latter explanation is feasible.

You really don't think Apple control their content much more than other systems? We'll agree to disagree on that score.

That's kind of the point I was hinting for clarification on. What mode of transport do you use to commute, and what do you use on it? We seem a bit spoiled for choice is all.

I use the bus, its about an hour and a quarter each way.

I'll use any of youtube, videos/movies/tv programs (tend to be stored rather than streamed) music or just web browsing

depends what I fancy.

Can you add widgets to your homescreen yet?

Always found it odd that Apple refuse to adopt some of the best functionality going.

Other companies see the brilliance of an iphone and include the best bits on their models very quickly. Anything good an iphone has generally appears on another phone very soon. Apple value the beauty of their own design too much and are slow to adopt some of the great features from other companies.

You lot must listen to shit loads of music! Not quite sure how you fit it in with wives, kids, work, tweeting, facebooking, forums, watching films, TV and reading. :lol:

I listen to music while working, tweeting, facebooking, forums and reading, for a start. And quite often while the fella is trying to talk to me, too. :D

The way I feel about an Iphone is that you are buying the Aston Martin of phones. All others just seem like knocked up kit cars.

Of course I only use it for very limited functions so am not as easily tempted by other stuff.

Some people seem to be looking for a WOW factor with each release rather than just seeing a great product get faster and better and more reliable.

Dunno what you mean by equivalent.

There's dozens of music players.

I've got a Walkman for music. I mean as an interface in general. Can I use Windows and Explorer to navigate through Android. Does it support drag and drop? I thought it did.

The way I feel about an Iphone is that you are buying the Aston Martin of phones. All others just seem like knocked up kit cars.

Of course I only use it for very limited functions so am not as easily tempted by other stuff.

Some people seem to be looking for a WOW factor with each release rather than just seeing a great product get faster and better and more reliable.

What makes you think it is superior though? From what you've said you use yours for (mainly surfing), it strikes me you'd be better off with a better screen. Honestly CT, just have a look at working models in a store, you might be surprised.