iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

My mate who works at range always goes on about people going in and asking what the best phone is. He'll reply that in his opinion it's the iPhone, he gets 10 minute rants about how the company is evil and product is inferior and their opinion is right. there's a lot of 'I prefer android so I go on about it when I see an iPhone.' I've never seen the reverse. Doesn't matter anyway, as long as most people are sane and dont have a near limerance for a brand

That's anecdote So has almost no relevance to me. What I'm talking about will be on the news next Friday; it's telling you can't give an equivalent Android comparison.

Edited by Renton

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not telling at all, its just that Android is fairly small in the technology industry, whereas Apple is the most valuable company in the world.

Where google and facebook have a physical presence you get a lot of weird behaviour too. No idea what relevance this has to anything.

ooo but which is which?

The Android fanboy is clearly a mackem forever in the knowledge that Apple is a superior business. This may be the one of those seasons where the Android mackems are doing better but in the long run, the superior outfit will prevail.

Also there's a different android launch nigh in every month. If there was a single android phone and it was released once a year you'd get the same results. When something has an air of exclusivity like the new iPhone does (regardless of around a month later loads of people having one) you get things like that. I've been bored enough to go to a fifa midnight opening, I prefer PES.

When Chez has owned an Android phone, then I'll listen to him. Until then, TALK TO THE HAND FROGGY BASTARD!

I've got Google Play Music btw. Pretty easy to get set up in this country.

I'll have a look at that podcast thing, but it seems to me that the main issue is that things just don't really run in the background very well (at all?) on ios. So where my phone app will check and queue podcasts for download, I have to force it to happen on ios devices.

Sentence 2 is inconsistent with sentence 4.

Glad you noticed......I'm one of the few people that won't have it. I buy a replacement battery for £15, rip the back off my ipod and perform the open ipod surgery required to bring it back to life for another 2 years.

Not quite what apple intend.

Edit:

f28b398cc1b711e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

Still ganning strong, old skool.

A bit of forgotten history for you

Pending our thorough tests of these pending pretenders, we can't say how well they stack up against their inspiration. But used briefly on the tradeshow floor, their performances seemed quite impressive, and some even add useful features the iPhone lacks.

http://news.consumer...in-the-icl.html

I think this is the pertinent bit of your article there Chez.

I don't stick with Ford cars to this day because they were the ones that perfected the art of automobile construction back in the 20s.

I buy the best, most feature packed, reasonably priced product currently available, whoever innovated the building blocks.

I cant understand how you are so hung up with the dimensions given you havent yet held it and you are considering an even bigger phone?

You don't need to hold it, just imagine the upper bezel of your phone is screen. I know that's the wrong shape, and is far too narrow. Why won't Chez answer?

The consumer hysteria following Apple's launches is unprecedented for ANY goods afaik.They could launch a plate of dog shit to the delight of their fans as well. Why can't you see the difference?

Agreed. The acceptance of product values and brainwashing is ridiculous in this thread. You're effectively selling each other products that are essentially jazzed up speaking devices. :D

Chez might need a special phone cause he ain't in the office much and often found at Villas and ranches across the hinterland...But the rest of you desk bound automatons should just stick two paper cups together with a bit of string.

Edited by Park Life

Glad you noticed......I'm one of the few people that won't have it. I buy a replacement battery for £15, rip the back off my ipod and perform the open ipod surgery required to bring it back to life for another 2 years.

Not quite what apple intend.

Edit:

f28b398cc1b711e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

Still ganning strong, old skool.

You and Renton are the only 2 in the thread I wouldn't instantly deathcamp. :lol:

The original iphone was 'revolutionary' because they'd found a way of perfecting and putting together technologies never seen in a phone and created a device that genuinely did more than make calls and send texts. Since then it's been largely incremental changes and the only reason they're releasing the iphone 5 is because they have to release a new one every year to keep the phones turning over. Unfortunately innovation doesn't work on a set timescale.

I've a second gen iPod touch that I got just after release, 4 years this month and still pounding along.

I've never owned an iPhone either, though I will be upgrading to one next month when the time comes.

Samsung copied Apple, anyone with half a brain can see that. The court had to decide if the patents held by Apple meant the copying was illegal. The copying part isn't in question. Simple things like accessing an app via a touch sensitive icon are ubiquitous now but pre iPhone didn't exist and are the result of a hardware development philosophy that wanted to create a seamless user experience. Samsung had a bit of that. In fact they had a bit of everything that made the iPhone. Apple's court victory was about compensation for copying the design. Design is as much intellectual property as the mechanics underneath. You can't build a car to look like another one and expect to get away with it so the same applies for all products. But let's not forget what is quite simply understood by everyone in the tech industry, android is an iOS rip off and Samsung copies every single design feature of the iPhone. I don't blame Google or Samsung for adopting winning strategies nor Apple for bristling at blatantly being ripped off.

I remember the Mazda 121 looking exactly the same as the then Ford Fiesta model and being baffled as to how that got past the legal beagles, just assumed it had something to do with a joint venture or similar.