iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battery life on the 6 seems way better than previous iPhone iterations. I've usually got about 40% left on it after a full day's use where my 4s needed two charges a day.

This isn't really the thread for it, but @@Happy Face and @@Howmanheyman

There's a new Google Now update that will give you a popup option asking if you want to enable the Ok Google voice command from any page. But there's a problem with our phone - don't know if it's Cyanogenmod or with the phone hardware, but if you turn this option on then no one will be able to understand you on phone calls. It'll sound like you have no signal.

I'm not sure it even happens on every call (seems to happen 100 percent when I dial out). I was about to pull the trigger on a new phone when I found something online saying to turn this off and that seems to have fixed it.

So there you go, just in case you have the same problem.

There's a new Google Now update that will give you a popup option asking if you want to enable the Ok Google voice command from any page. But there's a problem with our phone - don't know if it's Cyanogenmod or with the phone hardware, but if you turn this option on then no one will be able to understand you on phone calls. It'll sound like you have no signal.

I'm not sure it even happens on every call (seems to happen 100 percent when I dial out). I was about to pull the trigger on a new phone when I found something online saying to turn this off and that seems to have fixed it.

Cheers marra

I don't have google now running, but I've been able to "Ok Google" from any page (or from sleeping mode when charging) for a while.

I know people have complained to me about my call quality this past week though, so I'll try disabling that until they update.

Cheers, Gemmill, don't think I'm using it either to be honest but I'll keep an eye out for such trouble. :good:

• 4 months later...

Can anyone recommend an iphone/iPad app that can be used for posting images on here?.... I used to use photo bucket but it wasn't working very well and was affecting my 5c really badly so I deleted it from it and my iPad. Thought I might re install them but they're not in App Store anymore apparently?....tried tinypic and it doesn't appear to work on here...any suggestions gratefully received :good:

Edited by PaddockLad

Imgur.

Post to there, copy the image address, post to here.

Think am using it wrong? It will only post the image link, not the actual image.

Fish's one seems better but the login thing asked for my email then my password and user name, then said that something other was invalid..

Tapatalk? Although the fact twitter and YouTube don't play properly with this place on Tapatalk is really annoying.

I don't use it but I'll give it a go. I like the full desktop site, but even that doesn't give image posting options on my iPad @@Ant

Think am using it wrong? It will only post the image link, not the actual image.

Fish's one seems better but the login thing asked for my email then my password and user name, then said that something other was invalid..

login?

what login thing?

On an iPhone, once you've uploaded your image you'll see the page like this.

QrgKhUi.jpg

Hit the three dots in the top right and it'll drop a menu. Choose "open image in tab".

That'll open a new tab in safari of the image only. Copy the address bar and post on here between image tabs. (If you're not sure what that is, quote this post and you'll see them either side of the image addresses for this post)

KPRAJvh.jpg

Those three dots don't appear in the app on my iPad...the generic Apple share symbol does though and after I opened it in safari it still just posts the link, and Fish's does the same, but it did make me try photo bucket in safari and it's worked a treat :lol:

Cheers :good:

• 11 months later...

First time in years I'm jealous of iPhone owners.

Apple clips looks so simple I can't believe no-one else has done it for sharing subbed videos to social media.

Looking forward to the Android copycat.

Anyone had a play with it? Any good?

First time in years I'm jealous of iPhone owners.

Apple clips looks so simple I can't believe no-one else has done it for sharing subbed videos to social media.

Looking forward to the Android copycat.

Anyone had a play with it? Any good?

I had a bit of a mess around with it last night, seems like its pretty good, some very clever features that are easy to work.

Struggles with my (not very broad) accent a little on the dictation though.