Owen: Turmoil has delayed contract talks

Jimbo

I'll concede that a lack of options didn't help Kinnear. Guthrie goes off and there wasn't a single midfielder on the bench.

the changes he made, weren't what I would have done, but we finished the game with 4 centre halfs on the pitch.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll concede that a lack of options didn't help Kinnear. Guthrie goes off and there wasn't a single midfielder on the bench.

I thought the options were either what you suggested, or put Viduka on and Drop Owen back for the 443 that's been proven to work.

I never even considered the option he took. 7 defenders on the pitch (including the keeper) and we still concede.

:birthday:

just goes to show, for those who talk "tactically astute" type bollocks, attacking combined with keeping possession, is the best form of defence.

I thought the options were either what you suggested, or put Viduka on and Drop Owen back for the 443 that's been proven to work.

I never even considered the option he took. 7 defenders on the pitch (including the keeper) and we still concede.

just goes to show, for those who talk "tactically astute" type bollocks, attacking combined with keeping possession, is the best form of defence.

Agreed, always has been and always will be

Aye, I would have thought about the 4-3-3 as well although I never mentioned it because I don't think Kinnear would have even considered it. I think it could be our saving grace again if he would try it though.

Agreed, always has been and always will be

We barely won a defensive header all game, even first half, so I think the attempt to 'shut up shop' basically did the exact opposite and encouraged Stoke to put pressure on us with their physical game.

This turmoil has stopped Owen signing a new contract as much as its stopped me shagging Cheryl Cole.

I disagree. I think he might have considered it were we a top half side with KK here etc. It's not like that's not his level these days, much as a I rate him still.

This turmoil has stopped Owen signing a new contract as much as its stopped me shagging Cheryl Cole.

I disagree. I think he might have considered it were we a top half side with KK here etc. It's not like that's not his level these days, much as a I rate him still.

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :birthday:

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :drinks:

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :drinks:

Cheryl would love you imo. She likes Southern dark-skinned types :birthday:

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :birthday:

I think we had him in the late summer, just a matter of ironing out the details (and then the implosion scuppered all that :drinks: ).

As for Ms. Cole, that's easy, make a few million £££'s and you're in there. :icon_lol:

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :icon_lol:

you forgot "gay".

:drinks:

No I honestly thought I would have a chance but since all this shit she is too worried about whats going on at NUFC to consider an affair :icon_lol:

you forgot "gay".

:drinks:

I would rip you apart right now if my phone wasn't ringing!

He's surely off, I'm surprised he's even saying anything at all.

Martins will probably be sold as well and then we'll really be for it.

It's ok though, the super scouting team of Kinnear and Wise will make up for it. 3 left-backs are their primary targets? Don't these idiots realise that we're sorted in defence (well, as sorted as is realistic at the moment) and that we desperately need midfielders?

Thought you might want to know a nice stat about one of your players.

Player Club Shots Goals to shots ratio

Michael Owen Newcastle United 15 40%

Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 19 36.84%

Samir Nasri Arsenal 12 33.33%

Mido Middlesborough 13 30.77%

Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 47 27.66%

You've got the striker with the highest goals/shots percentage in the premier league.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_4619769,00.html

Edited by SuspectPackage

Thought you might want to know a nice stat about one of your players.

Player Club Shots Goals to shots ratio

Michael Owen Newcastle United 15 40%

Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 19 36.84%

Samir Nasri Arsenal 12 33.33%

Mido Middlesborough 13 30.77%

Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 47 27.66%

You've got the striker with the highest goals/shots percentage in the premier league.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_4619769,00.html

And hes the only one who doesnt get his name sung....although Mido just cries about it when he does ;)