Are we too good to go down?

Dr Gloom

Most of our games against the top ten have been away from home, and we're still above the releagation spaces. I think we'll be alright.

It'll get worse over Christmas, but after the FA cup we've got a run of West Ham, Blackburn, Man City, Mackems and West Brom that'll see us do a bit of a jump up the table.

that's what i thought about our recent run of games. that's why i'm worried. we should have picked up a least a couple more wins than we have done over the recent run of games.

to be fair, if we can't dispatch the likes of stoke and wigan at home, i'm not sure we are good enough to stay up

2 games where I think the preformance warranted 3 points and only nerves saw us throw away the lead in the last minute.

It's almost as bad as the Allardyce days, except he wouldn't have a lead to throw away in the last minute. What confidence Keegan had a chance to build is crumbling quickly like.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't deserve to win on Saturday. We murdered them first half but we got exactly what we deserved in the 2nd half.

True.

We gifted them the game rather than them winning it though imo, they didn't force us back with wave after wave of attacking football. We just gave up the ghost for some bizarre reason.

We didn't deserve to win on Saturday. We murdered them first half but we got exactly what we deserved in the 2nd half.

True.

We gifted them the game rather than them winning it though imo, they didn't force us back with wave after wave of attacking football. We just gave up the ghost for some bizarre reason.

It was the tactics to blame. Simple as.

Not sure we deserved to beat Wigan either thinking back. We should have done given the position we got ourselves into though.

I honestly don't care anymore.

The idea of never even trying to get anywhere and not having a team or manager the fans deserve means every weekend you feel like you're backing the loser.

I'm sure most fans who pay their money would totally disagree and they have every right to, but it's just so fucking depressing. :birthday:

Most of our games against the top ten have been away from home, and we're still above the releagation spaces. I think we'll be alright.

It'll get worse over Christmas, but after the FA cup we've got a run of West Ham, Blackburn, Man City, Mackems and West Brom that'll see us do a bit of a jump up the table.

I would normally agree with you but the only one of those teams we have beat so far is West Brom and by the end we were hanging on against them (and they are comfortably the weakest team in the league). Citeh are strong at home and could have spent god knows what by the time we play them so I wouldn't be betting on us beating them.

I have been concerned before because of the way we were playing but our inability to beat shite at home combined with an even worse than usual record away from makes things even worse. Add to that the fact that other teams (like the makems and probably Blackburn) have the oppertunity to sack their manager and get someone else in who will give them at least a short term lift and possibly some money to spend in January while we have no chance of getting a new manager this season and very little of fatty putting some cash in for transfers while a lot of players will be thinking about being elsewhere. I really do think we could be fucked this season and I'm hoping for a meltdown at west ham to have much hope at all.

To tell the truth, if someone had asked what would you hope for out of Chelsea (a), Boro(a), Stoke(h) I'd have said 4 points. To have gotten 3 isn't as miserable as Saturday made me.

I would get a new manager in Jan and get the 2/3 players we need, there isn't much difference between the bottom 6/8 this year and the sides at the bottom who are genuinely proactive in Jan have the best chances of survival.

2 CM's One def one attacking (ideally box to box).

Right winger.

West Ham will be selling and Man City have a fair few who don't get games anymore.

Edited by Park Life

I would normally agree with you but the only one of those teams we have beat so far is West Brom and by the end we were hanging on against them (and they are comfortably the weakest team in the league). Citeh are strong at home and could have spent god knows what by the time we play them so I wouldn't be betting on us beating them.

I have been concerned before because of the way we were playing but our inability to beat shite at home combined with an even worse than usual record away from makes things even worse. Add to that the fact that other teams (like the makems and probably Blackburn) have the oppertunity to sack their manager and get someone else in who will give them at least a short term lift and possibly some money to spend in January while we have no chance of getting a new manager this season and very little of fatty putting some cash in for transfers while a lot of players will be thinking about being elsewhere. I really do think we could be fucked this season and I'm hoping for a meltdown at west ham to have much hope at all.

To tell the truth, if someone had asked what would you hope for out of Chelsea (a), Boro(a), Stoke(h) I'd have said 4 points. To have gotten 3 isn't as miserable as Saturday made me.

But thats the thing we would have been better off with getting hammered by Chelsea but taking the 3 points off of Stoke.

Whilst we continue to drop points against the likes of Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke etc we are never pulling away from them as even when we are picking up the odd decent point they are at least taking points off each other. I think it was Alex that said to me on Saturday that is was beating the teams around them that kept the Mackems up last season.

We cannot win away from home and with the top four and the likes of Spurs, Everton and Pompey to come to St James Park I really do worry after what should really be our home bankers in the likes of Blackburn, Hull, Wigan and Stoke having already passed us by...

I would get a new manager in Jan

Roy Keane?

I think he's a good manager yes.

Wouldn't be too bad for getting us out of the Championship.

:birthday:

IMO things have gone wrong there due to their inability to attract Tier One players and RK has from what I've read tried

to do too much on his own. If people look at the bigger picture he's done a lot for them. The last tranche of transfers

were a blunder..Cisse, Chimbonda etc...

I like the Hull manager forget his name.

If money were no object I'd get Jol from Hamburg. Friends here who go to HSV games say he's top notch.

I not only think we will get relegated it is such a certainty in my mind that it is no longer worrying me. If we cant hold out against shit teams like Stoke we are fucked. And as long as JFK is manager we will just get shitter. The only good thing meaning we will be ripe for another take over as the drop should just about break Ashley and mean he has to sell us at a cut price rate.

I would get a new manager in Jan and get the 2/3 players we need, there isn't much difference between the bottom 6/8 this year and the sides at the bottom who are genuinely proactive in Jan have the best chances of survival.

2 CM's One def one attacking (ideally box to box).

Right winger.

West Ham will be selling and Man City have a fair few who don't get games anymore.

I would stick a cheeky bid in for Bullard (as he is out of contract in the summer I think)

Whilst hes no world beater I think he could easily improve us in the middle of the park and our tight bastard of an owner would maybe not have to break the bank.

While that's true I think a lot of that was down to how utterly shit they were, as opposed to how good we were. We were good, but seriously at half time I remember thinking these are one of the worst sides I've seen here in 15 years. So much so I took the toon to win the second half 3-0 at 28/1.

There's no way we're too good to go down, better teams than us have went down, maybe not bigger clubs since Man Utd, but Leeds had more talent at their disposal than us. Let's pray it doesn't come to that, but the bandwagon crying that Kinnear has done a wonderful job needs to pipe down as well. Two wins in eleven isn't good enough, and a lot of this praise he's receiving seems to be coming from himself! Harry Redknapp does the same thing. I know Guthrie went off, but I 110% blame him for Saturday no one on earth can convince me the he didn't tell them to be less attacking in the second half. It's Stoke at home for fuck sake with a midfield consisting of Amdy Faye. Joke. We can go down quite easily, people are saying Blackburn might go, but they've got canny players, I'd rather have Santa Cruz than any of our forwards.

I not only think we will get relegated it is such a certainty in my mind that it is no longer worrying me. If we cant hold out against shit teams like Stoke we are fucked. And as long as JFK is manager we will just get shitter. The only good thing meaning we will be ripe for another take over as the drop should just about break Ashley and mean he has to sell us at a cut price rate.

I don't follow that logic at all. The only way for him to make anything back on his investment (if we do go down) is for Ashley to try and bring us back up.

But thats the thing we would have been better off with getting hammered by Chelsea but taking the 3 points off of Stoke.

Whilst we continue to drop points against the likes of Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke etc we are never pulling away from them as even when we are picking up the odd decent point they are at least taking points off each other. I think it was Alex that said to me on Saturday that is was beating the teams around them that kept the Mackems up last season.

We cannot win away from home and with the top four and the likes of Spurs, Everton and Pompey to come to St James Park I really do worry after what should really be our home bankers in the likes of Blackburn, Hull, Wigan and Stoke having already passed us by...

Not getting 3 points from Wigan and now Stoke are very bad portents, especially how we lost the initiative. We have an oldish side who do start to flag after 70 min or so..

While that's true I think a lot of that was down to how utterly shit they were, as opposed to how good we were. We were good, but seriously at half time I remember thinking these are one of the worst sides I've seen here in 15 years. So much so I took the toon to win the second half 3-0 at 28/1.

There's no way we're too good to go down, better teams than us have went down, maybe not bigger clubs since Man Utd, but Leeds had more talent at their disposal than us. Let's pray it doesn't come to that, but the bandwagon crying that Kinnear has done a wonderful job needs to pipe down as well. Two wins in eleven isn't good enough, and a lot of this praise he's receiving seems to be coming from himself! Harry Redknapp does the same thing. I know Guthrie went off, but I 110% blame him for Saturday no one on earth can convince me the he didn't tell them to be less attacking in the second half. It's Stoke at home for fuck sake with a midfield consisting of Amdy Faye. Joke. We can go down quite easily, people are saying Blackburn might go, but they've got canny players, I'd rather have Santa Cruz than any of our forwards.

I think they will sack Ince quite soon and then they will shoot up the table.

Worst case scenario for us was Keane going because Sunderland aren't all that bad. They're poor but they've got 3 canny forwards in Diouff, Jones and Cisse (nowt special but can do a job). Richardson is alright and so is Malbranque, i.e. a new manager could get more out of that side than Keane was managing to get. Exactly the same applies to the Ince/Blackburn situation imo.

I don't follow that logic at all. The only way for him to make anything back on his investment (if we do go down) is for Ashley to try and bring us back up.

He is losing lots of money due to credit crunch. He is completely inept at running a football club. If we go down he will see that he either has to a: Spend a lot of money to take us back up due to us losing all of our small squad. or b: sell for a cut price because he has no money left due to his disastrous playing of the financial markets and the drop in high street spending at his stores.

PM me if you still dont understand.

I think they will sack Ince quite soon and then they will shoot up the table.

Aye thats what could fuck us big time, both them and the Mackems could do themselves a big favour if they appoint the right man.

Whilst my initial reaction was that it would be funny if Fat Sam went to the Mackems I dont actually want it to happen as I think he may be able to do a half decent job of creating his Bolton side with the players at his disposal. With Kenwyne Jones playing the Davies role and Cisse and Diouf either side and a 3 man midfield with Malbranque as his creative player they could actually string a few results together.

Worst case scenario for us was Keane going because Sunderland aren't all that bad. They're poor but they've got 3 canny forwards in Diouff, Jones and Cisse (nowt special but can do a job). Richardson is alright and so is Malbranque, i.e. a new manager could get more out of that side than Keane was managing to get. Exactly the same applies to the Ince/Blackburn situation imo.

I think even if Ince stays they can get out of it, what I was banking on was Hull being dragged in to it, as well as Bolton and Fulham but all three are more than holding their own at the minute.

If we're in it with seven games left we can still do it, I think there could be four wins from these IF we sort it out.

Sat

Apr-11

Stoke City (a)

Sat

Apr-18

(18/19

FA SF)

Tottenham (a)

Sat

Apr-25

Portsmouth (h)

Sat

May-02

Liverpool (a)

Sat

May-09

Middlesbrough (h)

Sat

May-16

Fulham (h)

Sun

May-24

Aston Villa (a)

He is losing lots of money due to credit crunch. He is completely inept at running a football club. If we go down he will see that he either has to a: Spend a lot of money to take us back up due to us losing all of our small squad. or b: sell for a cut price because he has no money left due to his disastrous playing of the financial markets and the drop in high street spending at his stores.

I gathered that would be your logic you condescending cunt. I know a lot of people think they're dead clever because they've got into university but at least most people get that out of their system at 18 instead of 40.

Here's a few simple stats;

We are in 16th position, 2 above the drop.

We have lost fewer games than any other team in the bottom half (2 of those losses came during the turbulent rudderless period).

We have conceded fewer goals than 7 of the bottom half (Spurs, West Ham just less than us and they play tonight).

On top of that, during periods in recent games we have shown that we can play better football than those teams around us.

In a league this tight, I dont think many clubs can be considered too good to go down. Its far too early to say what will happen too.

I gathered that would be your logic you condescending cunt. I know a lot of people think they're dead clever because they've got into university but at least most people get that out of their system at 18 instead of 40.

Ha ha!

Fuck me what a bite.